Patch Notes for April 20th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 2

Jimmy

6 minutes ago, Faultline said:

Do remember that henchmen summons still have long recharges in PVP maps.

While true, are they affected by recharge enhancements in PvP zones? Or do they just ignore them completely? (the patch notes aren't very clear if there is a difference in how Recharge works in PvP, plus even the PvP recharge values are MUCH shorter than before the change)

7 hours ago, Faultline said:

The Stealth suppressing itself on activation is very much not wai.

Please revert the Stealth/Invisibility changes (idk what you do with Infiltration) until what is and isn’t WAI is figured out and clearly communicated to the players.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, dtj714 said:

Please revert the Stealth/Invisibility changes (idk what you do with Infiltration) until what is and isn’t WAI is figured out and clearly communicated to the players.

Please no. I have already respecced and slotted Infiltrate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

This is a big no for me. 

@Bopper already hinted that there could be at least one major exploit with its current effects. So it’s more than just the fact that the implementation has been acknowledged as being broken. Sorry if it would be inconvenient for those who took Infiltration, but it’s equal and opposite for those who didn’t and just want an effective invis power (which, based on what was disclosed prior to the changes going live, was reasonable to expect is what we were going to get).  

• Thanks 1

So I am confused. 

Some of my characters use the leadership pool and had stealth, invisible. When I use my ow. leadership power toggles or with friends that have leadership pool, will it suppress my stealth all the time. I don’t want to take stealth if leadership cancels it out. 😞

4 minutes ago, Spectre7878 said:

So I am confused. 

Some of my characters use the leadership pool and had stealth, invisible. When I use my ow. leadership power toggles or with friends that have leadership pool, will it suppress my stealth all the time. I don’t want to take stealth if leadership cancels it out. 😞

Since the power is no longer OAS, affecting a teammate with a Leadership toggle will trigger the “help other” condition and suppress it. So yes, if you want to ensure you stay invis, you now need to turn off all your Leadership or other toggles that may affect others. 

• City Council
8 minutes ago, Spectre7878 said:

So I am confused. 

This is being changed - the stealth will remain fully active unless you attack or are attacked, but the defence will still suppress if you are aiding an ally (which includes Leadership).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

9 minutes ago, dtj714 said:

@Bopper already hinted that there could be at least one major exploit with its current effects. So it’s more than just the fact that the implementation has been acknowledged as being broken. Sorry if it would be inconvenient for those who took Infiltration, but it’s equal and opposite for those who didn’t and just want an effective invis power (which, based on what was disclosed prior to the changes going live, was reasonable to expect is what we were going to get).  

The bugs will be addressed. There is no comparison necessary. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• City Council

2 minutes ago, dtj714 said:

Since the power is no longer OAS, affecting a teammate with a Leadership toggle will trigger the “help other” condition and suppress it. So yes, if you want to ensure you stay invis, you now need to turn off all your Leadership or other toggles that may affect others. 

While that is what it is currently doing on Live, that is not working as intended and will be addressed on the next patch.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dtj714 said:

To be clear, it only would have reduced your stealth, not removed your stealth. Your 55 ft stealth would have been reduced to 36 ft if your leadership toggle hit an ally (or any helpOther event). As for defense, it would also suppress, but you still keep the in combat defense that never suppresses. So something like 7% down to 1.75%. 

One could argue, perhaps the 7% should only reduce to 3.5% when helping other, then the 3.5% reduces to 1.75% if you get hit or attack. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

This is being changed - the stealth will remain fully active unless you attack or are attacked, but the defence will still suppress if you are aiding an ally (which includes Leadership).

3 hours ago, Faultline said:

While that is what it is currently doing on Live, that is not working as intended and will be addressed on the next patch.

These two things seem contradictory to me.  Talk amongst yourselves and get back to us. 

Once you change or address it, will leadership toggles: 1) suppress stealth when solo? 2) suppress defense when solo?  3) suppress stealth when teamed or have active pet? 4) suppress defense when teamed or have active pet?

I don't know how you guys want it to work, but it seems to me if I am chilling with my friends all stealthy and chatting but not attacking critters or players that we should not suddenly lose stealth or defense.  I don't think that we should lose stealth or defense for any self or ally buff whether active or passive.  I think that we should be able to run up to an AV, buff the team to high heaven, and then attack said AV without losing stealth or defense until the attacking starts, unless the AV or his nearby friends have perception bonuses greater than our stealth.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

These two things seem contradictory to me.  Talk amongst yourselves and get back to us. 

Once you change or address it, will leadership toggles: 1) suppress stealth when solo? 2) suppress defense when teamed or have active pet?  3) suppress stealth when teamed or have active pet? 4) suppress defense when teamed or have active pet?

I don't know how you guys want it to work, but it seems to me if I am chilling with my friends all stealthy and chatting but not attacking critters or players that we should not suddenly lose stealth or defense.  I don't think that we should lose stealth or defense for any self or ally buff whether active or passive.  I think that we should be able to run up to an AV, buff the team to high heaven, and then attack said AV without losing stealth or defense until the attacking starts, unless the AV or his nearby friends have perception bonuses greater than our stealth.

I think the big issue is how do they balance removing the only affecting self, with the additional defense and stealth that Invisibility gave you (before, when you had it toggled, your leadership toggles didn't affect anyone but you, and now the leadership toggles work with Stealth toggled on.)

From a 'Does it work like it did before?' perspective, the answer is Yes, kinda. Because Invis suppressed when you were attacked, but you couldn't affect anything else (so it didn't really suppress when you attacked, you just couldn't attack)

• City Council
1 minute ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Once you change or address it, will leadership toggles: 1) suppress stealth when solo? 2) suppress defense when teamed or have active pet?  3) suppress stealth when teamed or have active pet? 4) suppress defense when teamed or have active pet?

They aren't contradicting each other. The stealth will not suppress when buffing allies, but the defence will.

To answer your questions:

1. Leadership will never suppress the stealth component
  2. Leadership will suppress the out-of-combat defence component if it hits an allied entity
  3. Leadership will never suppress the stealth component
  4. Leadership will suppress the out-of-combat defence component if it hits an allied entity (is this the same as Q2 or am I misunderstanding?)

Invisibility's defence component was previously tied to OAS, meaning you couldn't aid your allies at all (including with Leadership), nor could you engage in combat at all (unless you got hit and Invisibility was completely suppressed). If you do anything that involves affecting another entity (ie: something that you couldn't do with Invisibility before), your defence drops to the level Stealth used to give you.

• Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Only gotten to toy with *some* of the changes so far! Digging the full auto improvement. Aaand been going charrie to charrie fixing my info display after the absorb thing aaaand checking out flight buffs. Seems to be fine often VERY fine though urgh new hotkeys for Afterburner clicky! lol

Kudos fur shur!

Loving SS and especially Speed Phase. Curious if we could get Speed Phase with a Minimal FX option? The FX are pretty heavy and obvious even trying 'grey' tones. Would be cool for some concepts!

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 4/20/2021 at 9:46 PM, KingofMonkeys said:

Still haven't had a dev address as to why snipes had their fast cast range reduced from 150' to 80' midcombat. Completlely unnecessary change imo =/

Yeah, rendered the skill almost unusable at this point, esp with the exp Marksman pvp-set. Not going to be using this. 😕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

But Jimmy . . . thanks!

Yes, sorry distracted cut and pasting.  2) should be:  "suppress defense when solo?"  Edited in original above.

It doesn't suppress if your toggle doesn't affect an ally

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Jimmy did you guys change the aggro mechanics for Teleport Target? Previously you could TP mobs without drawing aggro from the other mobs around the target.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)