Vote: What do you want the new Stealth be called: Stealth or Invisibility?

Bopper

If you want your voice heard, here's your chance. Head over here and vote on what you want the Stealth power to be called going forward.

Quick backstory: in Page 2, Invisibility was replaced by Infiltration and the effects of Invisibility were merged into Stealth. So now having Stealth is like having both Stealth and Invisibility in one power. However, there is discussion on what the power should be called, so this is why the community is being asked for their input directly.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

SNUKA!!! 😛

Though if I had my way, I'd call it Invis-a-stealth....

Or just Superfly (for you Sir Snarky) lol...

Peace...

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

Stealth, to prevent it being confused with Superior Invisibility...

Now can we get Infiltration to have some of it's defense unsuppressed and not suppress its movement speed?

• Like 2

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

11 hours ago, Zepp said:

Stealth, to prevent it being confused with Superior Invisibility...

Now can we get Infiltration to have some of it's defense unsuppressed and not suppress its movement speed?

All travel powers suppress its speed when you attack. Infiltration is no exception 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

12 hours ago, Bopper said:

All travel powers suppress its speed when you attack. Infiltration is no exception 

With exceptions for Sprint, Hover, Combat Jumping, and Evasive Maneuvers. As such, having Infiltration unsuppressed would be in line with Evasive Maneuvers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zepp said:

With exceptions for Sprint, Hover, Combat Jumping, and Evasive Maneuvers. As such, having Infiltration unsuppressed would be in line with Evasive Maneuvers.

The 4 you mentioned are not classified as travel powers. They are movement powers, certainly, but it's not the same thing.. Infiltration is deemed a travel power, just like Super Speed, Speed of Sound, Super Jump, Mighty Leap, Fly, Mystic Flight, and the P2W powers (Ninja Run, Athletic Run, and Beast Run). 

5 minutes ago, Bopper said:

The 4 you mentioned are not classified as travel powers. They are movement powers, certainly, but it's not the same thing.. Infiltration is deemed a travel power, just like Super Speed, Speed of Sound, Super Jump, Mighty Leap, Fly, Mystic Flight, and the P2W powers (Ninja Run, Athletic Run, and Beast Run). 

So would it be more acceptable to you if I restated my argument as:  Infiltration should not be classified as a travel power, and thus not be subject to travel power combat suppression?

4 minutes ago, Zepp said:

So would it be more acceptable to you if I restated my argument as:  Infiltration should not be classified as a travel power, and thus not be subject to travel power combat suppression?

You could make that argument, but it will be a hard argument to make as there is already a precedence set. Infiltration is a carbon copy of the P2W travel powers (i.e. Ninja Run) and those have always been deemed as travel powers and have suppressed 100% of their speed when you attack.

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

You could make that argument, but it will be a hard argument to make as there is already a precedence set. Infiltration is a carbon copy of the P2W travel powers (i.e. Ninja Run) and those have always been deemed as travel powers and have suppressed 100% of their speed when you attack.

I would disagree that it is a "carbon copy" - although I think the case could be made that ninja run, etc, could be re-examined as well.

There are 2-3 key differences:

1. It requires a power Pick
  2. It has a combat-related elements (stealth & defense)

6 minutes ago, Zepp said:

I would disagree that it is a "carbon copy" - although I think the case could be made that ninja run, etc, could be re-examined as well.

There are 2-3 key differences:

1. It requires a power Pick
  2. It has a combat-related elements (stealth & defense)

It's semantics. Clearly in context from our conversation, I am only talking about the movement effects of the P2W travel powers were copied into Infiltration. The infiltration power obviously has other things going on, such as accepting enhancements, offers stealth and defense, and is a power pick (in terms of build cost).

Out of slotting a LoTG, Infiltration is "meh" unless you want it for theme.  Stealth has defense which doesn't suppress (half still exists, unlike Infilitration), and movement powers covers the movement benefits.

Infilitration is great for travel if you are minimalist naturalist, but if you already got stealth and CJ you got twice the benefits with better effects.

And someone is going to argue it works as intended, but I was expecting a bit more.  Yes, its an ok power but if you pick up stealth and CJ as I mentioned it just seems lackluster.  Half the effects of Infilitration suppressed, now you got a decent power without dipping into CJ or needing to run sprint.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

20 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Out of slotting a LoTG, Infiltration is "meh" unless you want it for theme.  Stealth has defense which doesn't suppress (half still exists, unlike Infilitration), and movement powers covers the movement benefits.

Infilitration is great for travel if you are minimalist naturalist, but if you already got stealth and CJ you got twice the benefits with better effects.

And someone is going to argue it works as intended, but I was expecting a bit more.  Yes, its an ok power but if you pick up stealth and CJ as I mentioned it just seems lackluster.  Half the effects of Infilitration suppressed, now you got a decent power without dipping into CJ or needing to run sprint.

Infiltration has Super Speed level stealth... but for movement it stacks with Sprint, and has jump speed (CJ has minimal jump speed bonus and about 29% the jump height modification of Infiltration).

The power is 25% Super Jump height, 55% Super Jump speed, 40% Super Speed speed, with the Super Speed stealth but no popup menu bonuses. I agree that it is underperforming, but not quite as underperforming as you stated.

We should just do away with travel suppression in the first place, except in pvp zones. This game, not having been made for pvp in the first place, has had entirely too many things changed for the benefit of a teeny-tiny portion of those who enjoy and seek out pvp. But I digress. 

Call it stealth. 

On 4/26/2021 at 1:46 PM, Ukase said:

We should just do away with travel suppression in the first place, except in pvp zones.

With the capability of NPC mobs, being controlled by the server, to react instantly and launch return fire as soon as you trigger aggro, I've never seen the point in PvE movement suppression except to get people used to it being part of PvP, where between network lag and human reaction times, jousting was a viable tactic. Movement suppression just reminds me of the way that Paragon Studios' statement went from "We won't make PvE changes for PvP reasons" to "We won't make PvE changes for purely PvP reasons" to "We'll try not to make PvE changes for PvP reasons", and then they stopped commenting about it.

And, yes, we might as well keep calling it Stealth.

• Like 1

Doublenaught Spy!

spacer.png

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291