Rant & Rave - Page 2 is out

Taboo

2 minutes ago, Lunchmoney said:

Link below where?

In his signature block. If you are on a mobile device, you will want to switch your browser to Desktop view. If you are on your computer, you might be split screening your webpage which could remove the sig-block, so maximize the browser window and see if that makes it viewable.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, Bopper said:

In his signature block.

Thank you.

I think some folk don't know, or forget, that signatures are not visible all the time.

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Is the lack of followup explaining how Blaster (Fast) Snipes got a buff (when they lost extra range) an indication that there really was no Buff and that such a claim was incorrect? I am open to seeing positives to this specific change, but I can't find any called out in the patch notes.

1 minute ago, America's Angel said:

Read my post, in its entirety, again.

Perhaps you should not have emphasized:

On 4/21/2021 at 4:53 PM, America's Angel said:

Okay so a few people have said Scrapper snipes are nerfed. So let me jump on this before the forum rumour mill does its usual thing of parroting objectively incorrect information. Snipes haven't been nerfed. The Mace and Mu snipes have been bugfixed, and ALL snipes (as well as all epic attacks) have been buffed.

Up to that point in the conversation, there were only two posts on Snipes... with my lament about Blaster (Fast) Snipes being the only specific one.

Perhaps you should take the level 50+5 enhancement out of jumping to conclusions, and reconsider the slotting in defensive posture before trying to contribute to the team discussion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Blasters were only unpopular to people that couldn't play it tactically.  Now they are so mundane if ever I feel like a mind numbing easy play day I jump on my tank or blaster, blaster is more fun though watching the wake of devastation it leaves, the tank is prettier and doesn't die. 

This is a “Rant and Rave” thread, so you’re fine.

When you speak of Blasters above, are you coming from either the SO or the IO’d to the Gills perspective?

Edited by Myrmidon

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

11 minutes ago, America's Angel said:

Do you genuinely still not understand my post or are you just trolling?

I genuinely do not understand why you make blanket statements that are untrue. Blaster Snipes were not buffed. You could have just as easily not included that incorrect statement.

• Like 1

I have waited a bit before I ranted or raved. My biggest rant is having to redisplay my combat attributes. I get why, that doesn't make it less annoying. I don't necessarily mind the visit to null to lose that speed phase thing. Seems so useless to me. I can think of a couple of occasions where it might be useful - certain sewer maps where you're trying to stealth and an npc blocks the path, those doorways in certain office maps. 

But the damn torches in CoT maps that stick out at an angle? I can zip through npc "flesh", but I can't zip through an inanimate object? I'm either intangible or I'm not. But...no idea how I'd stop myself from sinking into the map, or floating out of it. So, I have to give a pass on that argument. Can't have everything. 

I do like the new boosting method. Much faster/easier. Same with catalysts. 

Slotting 6 slots at ...level 40, I think it was...that was interesting. I was hoping it was 3 EXTRA slots, but no such luck. 

My biggest beef is the time sink this has created with respecs and/or having to go to test server to see what the fuss is about with double jump. None of my characters have SJ, simply because it wasn't as fast as SS. But if I can skip getting a jet pack...then just maybe. But I need to see how far it will jump first. More time spent trying things or making a respec instead of being productive in game. There are badges to be had. Influence to be gained from the market. Who has time for all these extra chores? 

And lastly, to make it a true ranting of a mad man, why must our HC devs take a game we all loved and alter it? Surely we can fix the problems before we make people respec yet again because we can't leave well enough alone. And yeah, I'm kidding. But only a little bit. I hate change. 

6 minutes ago, Ukase said:

And lastly, to make it a true ranting of a mad man, why must our HC devs take a game we all loved and alter it? Surely we can fix the problems before we make people respec yet again because we can't leave well enough alone. And yeah, I'm kidding. But only a little bit. I hate change. 

change falling out of a jar

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

In his signature block. If you are on a mobile device, you will want to switch your browser to Desktop view. If you are on your computer, you might be split screening your webpage which could remove the sig-block, so maximize the browser window and see if that makes it viewable.

Thanks for answering this. I always see sig blocks, desktop and mobile, so it didn't occur to me they could disappear. I will use more explicit links from now on.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

After over 20 Respecs just to change Mystic Flight to Fly, I have to say that a “Single Power Respec” option (if this is possible with the macaroni code) would be highly appreciated.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

2 hours ago, America's Angel said:

Do you genuinely still not understand my post or are you just trolling?

Come on.. just stop posting if can't be nice.

1 hour ago, America's Angel said:

Everyone else understood.

and no, not everyone understood.

image.thumb.png.0a097ef495fa76d473d4332fcfc766e1.png

..at that point, only one poster {me}, mentioned scrappers snipes. Tidge was specific about blaster snipes while Grinding was non-specific. You are stating we need to re-read and trolling.. a glance in the mirror might reveal who needs what. My first words were "Lots of amazesauce in page 2. LOTS. Plenty to like."

Edited by Taboo
  • Like 1

Just stop already. This is rants and ravs, not argue with people forum PvP style. So lame. To your question, most of the time I just think you're confused and leave it.

Edited by Taboo
  • Like 1

Must... resist.. pointing out... the irony of... "sniping" about snipes...

mustresistsnipes.jpg

Edited by Rathulfr
added meme
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

3 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

This is a “Rant and Rave” thread, so you’re fine.

When you speak of Blasters above, are you coming from either the SO or the IO’d to the Gills perspective?

Well I played them well enough back when it was just SOs and IOs took everything to the next level, since everything benefits from IOs I'll always be coming from the IO perspective. 

How many new players to the game are there really compared to those that should know about the system?  If someone chooses not to delve at least a little bit into the IO sphere that's on them, I enjoy the math so I like what we can do to apply our brains to our playstyles.  Plus the grind is so much less on these player run servers, back on live you really had to choose what you invested in, on these servers any new character I make I kit out with a good selection of IO sets by lvl 30+, so IOs aren't all that hard to build up once you get at least one character up to 50.  

I don't want to dumb the game down for someone that just shows up and plays for an hour a week and doesn't care to dig deeper into IOs, we all had to learn them at one time.  But I am happy to help fund someone new to the game's first character or chime into the help channel.

Ok, I have been reading this for a while now and I must say while the discourse has been interesting and informative, the real sniping here has sorta made me glad that I don't have snipe on a character yet; and its not because it has been changed. So might I make a humble suggestion please...? If anyone (including me) ever has a "sniping debate" about any subject, even here in Rant & Rave, might I suggest you message each other privately so no one is hit with stray shots from all the real blasting going on. And if you (we) can't do that, take a step back, pet your kitty, dog, penguin, whatever, take a deep breath and just... chill for a while. Before any Dev puts those involved in a penalty box or time out room.

It's ok to Rant & Rave; there's a lot of that going on in game too (so much so it makes me wonder if they forgot that CoH used to be GONE), but please, please just try to remember that tis the innocent civilians that sometimes gets blasted too in the crossfire of an exchange. And @America's Angel and @tidge, this is to you... you both made some good posts before and are very smart too. Do you think that sniping at each other evolved @Taboo ' s original post in a positive way, or detracted from it? Because from just standing here, I am not sure it has. Please be the best you can be, if not for yourselves, then for anyone new to CoH's entirely who might use your "discourse" as a reason not to play this great, awesome, game of ours that wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for these amazing Dev's and VOLENTIERS.

Just a thought... because remember, your sniping about a game that wouldn't even be here if not for them. We are all blessed here... please try to remember that and be the best you can be, and try and keep a balanced view on things about the game and in life... You'll get less grey hairs that way lol... 😁 Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go rest my weary body, as I got the Covid shot and am still feeling it... 

Peace...

• Like 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

30 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Ok, I have been reading this for a while now and I must say while the discourse has been interesting and informative, the real sniping here has sorta made me glad that I don't have snipe on a character yet; and its not because it has been changed. So might I make a humble suggestion please...? If anyone (including me) ever has a "sniping debate" about any subject, even here in Rant & Rave, might I suggest you message each other privately so no one is hit with stray shots from all the real blasting going on. And if you (we) can't do that, take a step back, pet your kitty, dog, penguin, whatever, take a deep breath and just... chill for a while. Before any Dev puts those involved in a penalty box or time out room.

It's ok to Rant & Rave; there's a lot of that going on in game too (so much so it makes me wonder if they forgot that CoH used to be GONE), but please, please just try to remember that tis the innocent civilians that sometimes gets blasted too in the crossfire of an exchange. And @America's Angel and @tidge, this is to you... you both made some good posts before and are very smart too. Do you think that sniping at each other evolved @Taboo ' s original post in a positive way, or detracted from it? Because from just standing here, I am not sure it has. Please be the best you can be, if not for yourselves, then for anyone new to CoH's entirely who might use your "discourse" as a reason not to play this great, awesome, game of ours that wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for these amazing Dev's and VOLENTIERS.

Just a thought... because remember, your sniping about a game that wouldn't even be here if not for them. We are all blessed here... please try to remember that and be the best you can be, and try and keep a balanced view on things about the game and in life... You'll get less grey hairs that way lol... 😁 Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go rest my weary body, as I got the Covid shot and am still feeling it... 

Peace...

Maybe I'm from a different era but I enjoy banter in whatever form it takes.  Sure it can go a bit too far but if you're going to call someone a "troll" for pointing out your flawed statements then it seems fair game that @tidge gets to respond in kind if they so choose.  Nothing's been ratcheted up to the point where we need to tell them to go to their naughty corners.  But I'm not saying you can't post this diatribe as I support your right to full communication as well.  

Edit: 

You should give a character with a snipe a whirl it is a fun power to use, but I do agree it's much less fun reducing the range on it since you were likely just blasting a runner and it was great to be like "Oh where do you think you are going?!". 

Edited by Mezmera