Widow's Mask Presence vs. new Invisibility

detour

Okay.  So Issue 27, part deux is out, and Stealth & Invisibility are now one power.  I may be late to this party, but I've just made my first Widow: 
Since you can now attack with Invisible on, and you don't have to buy Stealth to get to Invisible (thus only using one power choice now instead of two), is this the way to go vs. buying Mask Presence for a Widow, since the former is a stronger power?  

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. 

Cheers. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, detour said:

Okay.  So Issue 27, part deux is out, and Stealth & Invisibility are now one power.  I may be late to this party, but I've just made my first Widow: 
Since you can now attack with Invisible on, and you don't have to buy Stealth to get to Invisible (thus only using one power choice now instead of two), is this the way to go vs. buying Mask Presence for a Widow, since the former is a stronger power?  

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. 

Cheers. 

You won't be able to crit with widow melee powers like you can using mask presence. Endurance cost is also a bit higher. If you were going pure ranged fortunata I guess there's a decent case for it though.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, expeditor said:

You won't be able to crit with widow melee powers like you can using mask presence. Endurance cost is also a bit higher. If you were going pure ranged fortunata I guess there's a decent case for it though.

Thanks for the quick reply!  I guess I was under the impressing that I could crit if I was hidden by ANY power, not just my own.  

4 hours ago, detour said:

Thanks for the quick reply!  I guess I was under the impressing that I could crit if I was hidden by ANY power, not just my own.  

I don't think the Concealment pool needs any further buffs (all Widow buffs accepted!), but it would be more awesome for me if the Presence pool's Pacify worked like Placate to allow the crits.

BTW, is that Modesty Blaise as your avatar? Zatanna?

1 minute ago, tidge said:

I don't think the Concealment pool needs any further buffs (all Widow buffs accepted!), but it would be more awesome for me if the Presence pool's Pacify worked like Placate to allow the crits.

BTW, is that Modesty Blaise as your avatar? Zatanna?

It's wonder woman, during her Emma Peel phase in the early 1970s.  My main is a homage. 

justice league 101 cover.jpg

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tidge said:

(all Widow buffs accepted!)

My one wish is the ability to crit at range, just because crits on psi wail would be absurd.

That and the ability to edit my knifehands into the energy melee blobs. I like the blobs.

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

2 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

My one wish is the ability to crit at range, just because crits on psi wail would be absurd.

That and the ability to edit my knifehands into the energy melee blobs. I like the blobs.

Ooo... I like. I have always had the opinion that we couldn't color the green stabby effect so that it couldn't look like blood, but some energy pom-poms or fisty-electic-crackle would be spiffy.