Please, please FIX the Fade flicker bug

AxerJ

I love my Ill/Dark controller and I LOVE Fade from Darkness Affinity -- but I can't really enjoy it because this flickering vfx bug has been in game for sooooooo long. Please, please fix it -- it's a great buff with such a unique, awesome vfx, but it's not fun using it when everyone starts flickering like a broken lightbulb. Please, could you hotfix this?

• Like 2

Yep, been asking for this forever and I avoid the entire powerset due to this.  I myself might even be willing to put up with it, but I'm also forcing this on everyone I team with and that doesn't sit right with me.  Even beyond the flickering bug, a lot of people also don't like their character and costume being turned into invisible wraiths against their will.  One of those graphic effects I always wonder what the heck the original devs were thinking.

Another option would just be to give us a minFX option for it.

Edited by Riverdusk

I must say I actually love the wraith concept, and I have little compunction shadow-izing my teammates >=) But my character is much more of a villain. A minfx option would be great for the heroes. But the flickering... it drives us mad...

Edited by AxerJ

Heh, I started a topic about this a couple of days ago.  I had no idea that it was a bug, but I agree that it needs to go.  The flickering from Fade legitimately gave me a headache.

I pinged a couple of developers in that thread.  Let's see what happens!

• Like 1