Slotting attuned purple enhancements before 50?

BLVD

Right now, there's no reason to buy attuned VR enhancements aside from your enhancement UI looking aesthetically pleasing. They're attuned by default and when catalyzed, you can't add boosters to them. I think there should be some kind of value to them.

My suggestion would be to allow players to slot the attuned versions of VR enhancements before 50 (maybe min level 22). I don't think this would facilitate power creep as most of the time you're on a TF, you'll have some exemplared teammates that have purple enhancements. If anything, I think this would encourage players to level up their toons with normal content rather than PL'ing them to 50.

• Like 1

Not sure if you know this, but the AH displays IOs for sale in whatever category you're looking at them, regardless of how they were posted for sale.

So it's not that people are selling attuned purples, they are probably standard level 50 crafted purples, but if you're looking in the Attuned section, that's what you'll see. If you look in the Crafted section you'll see the unattuned ones that you can boost.

I agree there's no point in adding Catalysts to them because you keep the bonus while exemp'd anyway. Maybe they should be flagged as not attunable.

As far as slotting them earlier, like Winter or AT IOs, I don't really care. It would make build planning & implementation easier if I could slot the final build as I go, but making people waste inf to prevent inflation is a big part of game strategy.

Not super opposed to it.  Most people who are going to buy the Purple sets in enough bulk to think about twinking characters are going to spend FAR more time at lvl 50 than in the levelling phase.  Not much difference in them rushing to 50 and then slotting them vs slotting them earlier as they do task forces / radios.

I don't think it's needed. But I don't see it as changing much either. 

1 hour ago, Steampunkette said:

There is nothing that you can ever do to encourage people not to farm up incredible amounts of Inf or to PL characters up to 50.

It's too simple and attractive for people to be like "Mmm... No. No. I can use Purples at 22, now, so I don't need to be 50!"

I think the main difference, for me at least, would be that I wouldn't PL my characters anymore and would just use farming for inf. It would be a lot more fun to put together the final version of my build as I level up. 

I figure since the attuned VR's automatically get put onto the market, we might as well add some kind of value to them.