Personal Force Field

Wavicle

If PFF was NOT OAS but instead Suppressed when attacking, similar to Stealth or Evasive Maneuvers (once the bugs get worked out), then it could be made into a Click power, with short recharge and long duration. Still perma out of the box, perhaps with slightly different stats, maybe when the Defense goes away the Resistance remains or maybe a small portion of both remain.

If PFF is "suppressed when attacking" and not OAS, then you cant gain any benefit from it after attacking and needing to use it reactively. 

Unsigned. Honestly theres so many force field threads and the powerset is such a hot mess that would require some major adjustments to actually make it viable in comparison to other power sets that actually do more than 1 thing. Minor adjustments like this are just going to leave FF in the same place it was before. When FF actually gets a pass (if) it will be interesting to see the direction the developers take.

• Like 1

Currently on fire.

26 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

If PFF is "suppressed when attacking" and not OAS, then you cant gain any benefit from it after attacking and needing to use it reactively. 

Unsigned. Honestly theres so many force field threads and the powerset is such a hot mess that would require some major adjustments to actually make it viable in comparison to other power sets that actually do more than 1 thing. Minor adjustments like this are just going to leave FF in the same place it was before. When FF actually gets a pass (if) it will be interesting to see the direction the developers take.

I know, I thought of that, read my followups.

But I agree with you, it needs a wholesale rework.

• Like 1