Mobs being KU'd into ceiling instead of KB'd

Horatio

Using Energy Blast/Energy Manipulation Blaster on Everlasting at low levels (15 to 18) ANY energy power that normally does KB in either Power Set is doing KU about 50% of the time.  There are no KB enhancers in any of the powers except a Prestige Enhancement which does KB.  The mobs being fought are mostly at level, some below level and some above level and all have the KU issue.   This is a big problem in building with normal ceilings where the KU puts the mob into the ceiling and is untargetable most of the time.  The mobs can still attack me or objectives like artifacts.  This issue just started after the new patch was applied and did not do KU before on any mob using any Energy Power set. 

Horatio

15 level 50s and counting

KB is pretty strong.

Do you have any screenies or additional specifics. When I get home I'll see if I can confirm this on live.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

22 minutes ago, Horatio said:

Energy Blast/Energy Manipulation 

ANY energy power that normally does KB in either Power Set is doing KU about 50% of the time. 

There are no KB enhancers in any of the powers except a Prestige Enhancement which does KB.

KB is multiple against lower level (KD/KU  can turn to KB against -2)  and perhaps the proc  is stacking at the time it goes off.  If the majority of the time it's lower level or the one power with the proc, it could be the issue.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Mission: Several

(Probably not germane, but for reference.)

I started playing this character again, after the patch. 

One of my attacks (Scrapper/Street Justice/Crushing Uppercut) has enough "Knockup" that I can reliably bounce targets off the ceiling. With some frequency, targets will "stick" to the ceiling. 

Most Nemesis bad guys stuck in the ceiling stand up, shift a bit, and fall back to the floor. The Tirailleurs will stand up and stay in the ceiling. I'm going to guess they don't do that "shift a bit" because they don't normally move, and that movement is the bit that triggers the "am I in the ceiling?" code.(Just guessing, though.)

My Psi melee using mass telekinesis levitate is seeing this a lot with all sorts of enemies. Ending up with half a spawn stuck in the ceiling at times and I have to keep hitting them with it to get them back out while they shoot me.

This was not happening before the patch, it's pretty obvious with mass telekinesis on any low-ish ceiling map.

Edited by EmergentRain

I think the fact that Mass Levitate (I assume @EmergentRain meant Mass Levitate) is doing this hints that there's something more than unusual knock-up going on, since that power is straight knockup.

I played around and could not especially vector foes up with my lowbie Energy/Cold Corr, but even if there is a new thing going on there, I think the real key is that stuff is getting stuck in ceilings more easily. If we can find and fix that, maybe we don't need to worry about whether KB is popping stuff more vertically than in the past - we'll have to see. But the fact that pure knockup is causing ceiling embeds reliably is a sure sign that something new is up.

So, I noticed that KB from my robots (bot/traps) or my pulse rifle has been causing MUCH more geometry breakage than before the patch. Especially in warehouse maps, mobs are definitely getting stuck in the ceiling/walls more often.

Did they do something with the map server?

Crushing uppercut has always consistently bounced mobs off the ceiling in corridors and such.  Having them stick in the ceiling regularly would certainly be new (and humorous), though. 

I'm on the fence about this development.  Kinda cool, but kinda OP'ed, too, m'kay.  Better nerf this overstronk buff, pleeze.  😁😛

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm getting all kinds of mobs stuck in the ceiling with KU powers from melee sets.  This is definitely post patch.

That's figgin' epic!  Like rocket-jumping, it might be worth keeping around

3 hours ago, RobotLove said:

Was also noticing enemies getting stuck in the roof with [Mind Control: Levitate]. Visually looked like enemies may be 'standing up' too quickly after being knocked, and interrupting the normal rag doll period.

Yep, agreed.

It's only cool to see them stuck in ceiling when they are not part of mission objective.  Mobs guarding hostages in ceiling is bad.  Mobs guarding destroyable objects is bad (as they attack the object when you leave destroying one of your objectives)

Horatio

15 level 50s and counting

2 hours ago, Horatio said:

Mobs guarding destroyable objects is bad (as they attack the object when you leave destroying one of your objectives)

There's one mission -- I forget off the top of my head which arc it belongs to -- where you have to 'rescue' three artifacts and protect any one of them (from ambushes that show up once you defeat the initial mobs around them). The problem with the mission is that it is always in a more or less linear warehouse map, and the ambushes start at the door -- so you clear the first artifact, defend it against the ambushes, then go deeper to the second one, and the ambushers stop to destroy the first artifact (repeat for the third). It would be better if the artifacts disappeared when you have successfully defended them, but I don't know if the mission coding can handle that.