RE: Recipe drop rate?

JasperStone

Just curious.

I have recently taken a few characters 1- 50 and the recipe drop were tremendously varied.

One had two in course of lvling. 1-50 ...two recipes

Another character had recipes galore!!!! I mean show me the money!

Both had a mix of teaming, TFs, farms etc. for leveling.

/e poofgone

The drop rate is higher for LT+ than it is for minions, and IIRC the rewards are 'split' among teams. This is just my experience: when I level up a character I typically am not facing large spawns, so the chance of rewards is reduced because of smaller spawn sizes with fewer LT+. Depending on the AT and my choice of offensive slotting (and investment) by the mid-40s I can usually turn up the spawn size to increase the net chance to earn drops.

By level 50 most of my characters can handle x8 spawns solo, even while exemplaring down. The lower limit on effective x8 exemplar missions is character-specific and depends mostly on having access to offensive powers (to defeat the large spawns) and defensive powers (to avoid getting ground to dust by large spawns).

16 minutes ago, tidge said:

The drop rate is higher for LT+ than it is for minions, and IIRC the rewards are 'split' among teams.

I've always thought that drop rates should have a bonus in teams like inf does so you don't miss out on lots of loot when teaming. As you say you get massively more stuff if you solo set to as many mobs as you can handle. There is no difference in drop probability between a -1 or a +4 either so as soon as any toon of mine has any kind of aoe they move to something like -1×3 and go from there.

Most of my characters level on a steady diet of TFs.  This means that they will normally have a fairly large stock of yellow and orange recipes on hand that they got in the levelling process.  Mission completion bonuses often net a recipe, and most TFs have many small missions in sequence.  The biggest bottleneck for me is finding the low level salvage to craft them.  I prize low level recipes because they convert to sets like Kinetic Combat and Basilisk Gaze that are mainstays of my builds, and because they can be slotted before level 47. 

If you level in AE farms your mileage may vary consistently.  The typical AE farm is a large map that you spend a fairly long time clearing, which means you are completing fewer missions, so even if AE awards you a recipe on completion you won't get that many.  I don't know much about bonuses from radios/papers since I seldom do those. 

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

15 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

If you level in AE farms your mileage may vary consistently

Probably around 30 recipes and full salvage for 5 Briggs maps, pretty much average.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer