Pick a Dom

rizlazz

1 hour ago, Sovereigne said:

I guess I could have clarified this better but I meant it only outdamages the other blasts. My Mids has Propel at 129.4 DPA (which is then doubled by Impact) vs. Power Burst's 137.4.

Just logged onto my Grav/Nrg dom.  I made a 2nd build so all of my powers were empty.  Fighting a lvl 49 Warwolf Lieutenant here's the numbers from the 4 powers once he was held to be fair to Propel.  No using buffs or inspirations, all even playing field

2s animation

You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Propel for 74.7 points of Smashing damage.
You knock Eclipse Nightwolf Champion off their feet with your Propel!
You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Propel for 18.67     (THIS IS YOUR IMPACT)

2.53s animation

You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Total Focus for 65.37 points of Smashing damage.
You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Total Focus for 113.15 points of Energy damage.

1.67s animation

You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Power Burst for 29.72 points of Smashing damage.
You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Power Burst for 80.03 points of Energy damage.
You knock Eclipse Nightwolf Champion off their feet with your Power Burst!
You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Power Burst for 82.14 points of Energy damage.   (ENERGY RELEASE)

1.33s animation (fast snipe) 

You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Sniper Blast for 40.7 points of Smashing damage.
You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Sniper Blast for 70.45 points of Energy damage.

Looks like Propel is quite a bit lower and these powers are unenhanced which would only amplify how much better the assault attacks are.  

You want to bring it to dpa propel has a 2s animation to burst 1.67s and snipe at 1.33s only total focus is more at 2.5s, I'd still take total focus' damage for the bit more animation.

To further pick on Propel I went back and checked it against Bone Smasher and Power Blast against a lvl 51 Lt Wolf

2s animation 

You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Propel for 67.3 points of Smashing damage.
You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Propel for 16.82 points of Smashing damage [IMPACT!].

1.5s animation

You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Bone Smasher for 29.75 points of Smashing damage.
You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Bone Smasher for 51.49 points of Energy damage.

1.67s animation

You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Power Blast for 16.82 points of Smashing damage.
You hit Eclipse Nightwolf Champion with your Power Blast for 58.23 points of Energy damage.

Point being don't rely on ANY damage from your control when that is 5 attacks at least better in Energy Assault even just based on dpa they're waaaaayyy better than Propel.  Yes Propel may be better than the t1 blasts and throwing a shoe but that's about it.  

Edited by Mezmera

• 2 weeks later

I think from my brand new experience with Earth control that it really gives you so much control that I have zero problems playing without domination active.  I honestly don't even really notice a difference when I click domination.  With Earthquake and Volcanic gasses the mobs are flopping up and down and chocking the whole time.  I don't take stone cages because I just don't see the point, or the need for it.  I don't take salt crystals either, but most people don't take that.

• 10 months later
On 5/2/2021 at 8:04 AM, balor said:

Why /Energy?

I have a Dark/Psi and loving that as easily my favorite so far.  I have a lvl 10 Fire/Earth but no idea if I will be able to level it without going insane on the END issues.  I can see the possible wow factor at the end.  I also have a Planet/Thorn for the theme around 30 that is fun ish.

Edit:  Ok so energy is knockback like gravity.  Also picked up sorcery on the Grav/Eng Dom.    

Do you have the build for your Dark/Psi you could kindly want to share? I just got mine to 50 and need some guidance on what slots to take and I/O to fill. Is it PermaDom by chance and would like to see also what your pool power is - Thanks