Homecoming's 2nd Anniversary - Echo Plaza, Festivities & The Future

Jimmy

On 4/27/2021 at 2:14 PM, Jimmy said:

Anniversary Costume Contest

Speaking of events, we will be hosting an Anniversary Costume Contest on the 15th of May. It'll take place at 9pm UTC (click for your timezone) in Echo Plaza on all five shards. There's no specific theme this time - bring your best overall costume!

There's huge prize pool available, including a total of 50,000 Reward Merits and 100 Super Packs:

• The overall winner will receive:
    • 10,000 Reward Merits
    • 20 Heroes vs. Villains Super Packs
    • A permanent golden title and the Fashion Victim badge
  • The winner on each shard will receive:
    • 5,000 Reward Merits
    • 5 Heroes vs. Villains Super Packs
  • And the four runners up on each shard will receive:
    • 1,000 Reward Merits
    • 3 Heroes vs. Villains Super Packs

Be sure to stick around after the contest ends... you may get to make use of that new hospital!

I am just curious about if there are points deducted (or just silently knocked out of contention) if say a name or costume theme is a little too...spicy.  I am not talking about TOS breaking bad, but more PG-16 then say PG.  I have a few contenders I am debating on entering and this will help me narrow down my options.

30 minutes ago, Tacheyon said:

I am just curious about if there are points deducted (or just silently knocked out of contention) if say a name or costume theme is a little too...spicy.  I am not talking about TOS breaking bad, but more PG-16 then say PG.  I have a few contenders I am debating on entering and this will help me narrow down my options.

Everything in the costume creator is there for a reason. And the game has built in censorship if folks want that. There are things that HC doesn't want players to do, so I recommend checking out the Code of Conduct. If your idea is within those guidelines, you should be fine. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• Retired Developer
On 5/6/2021 at 8:37 PM, Heatstroke said:

Im just hoping for Dominators to get more powersets as they have the LEAST amount of combos in the game and for Sentinels to get.. something.. especially the Ice Armor secondary for Sentinels. 

I too feel the pain of the combinations available to dominators. I sometimes end up attracting a lot of attention when I say that, though; because I have absolutely no good ideas right now.

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I would say that attempting to skirt the Code of Conduct would not be beneficial for your chances of winning 🙂

Well my character does wear a leather skirt.  And uses a whip.  And is a Lady with a particular set of skills.:classic_blush:  So I think I'll just leave her off to the side.

Maybe I'll go with a homage to Pinhead! 😁

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Piecemeal said:

I too feel the pain of the combinations available to dominators. I sometimes end up attracting a lot of attention when I say that, though; because I have absolutely no good ideas right now.

...I'll just put this here. 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Piecemeal if you ever get chance, theres plenty of plausible powerset ideas put forward by myself and the community in the Eco-Friendly Powerset Recycling thread!

It's popped up a few times in Weekly Discussions, back when they were a regular thing, and has been an ongoing thread for over a year and a half!

(Earth Blast was actually one of the powersets that kicked things off 😅 )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2021 at 11:39 PM, Piecemeal said:

I had some ideas on how illusion might be adapted to dominators 😬

Edited by Arcadio

I've had to give up partaking on the larger CC's, as its impossible to even move past the first round, let alone an honorable mention or winning, so I've entirely given up on that front.

Some love for Mercs and Sentinels would be awesome, and enabling some devastated Praetorian landscape maps to create apocalyptic story arcs would also be awesome.

On 4/27/2021 at 9:14 PM, Jimmy said:

Invasion!

As you may have already noticed, the Rikti are invading once again!

They'll be here for a couple of weeks, and will disappear during server maintenance on Tuesday the 11th of May.

Given that they didn't stop on 11 May, do we have a new date when the frequent Rikti invasions will end?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
  • 2 months later
5 hours ago, GM Conviction said:

One word?

Soon™️

I can just see it now:

Poster:   What will be in it?  I'll even take 1/2 page....a paragraph! A Sentence!  Give me a word....just a word!

GM:   One Word?

Stuff TM

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Cipher unpinned this topic
  • Widower locked this topic