Permanent Rikti Invasion at RWZ

MsSmart

Hi:

I had suggested in another thread to have the Rickti Invasion year round in a schedule similar to GMs in selected locations...

Upon thinking this a bit more, why not have the Rikti continuously invade RWZ (well they already did or are in the process), it would make the zone more dynamic, and more immersive. The zone already has a cruiser patrolling, so it can be made to carpet bomb along it's path and thus, make it possible for players to acquire the destroy 25 unexploded bombs badge. The entire zone is "invaded" already or strongly contested so killing mobs there counts towards the 100 Rikti killed badge, and lastly the 10 heavies needed for the badge, can be already found around the crashed ship thus making the badge accessible as well.

Sue

• Like 1

Maybe if it was confined to the northern end of the zone.   The southern part is already used for mission arcs, and a constant invasion would make life very painful for lowbie players working on those arcs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MsSmart said:

Upon thinking this a bit more, why not have the Rikti continuously invade RWZ

...so we can jack over the people running zone MSRs. Yes, the instanced MSR exists, but essentially destroying the zone MSR as a thing jerks over everyone who currently joins a zone MSR with a character below level 35 (and whether such characters should be 'allowed' in MSRs has already been thrashed out in another thread, so let's skip rehashing that argument here). There is already a trigger for a Rikti invasion -- completing an LGTF  -- so setting up a continuous 'invasion' in the RWZ can be considered redundant. Additionally, the mobs in the north end of the RWZ go up to 54, and if you're establishing part of the zone as a continuous invasion, then you'd need to either put everything spawning in that part of the zone under the invasion code, making everything even-level (making them useless for people who want the challenge of +4 mobs for street sweeping), or leave the spawns as they are and make the 'continuous invasion' effectively closed off to characters below level 50.

• Like 2

Just a simple no, thanks. I could see that getting *really* annoying when actually trying to run the missions in the zone. (Or take part in events - taking a team there to trick or treat is fun. Under perma-invasion? No freaking thanks.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, srmalloy said:

There is already a trigger for a Rikti invasion -- completing an LGTF

Which isn't something you see happen much outside of "prime time" hours.  Hell, I just spent about five hours logged on over the past two days (during my hours, which are not prime time thanks to my work schedule) and still haven't gotten the badges from Rikti invasions with my favored toon right now (a Defender was just not made to punch out enough bombs on their own without some help I guess!). 

I can see the viewpoint against it so too though, sure, yet...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 4/28/2021 at 9:41 AM, srmalloy said:

...so we can jack over the people running zone MSRs.

lol.. how to go from zero to hulk smash angry in 2 seconds flat, a guide by srmalloy.

I mean zoiks! Disproportional response alert. 🤪

I am also a no, but I like the thought of open cooperative hazard zones. I would really like a competitive hazard zone with indirect pvp.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 5/2/2021 at 7:32 AM, Tiger Shadow said:

Change "Rikti War Zone" to "Echo: Rikti Crash Site" and you've got my vote.

+1

If a persistent, or at least incredibly frequent, Invasion event is something helpful/useful/desired, then having it in an Echo sort of makes sense.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

21 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

+1

If a persistent, or at least incredibly frequent, Invasion event is something helpful/useful/desired, then having it in an Echo sort of makes sense.

+1 

Put me in the Heck Yes and incredibly frequent camp.  (I just don't see continuous as there are stages where it is bombs then the invasion force.  It makes sense for me that there be a break to make waves of invasion.)