Toggle Changes

Ohsirus

Every time there is a new Issue or Patch Notes, I quickly scan them looking for something about Kheldians and Toggles. Been playing since Khelds were first launched and having to Re-Toggle Human Form powers is something to this day I don't understand why it hasn't been eliminated. I mean is it somehow going make Khelds OP'd and make the other ATs scream for a nerf? I don't think so. Is there some kind of technical limitation I am missing? It has to be the most basic QoL Kheld change requested. Glad that some of the power pools and other ATs are getting looked at/ reworked, but what would it take to finally put this issue to rest?

Yes it would be OP, even just to make the toggles auto-reactivate, let alone have carry-through effects. It’s the trade-off of forms. You go from human to something else then back to human and want to use your human powers, you have to activate them. Since you’ve been playing khelds since they were introduced, you know how far they’ve come already.

Just my .02 inf.

2 hours ago, dtj714 said:

Yes it would be OP, even just to make the toggles auto-reactivate, let alone have carry-through effects. It’s the trade-off of forms. You go from human to something else then back to human and want to use your human powers, you have to activate them. Since you’ve been playing khelds since they were introduced, you know how far they’ve come already.

Just my .02 inf.

Well the buffs all carry through the forms, It's mainly the shields/defensive powers that are a pain. Not saying the powers have to reactivate in forms, just eliminate the mad scramble from shifting forms and having to re-toggle everything.

14 minutes ago, Ohsirus said:

Well the buffs all carry through the forms, It's mainly the shields/defensive powers that are a pain. Not saying the powers have to reactivate in forms, just eliminate the mad scramble from shifting forms and having to re-toggle everything.

Upon further consideration, I realize your proposal is inherently contrary to the button-mashing SM mentality required of a tri-form kheld. You, sir, are a cad and a scoundrel! 🤣

• Haha 2

I'd imagine with all they've been doing with suppression rather than detoggling of late that the Kheld toggles could be made to just be suppressed by form changes. Would probably still leave leadership, fighting, etc to retoggle though.

I disagree, @Carnifax. I think Leadership and other pool powers should not be allowed to run while shifted. to me, the pool powers are human traits, which should only affect the human form (may just be my interpretation of the lore and such). the squid is devastating enough even without assault and tactics, while the lobster is tanky enough without maneuvers or tough + weave, for instance. making them active while in alien form would make give the PB an unfair advantage... and this is me from the pov of the PB. the squid has a nice trade off between blaster level damage in exchange for def/res, and the lobster vice versa. again, just my humble opinion and position. I do however would like the human toggles (whatever secondary and tertiary toggles were on at the time of the switch) to automatically turn back on when switched to human form. and if anyone has a macro or keybind to do that, I would greatly appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Six-Six said:

I disagree, @Carnifax. I think Leadership and other pool powers should not be allowed to run while shifted. to me, the pool powers are human traits, which should only affect the human form (may just be my interpretation of the lore and such). the squid is devastating enough even without assault and tactics, while the lobster is tanky enough without maneuvers or tough + weave, for instance. making them active while in alien form would make give the PB an unfair advantage... and this is me from the pov of the PB. the squid has a nice trade off between blaster level damage in exchange for def/res, and the lobster vice versa. again, just my humble opinion and position. I do however would like the human toggles (whatever secondary and tertiary toggles were on at the time of the switch) to automatically turn back on when switched to human form. and if anyone has a macro or keybind to do that, I would greatly appreciate it.

Fair enough. Personally I think Khelds are unfairly locked out of *some* Pool Powers and therefore Build Options if you decide to go multiform. Squids are great and all but not THAT great. Also there's a disconnect with how some pools work. I mean anything clickie (like Hasten or RoP) has no "form penalty" but toggles do. That's odd behaviour. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Fair enough. Personally I think Khelds are unfairly locked out of *some* Pool Powers and therefore Build Options if you decide to go multiform. Squids are great and all but not THAT great. Also there's a disconnect with how some pools work. I mean anything clickie (like Hasten or RoP) has no "form penalty" but toggles do. That's odd behaviour. 

And now you've sent me down the rabbit hole of wondering about Adrenal Booster on a Warshade. 33% uptime, 30% recharge, 50% +ToHit and 30% damage. 

Two "dead" powers to get to it (although on a WS the travel power isn't totally useless), but Khelds specialize in "dead power picks" anyway after level 38. 

23 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

And now you've sent me down the rabbit hole of wondering about Adrenal Booster on a Warshade. 33% uptime, 30% recharge, 50% +ToHit and 30% damage. 

Two "dead" powers to get to it (although on a WS the travel power isn't totally useless), but Khelds specialize in "dead power picks" anyway after level 38. 

I run adrenal booster on my WS as it helps me hit those 5 pets if needed. Another toggle issue I have is when you are in Nova Form and you wanna pop back into human for say hasten recharge, build-up, etc, you have to fall out the sky to try and buff back, would love to have hover queued up to stop the fall. 

3 minutes ago, Ohsirus said:

I run adrenal booster on my WS as it helps me hit those 5 pets if needed

Yep, it's interesting. Even the "dead power picks" will take the Chance for Absorb proc in Injection and a -KB in Speed of Sound. 

I'd need Moar Purples to make up for the loss of some LOTG mules but overall it looks like an interesting choice. I like interesting choices. 

5 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Yep, it's interesting. Even the "dead power picks" will take the Chance for Absorb proc in Injection and a -KB in Speed of Sound. 

I'd need Moar Purples to make up for the loss of some LOTG mules but overall it looks like an interesting choice. I like interesting choices. 

I have it only on my WS alternate Fire Farm Build.

• 2 months later

Anyone with a toggled build that doesn't use the 'auto fire' movement binds to retrigger them all as needed is... leaving XP on the table. 🙂

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

3 hours ago, Ohsirus said:

Example please.

It's a bit complex, but the basic method is to use a combination bind on W:

W "+forward$$powexectoggleon Instant Regeneration$$bindloadfilesilent wjack-B2.txt"

So when you hit W, you move forward as normal (and no, there's no delay or glitching), a power is toggled on, and a rolling bind file is loaded. The rolling file in this case contains:

W "+forward$$powexectoggleon Integration$$bindloadfilesilent wjack-B1.txt"

So W is now loaded with a different toggle-on command and ready to load the next rolling bind file. (In this case, there are only two; I have alts with 5 or 6.)

You do have to write a careful set of rolling bind files for each power in the chain, but once done, it works without further hassle, and any dropped toggles are switched back on within a few seconds of movement. In cases where you have all toggles dropped and need them back pronto, you just tap W several times quickly.

Full details in the Guide.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com