Wyvern and Legacy Chain Updates

Seeing as the Warriors and Freakshow/Vazhilok have/are getting revamps, I'd like to suggest that, if possible, Wyvern and the Legacy chain could be next on the list. Appearance wise, they're overall fine, but as some of the rare 'hero organizations against villains', it's tragic they vanish before level 30 and just stop being relevant than being able to pop up and oppose villains from 1-50.

My own proposals for some changes in addition to level range expansion would include:

• Legacy chain branches do not vanish over levels. So you'll encounter the legacy of the sword and legacy of light alongside the legacies of earth and fire.
  • Possible additional legacies could be added at higher levels such as The Legacy of Ice/water (we do have water blast now), Legacy of Wind/air/lightning (might be good if we get wind control), and Legacy of Shadows.
  • Another possible change could be for the Legacy of Steel to start carrying shields with 'grant cover' and phalanx fighting to work with the idea of them protecting the mages.
  • Wyvern might not need much besides powers that do more than just deal damage, and we have both Trick Archery and tactical arrow to draw from. Alongside this they could also pick up some stealth powers and even have some members use crossbows and add in some snipers.

A lot of my suggestions are mechanical upgrades as, I think aesthetically, they're mostly okay. If new elements of the Legacy Chain were to be added, there would be the challenge of designing a new helmet though that might be the only thing that'd need to change.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MTeague said:

I support anything that could help dilute the ridiculous amount of Longbow on the Isles.

Send the INF to my redsiders at...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:06 PM, MTeague said:

I support anything that could help dilute the ridiculous amount of Longbow on the Isles.

They're super cops sent to fight the ridiculous amount of super villains, it kind of tracks.  But oh lord does it get old too, I feel ya.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝