How I farmed the Doorbuster badge

jlk819

Doorbuster - Destroy 100 Force Field Doors, Magical Barriers or Reinforced doors

I wanted to get this out of the way and not wait for the right maps to present themselves. I was able to use the Tip / Alignment mission called "An Unstable Trigger" to get this done quick. The mission takes place in the council/5th column map that has the prison w/ 15 doors. You can run to the doors, then exit and reset.

There is a supergroup base object called the Mission Computer that allows you to create this mission for 1 reward merit. I believe you need to be level  40, and if you don't have an SG base, you can use one of the public bases. I'm on Torchbearer and the public base had the mission computer. 

Now, people kept telling me that I could do this badge in safeguard/mayhem missions, but other than the vault door, which is a totally different badge, I didn't see any doors I could break down.

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone. Happy badging!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FYI, the doors in mayhem and safeguard missions are in the police station.  I think you’d need to do the “break out” or “prevent the jailbreak” missions (or at least get the key) to get into the police station.

• Like 1

Lots of those doors in Council missions.

There is a room in the back of some of them with like 16 doors.

Moonfire and Hess both have at least one room like that. I think they are actually in more than one of those missions. Problem, of course, is having a team that wants to take time to destroy the doors.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

6 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Moonfire and Hess both have at least one room like that. I think they are actually in more than one of those missions. Problem, of course, is having a team that wants to take time to destroy the doors.

You could choose to solo them up to those points and restart after, assuming it's not that much of a headache to do so.

9 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Anyone remember this arc?

I remember it, but I can't remember the name of it.

One of the Circle of Thorn missions has a big cavern with a bunch of magical prison rooms in it. I can't remember the name of that one either. 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 5/5/2021 at 12:15 AM, Zhym said:

FYI, the doors in mayhem and safeguard missions are in the police station.  I think you’d need to do the “break out” or “prevent the jailbreak” missions (or at least get the key) to get into the police station.

I would also suggest this method. You have to do quite a few safeguard and mayhem missions for all the necessary badges. Just make a stop by the police station each run. In Mayhem missions you get a ally for a bit from one of the cells.

These missions are also a good way to work on the sapper badge. At least, with the PI map.

FWIW, I just verified that no key is necessary to break into the police station and bust down the doors (and get time credit for breaking out the villain!).  The police station only has 6 doors, so it's not that efficient for farming on its own.  But if you're running all the mayhem and safeguard missions for badges anyway, busting down the jail doors in each mission will get you Doorbuster too.

• Like 2

Pretty much what @Zhym said: while i was knocking out the REST of the mayhem badges, I always made sure to get the doors in the police station.

And yeah, on the occasional mission or TF with doors I'd ask if anyone wanted doorbuster progress and most folks were usually pretty helpful!

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
On 5/6/2021 at 6:14 PM, Peasblossom said:

You can farm the last mission (of 4) in the Atlas Park Aaron Thiery arc.  It's an Arachnos base with prison doors.

This would be my recommendation. It is a relatively low-level arc, so you may want some P2W attack powers depending on your build.

There is another fun/weird side effect of running this arc: the door to Perez Park is right there, so you can pop into Perez Park to collect some level-appropriate Hellions for both badges and (improved) drops/XP. Again, you will be at a lower level (if exemplared) but I've had a lot of fun challenging my characters in this way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later

Chink In The Armor (Black Scorpion, Ch. 2) CAN have, as its first mission, "Destroy Ghost Widow's Base", which is the Arachnos prison map.  Run on -1/1 and you'll have full incarnate powers to take these out.  Very fast way to get the badge.  If the wrong map spawns, quit the Ouro TF and restart.

Edited by CatAtomic
  • Like 1