Energy/Energy Main Looking for Build Feedback

Flat Line

11 hours ago, Flat Line said:

I’m currently running with 4 in my attack chain. (Snipe, Burst, Explosive Blast, Torrent). It doesn’t seem to proc nearly enough.

Force Feedback has a quite low proc rate, 2ppm, compared to the more standard 3.5ppm for damage procs / 4.5ppm for purple procs.   Also only lasts 5 seconds when triggered, so that limits how much you can stack it.  Since you've got your ST attacks with the FF proc slotted for recharge, this also drops proc rate in those. Per your slotting, looks like your power burst has a 30% chance of procing FF; snipe: 50%; and torrent 21% chance per target (so higher chance with more targets hit).   Looks like the numbers back up your observation - the proc not really making you a recharge machine. 

1 hour ago, nebber said:

Force Feedback has a quite low proc rate, 2ppm, compared to the more standard 3.5ppm for damage procs / 4.5ppm for purple procs.   Also only lasts 5 seconds when triggered, so that limits how much you can stack it.  Since you've got your ST attacks with the FF proc slotted for recharge, this also drops proc rate in those. Per your slotting, looks like your power burst has a 30% chance of procing FF; snipe: 50%; and torrent 21% chance per target (so higher chance with more targets hit).   Looks like the numbers back up your observation - the proc not really making you a recharge machine. 

Yeah...

it’s not terrible, put it’s not the glorious idea I hoped for.

Thanks for the numbers! It definitely helps to understand whats going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nebber said:

I played with spring attack on my rad/nrg blapper and found out there is a longstanding bug where it is not counting damage enh + dmg procs (see below), so I respeced out of it.  Did you know about this

No, I did not know about this. This is why I love reading these forums, there is always something new to learn. 

I wanted to do a respec anyway. It was mainly about shuffling around sets, but now I'll decrease the slotting in Spring attack to a recharche and a -res proc.

I will keep Spring Attack, because I don't really use it for the damage. I use it for the Gladiator res debuff, which procs, and as an alpha breaker (jumping into the crowd and knocking most of it down allows me to apply Nova without great risks).

Below is my respec project. Compared to the previous template I lose a couple % S/L res, but gain 5% global recharge, and a quite significant increase in damage and recharge for my main power: Nova.

I think I'll change the slotting of Spring Attack in my Shield/Elec stalker too.

Thank you very much for this information.

Cobalt Man v2.mxd