Filling in the Gaps: Missing Enemies

Take One

So the other day Faultline mentioned on Discord that they devs don't have a list of missing enemy groups or enemy critters that potentially could be added to the AE. After picking up my jaw, and now recovering for a couple of days, I decided to finally do something. So here's a thread where people can report enemy groups or critters that seem to be missing from the AE, so that Faultline can see if they can add them in. I will try to consolidate the reports in this post, so people don't have to read through it all to find out what has already been reported.

Groups

• Angry Citizens (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Angry_Citizens)
  • Axis American
    • The Reichsmann
  • Banished Pantheon
    • Mummified Husk (Underlings). Much like all underling rank enemies who are missing from the AE. The lack of these makes the BP very different and necessitates the creation of custom zombie mobs to make up for it, but custom zombies don't move like zombies and don't look right.
  • The Awakened (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/The_Awakened) are missing some critters:
    • Immanence

• Astral Mindstorm
    • Mindcrasher
    • Channeler
    • Astral Conduit
  • Black Knight (or The Black Knights?) (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/The_Black_Knights)
    • Black Queen
    • Lord Lorn
    • Nega-Pendragon
    • Pendragon
  • Cap au Diable Demons (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Cap_au_Diable_Demons)
  • Carnival of Shadows is just called Carnie in the AE. The other carnivals have their proper names.
  • Carnival of Light (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Carnival_of_Light)
    • Vanessa de Vore (Elite Boss)
  • Cimeroran (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Cimerorans)
    • Immunes Surgeon
    • Sybils
    • Various NPCs
  • Cimeroran Traitors (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Cimeroran_Traitors)
    • Immunes Surgeon
    • Nictus Essence (1)
    • Nictus Essence (2)
    • Nictus Essence (3)
  • Crey (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Crey)
    • Crey Public Relations
    • Special Agent Sharpshooter
  • Decaying Eidolons
  • Demons of Diabolique (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Demons_of_Diabolique)
  • Destroyer
    • Patient Zero - might just be a normal Hombre, so who knows.
    • Crusher (Weakened)
  • Devouring Earth
    • The Seed of Hamidon (Giant Monster)?
    • Flying seedlings that go along with the Seed of Hamidon?
    • The Avatar of Hamidon (EB/AV version)
  • Escaped Prisoner (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Escaped_Prisoner)
  • Freaklok (I know Faultline didn't want to include these yet, but I put them here anyway for completion)
  • Ghost (40-54) - possibly expand this to whatever level range Croatoan spirits have? I think they are the same mobs.
  • Hydra
    • Tentacle (minion, lieutenant, boss)
    • Hydra (AV)
  • Imperial Defense Force (21-54)
    • Battle Orb Mk I
    • Battle Orb Mk II
    • Battle Orb Mk III
    • Fusion (AV)
    • Jane Temblor (AV)
    • Praetorian Col. Duray (AV)
  • Imperial Defense Force (50-54)
    • Not sure if the Battle Orbs should also exist in this group.
  • "Incarnate Automatons", as they appear in the Pandoras Box arc.
    • Macht Jaeger
    • Incarnate Warhulk
  • Malta Operative (41-54) and/or (50-54)
    • Slinger (AV)
    • Director 11 (AV)
  • Midnight Masters
    • Montague Castanella
  • Midnight Squad
    • Dream Doctor
    • Mercedes Sheldon
    • Darrin Wade (EB/AV)
    • Darrin Wade (Incarnate)
    • Montague Castanella (EB/AV)
    • Exorcist (AV)
  • Praetorian Police
    • Chief Interrogator Washington
    • Interrogator Kang
    • Officer Welks
  • Prisoners (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Prisoners)
  • The Cabal
    • Sprite
  • Nictus
    • Lesser Unbound Nictus
    • Unbound Nictus
    • Greater Unbound Nictus
    • Shadow Cyst Crystal (AV/object)
  • Pandora's Might (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Pandora's_Might)
    • Olympian
    • Herculean
  • Seer (1-54) and Seer (50-54)
    • Subjugator
  • Skulls (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Skulls)
    • Gravedigger Assailant
    • Gravedigger Striker
    • Death Head Soldier
    • Death Doll
    • Death Walker
    • Chernobog (AV)
    • Morana (AV)
    • Veles (AV)
  • Sky Raider
    • Expanded level range using the mobs from Market Crash/Pandora's Box, to get Sky Raiders from 40-54 would be very nice. For me.
    • Raider Engineer
    • Force Field Generator
    • Colonel Duray (AV)
    • Captain Stone (AV)
    • Crimson Prototype (AV)
  • Soldiers of Rularuu

• Faathim the Kind

• Chularn the Slave Lord

• Ruladak the Strong

• Lanaru the Mad

• Turrets. Like the ones you find in Striga missions against the council, or in that one Tip Mission where they pop out of the floor.

• Fires. Like the ones in the arson event in Steel Canyon, and in other places (Mercy island?). It would be cool to be able to set a map on fire, and let players "defeat" the fires to put it out.

• Proximity Bombs. Not sure if they would work best as enemies and placed in boss spawns, or as objects you can place on the floor.

• UPA (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/UPA)

• Warriors - expand the level range with the mobs from Pandora's Box

Individuals

It has become apparent that some critters are not located within their respective groups, but only available as placable "boss" critters. This makes it impossible to add them to custom groups, which is a bit annoying. Ankylosaur suggested adding them to their groups for this purpose. Some of them don't belong to a group currently, and those could perhaps be added to a new placeholder group or to an alignment-based group like Arachnos, Longbow or the IDF, depending on what side they are on. So I guess I'll add another list here for those special individuals:

• The New Praetorians
    • Alec Parsons
    • Aurora Pena
    • Gerald T. Marchand
    • Grant Creston
    • Noble Savage
    • Marauder
    • Pendragon
    • Riptide
  • Various
    • Leonard
    • Mr. G
    • Psimon Omega
    • Emperor Cole himself is missing, in both forms, the costumed version and the one with the white uniform
    • Transmuter
    • Aria
    • Cleopatra
    • Reese
    • Stern
    • Warrant
    • Zane
    • Riptide (lower level variant)
    • Subjugator 5
    • Calvin Scott (Praetorian)
    • Desdemona
    • Maelstrom

Actually, I don't know if this is a good idea. It looks like I'm just going to have to type out the whole list of "placable bosses" from the AE and beg that they are duplicated in their respective enemy factions. Not sure if that's what Faultline is looking for. Any input on this?

Edited by Take One
Crossing out the ones we've got, adding some more.
  • Like 2

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

Prisoners are missing (al la Zig, Breakout and the like). Nor are the costume pieces available, it seems.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Are we including contacts that are missing too?  Or even contacts and or/named characters that should be either elsewhere in the lists or for example only appear as a contact but should also appear as a boss/person?

(I can't find my earlier notes to myself on stuff so started going through the lists from the beginning! Starting with contacts and seeing who is missing from those.)

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

The 2nd Imperial Defense Force Regiment is missing entirely.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/2nd_Imperial_Defense_Force_Regiment

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

5 hours ago, Darmian said:

Are we including contacts that are missing too?  Or even contacts and or/named characters that should be either elsewhere in the lists or for example only appear as a contact but should also appear as a boss/person?

I don't see why not. Report them all, let the devs sort them out.

• Like 1

Angry Citizens are missing, but they seem to be an "event" group so they probably can't be added since they don't have ordinary levels. But I'll let the poor devs sort that out.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Angry_Citizens

Edited by Take One
  • Like 1

I'm going through contacts then, alphabetically, and seeing what's missing, and frankly what's incongruous.  Like, why the hell is there a Longbow Officer as a contact halfway through the Arachnos contact list?

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Some of The Awakened are missing:

• Immanence
  • Astral Mindstorm
  • Mindcrasher
  • Channeler
  • Astral Conduit

21 hours ago, Darmian said:

(I can't find my earlier notes to myself on stuff so started going through the lists from the beginning! Starting with contacts and seeing who is missing from those.)

Faathim the Kind (Not sure why, but maybe he's too big?)

I was going to use the Freedom Phalanx as allies that show up at the last minute in my most recent story. but while they can be used as contacts, they aren't available to appear in missions.  Went with PPD instead.  Could have tried creating them in the costume creator, but I wasn't sure what would spawn if I created a friendly group with nothing but 'archvillains.' 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Trouble with that is you might get four Manticores (not that you can make him, headpiece is unique).  I tried something similar with a home built supers team, and got 3 of one guy and one girl, rather than one of each.

• Like 1

Not an enemy, per se, but are we missing Council Transformation Tubes on destructible objects list?

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Incredible list!

Thanks for pulling this together.

Note that some groups like the New Praetorians, W.I.S.D.O.M, and Freedom Phalanx ( @Heraclea ) are there as addable "bosses" or allies  but can't be added to your own mobs.

Do you want to include Pets as a missing mob in your list? They follow that same basic rule, they are available as bosses/rescues but not their own mob.

I'd also argue that many of the characters under Generic Hero & Villain actually should be moved to their respective mob. (e.g. Slinger, who you mentioned on your Malta list is there - also Siege, Nightstar, Mr. G, ROFLSTOMP, Network, Tub Ci, Rising Vengance, Bronze Talon, Colleague, Concrete Bill, Dr. Hyperbaric, Psi Scout Lk'Onik, Agent X, Bio Pulse, etc. etc. )

New Praetorians menu

image.thumb.png.e36e94e3bf3558f01e8f48b6c66fc91e.png

Generic Villains menu

image.thumb.png.c91491c5bbd1c8718bf812f59e815dfa.png

Pets menu

image.thumb.png.e80d156b0b0628debe42d759fbc5f65f.png

Freedom Phalanx menu

image.thumb.png.aef59103f69e652adf976eaea77a8ae4.png

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Sheesh, lot of work done there, @Take One!  I've just been making notes to myself on paper and was going to post later!

Super specific, but on the Soldiers of Rularuu, the basic 41-54 natterlings are missing from the mob. If memory serves, because they were later included in the Rulu-shin I think that mucked them up in the core mob.

I just looked and apparently level 54 versions of the natterlings are in the mob now too - but the 41-54 are still missing. 

Edited by Ankylosaur

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

4 hours ago, Ankylosaur said:

Super specific

I don't think we can get too specific here. Most of the groups are correct after all. We're looking for the really obscure stuff now.

Given my predilection for Praetoria, Emperor Cole himself is missing, in both forms, the costumed version and the one with the white uniform.  Sure "Tyrant" is there but that's the old model. Subjugators are missing from the Seers, including the higher level Subjugator 5 from the Post War Mr. G arc. Transmuter is also missing.  In parallel with Mr. G, Protean is missing. Almost all the listed members of Powers Division are missing, so Aria, Cleopatra, Reese, Stern, Warrant and Zane; and Riptide only exists in the higher level New Praetorians version. Officer Welks is missing as a named character from the Praetorian Police. Interrogator Kang and Chief Interrogator Washington also missing.

Just going through bits and realizing my handwriting is terrible.

Just found out that there are high level Warriors in Pandora's Box. Release the Warriors! Oh and Sky Raiders too I guess.

On 4/30/2021 at 9:44 AM, Take One said:

Actually, I don't know if this is a good idea. It looks like I'm just going to have to type out the whole list of "placable bosses" from the AE and beg that they are duplicated in their respective enemy factions. Not sure if that's what Faultline is looking for. Any input on this?

In the sense that moving them could break existing arcs, I think duplicating/crossreferencing them could be important rather than moving them. There are several more than your list has currently too.

Ultimately it might be easier to just have a wiki page dedicated to the special bosses and Generic Heroes, Villains, and others like them that authors might be looking for and where they are - or just help people find them here - like we recently did with Flower Knight who is hidden under the Pet category. 

Similar issues exist with the unique maps not always appearing in every category they should.

Edited by Ankylosaur

Just to mention that there IS a version of Mr. G in the AE, it's just that he's been apparently taking a lot of steroids and is a lot heftier than the actual Mr.G (Praetorian and Primal versions)

15 hours ago, Ankylosaur said:

In the sense that moving them could break existing arcs, I think duplicating/crossreferencing them could be important rather than moving them.

Agreed, we shouldn't be moving or removing anything if it risks breaking existing arcs, but I'm sure Faultline is already thinking of that. Duplicating bosses/unique mobs into the factions they belong to where they are missing should be the right way. And then there's the question of what to do about those bosses who don't belong to a faction but are available as Generic Hero or Villains or similar. Should they be placed in an existing faction such as Longbow/Arachnos, or should there be a new placeholder faction only to hold these critters so they can be included in custom factions?

Probably not useful but what about Giant Monsters?

• The giant SkyRaider Bot from Market Crash? (is he a GM?)
  • The Giant Flying Hamidon Seedlings from the Number Six Arc? (is that a GM?)
  • The Hamidon Avatar? (GM?)
  • Jurassic? (he is available as a sub-40 AV I think)

If not are they AVs we could have?

Edited by Ankylosaur

The Seed of Hamidon itself, the First Ward version I mean?

Praetorian Malaise is missing in any form, and Shadow Hunter is using the Woodsman model, so pre Going Rogue and therefore the wrong one.

• 3 weeks later

Calvin Scott is available as an ally in Resistance 1-34, but not as a boss in Resistance 1-34.  Seems an odd thing to miss out on. Not to mention the ally version is only a lieutenant!

Edited by Darmian