Filling in the Gaps: Missing Enemies

So the other day Faultline mentioned on Discord that they devs don't have a list of missing enemy groups or enemy critters that potentially could be added to the AE. After picking up my jaw, and now recovering for a couple of days, I decided to finally do something. So here's a thread where people can report enemy groups or critters that seem to be missing from the AE, so that Faultline can see if they can add them in. I will try to consolidate the reports in this post, so people don't have to read through it all to find out what has already been reported.

Groups

Individuals

It has become apparent that some critters are not located within their respective groups, but only available as placable "boss" critters. This makes it impossible to add them to custom groups, which is a bit annoying. Ankylosaur suggested adding them to their groups for this purpose. Some of them don't belong to a group currently, and those could perhaps be added to a new placeholder group or to an alignment-based group like Arachnos, Longbow or the IDF, depending on what side they are on. So I guess I'll add another list here for those special individuals:

• The New Praetorians
    • Alec Parsons
    • Aurora Pena
    • Gerald T. Marchand
    • Grant Creston
    • Noble Savage
    • Marauder
    • Pendragon
    • Riptide
  • Various
    • Leonard
    • Mr. G
    • Psimon Omega
    •  

Actually, I don't know if this is a good idea. It looks like I'm just going to have to type out the whole list of "placable bosses" from the AE and beg that they are duplicated in their respective enemy factions. Not sure if that's what Faultline is looking for. Any input on this?

Edited by Take One
  • Like 2

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA" to find all my stuff. Here are some enticing titles: The Murders In The RWZ Morgue, The Tangled Weave, Project Dragon, Fear And Loathing On Striga, The Warburg Connection, The War On Christmas, A Clockwork Romance, Is That A Club In Your Pocket Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?, Evolve Or Die, A Taste For Evil, Et In Arcadia Ego, Faultline By Night, Arena, West Libertalia Born And Raised, The Doctor Returns. More to come...

Prisoners are missing (al la Zig, Breakout and the like). Nor are the costume pieces available, it seems.

Looking for SFMA content over multiple arcs? Search for the following arcs under "cranebump."

Ordinary People [3 parts]=1. Standard Operating Procedure, 2. Hope and Bullets, 3. The Last Full MeasureInvestigation of a series of thefts leads you deep into a vengeful plot that threatens all of Paragon City. Will you and Kings Row's "ordinary" heroes be able to stop it?

Leviathan [5 parts]=1. Hollow Pursuit, 2. Hollow Ring, 3. Hollow Victory, 4. Origin, 5. Mantle:  The  assassination of a local politician with national aspirations sets off a media frenzy among everyone's favorite reactionary network, NewsAnon. But the bigger issue is, who's behind it is all? All signs point to the one and only Hollow Point. But, as you soon find out, signs can be deceiving.

Coming soon: 38S-1: Special Forces: A prison break from a facility no one has ever heard of, featuring villains thought long gone, pushes The.38 Specials into action to thwart the insidious, multi-layered scheme of Paragon City's latest nemesis.

Are we including contacts that are missing too?  Or even contacts and or/named characters that should be either elsewhere in the lists or for example only appear as a contact but should also appear as a boss/person?

(I can't find my earlier notes to myself on stuff so started going through the lists from the beginning! Starting with contacts and seeing who is missing from those.)

AE SFMA Arcs: Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) 

Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) | Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642)*The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104)*The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489)*

*Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.

The 2nd Imperial Defense Force Regiment is missing entirely.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/2nd_Imperial_Defense_Force_Regiment

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA" to find all my stuff. Here are some enticing titles: The Murders In The RWZ Morgue, The Tangled Weave, Project Dragon, Fear And Loathing On Striga, The Warburg Connection, The War On Christmas, A Clockwork Romance, Is That A Club In Your Pocket Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?, Evolve Or Die, A Taste For Evil, Et In Arcadia Ego, Faultline By Night, Arena, West Libertalia Born And Raised, The Doctor Returns. More to come...

5 hours ago, Darmian said:

Are we including contacts that are missing too?  Or even contacts and or/named characters that should be either elsewhere in the lists or for example only appear as a contact but should also appear as a boss/person?

I don't see why not. Report them all, let the devs sort them out.

• Like 1

Angry Citizens are missing, but they seem to be an "event" group so they probably can't be added since they don't have ordinary levels. But I'll let the poor devs sort that out.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Angry_Citizens

Edited by Take One
  • Like 1

I'm going through contacts then, alphabetically, and seeing what's missing, and frankly what's incongruous.  Like, why the hell is there a Longbow Officer as a contact halfway through the Arachnos contact list?

AE SFMA Arcs: Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) 

Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) | Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642)*The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104)*The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489)*

Some of The Awakened are missing:

• Immanence
  • Astral Mindstorm
  • Mindcrasher
  • Channeler
  • Astral Conduit

21 hours ago, Darmian said:

(I can't find my earlier notes to myself on stuff so started going through the lists from the beginning! Starting with contacts and seeing who is missing from those.)

Faathim the Kind (Not sure why, but maybe he's too big?)

I was going to use the Freedom Phalanx as allies that show up at the last minute in my most recent story. but while they can be used as contacts, they aren't available to appear in missions.  Went with PPD instead.  Could have tried creating them in the costume creator, but I wasn't sure what would spawn if I created a friendly group with nothing but 'archvillains.' 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Trouble with that is you might get four Manticores (not that you can make him, headpiece is unique).  I tried something similar with a home built supers team, and got 3 of one guy and one girl, rather than one of each.

• Like 1

Not an enemy, per se, but are we missing Council Transformation Tubes on destructible objects list?

• Like 1

Looking for SFMA content over multiple arcs? Search for the following arcs under "cranebump."

Ordinary People [3 parts]=1. Standard Operating Procedure, 2. Hope and Bullets, 3. The Last Full MeasureInvestigation of a series of thefts leads you deep into a vengeful plot that threatens all of Paragon City. Will you and Kings Row's "ordinary" heroes be able to stop it?

Leviathan [5 parts]=1. Hollow Pursuit, 2. Hollow Ring, 3. Hollow Victory, 4. Origin, 5. Mantle:  The  assassination of a local politician with national aspirations sets off a media frenzy among everyone's favorite reactionary network, NewsAnon. But the bigger issue is, who's behind it is all? All signs point to the one and only Hollow Point. But, as you soon find out, signs can be deceiving.

Coming soon: 38S-1: Special Forces: A prison break from a facility no one has ever heard of, featuring villains thought long gone, pushes The.38 Specials into action to thwart the insidious, multi-layered scheme of Paragon City's latest nemesis.

Incredible list!

Thanks for pulling this together.

Note that some groups like the New Praetorians, W.I.S.D.O.M, and Freedom Phalanx ( @Heraclea ) are there as addable "bosses" or allies  but can't be added to your own mobs.

Do you want to include Pets as a missing mob in your list? They follow that same basic rule, they are available as bosses/rescues but not their own mob.

I'd also argue that many of the characters under Generic Hero & Villain actually should be moved to their respective mob. (e.g. Slinger, who you mentioned on your Malta list is there - also Siege, Nightstar, Mr. G, ROFLSTOMP, Network, Tub Ci, Rising Vengance, Bronze Talon, Colleague, Concrete Bill, Dr. Hyperbaric, Psi Scout Lk'Onik, Agent X, Bio Pulse, etc. etc. )

New Praetorians menu

image.thumb.png.e36e94e3bf3558f01e8f48b6c66fc91e.png

Generic Villains menu

image.thumb.png.c91491c5bbd1c8718bf812f59e815dfa.png

Pets menu

image.thumb.png.e80d156b0b0628debe42d759fbc5f65f.png

Freedom Phalanx menu

image.thumb.png.aef59103f69e652adf976eaea77a8ae4.png

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AE Arcs: | Series: All That Glitters (12 arc Vigilante series to level with - timeline is post i26 ) - 1-54  

Heroic:   #854 The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52* | #848 Rularularian - 41-54* | #30367 Spycraft & Spidermen - 40-47 #31353 Policemen vs. Aliens - 45-54 | #32295 Return to Faultline - 45-54 |  #32791 Future Storm's Past - 35-54 Vigilante:  #855 Save the Diver, Save the World - 25-30 Neutral:  #28330 Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54* | #33968 The Ghost In The Machine - 46-54 Rogue:  #33211 When Carnivals Collide - 20-30  | #27055 The Atlas of the Multiverse - 46-54 Villainous:  #25870 Robolution - 25-34* | #26387 The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54 #25869 Condemning Croatoa - 25-33 | *Dev's Choice / HoF

Sheesh, lot of work done there, @Take One!  I've just been making notes to myself on paper and was going to post later!

Super specific, but on the Soldiers of Rularuu, the basic 41-54 natterlings are missing from the mob. If memory serves, because they were later included in the Rulu-shin I think that mucked them up in the core mob.

I just looked and apparently level 54 versions of the natterlings are in the mob now too - but the 41-54 are still missing. 

Edited by Ankylosaur

AE Arcs: | Series: All That Glitters (12 arc Vigilante series to level with - timeline is post i26 ) - 1-54  

Heroic:   #854 The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52* | #848 Rularularian - 41-54* | #30367 Spycraft & Spidermen - 40-47 #31353 Policemen vs. Aliens - 45-54 | #32295 Return to Faultline - 45-54 |  #32791 Future Storm's Past - 35-54 Vigilante:  #855 Save the Diver, Save the World - 25-30 Neutral:  #28330 Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54* | #33968 The Ghost In The Machine - 46-54 Rogue:  #33211 When Carnivals Collide - 20-30  | #27055 The Atlas of the Multiverse - 46-54 Villainous:  #25870 Robolution - 25-34* | #26387 The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54 #25869 Condemning Croatoa - 25-33 | *Dev's Choice / HoF

4 hours ago, Ankylosaur said:

Super specific

I don't think we can get too specific here. Most of the groups are correct after all. We're looking for the really obscure stuff now.