Filling in the Gaps: Missing Enemies

Take One

A caveat.  There's a mix and match assortment of which version of Praetorian characters are available in the AE as contacts/enemies.  Now, I'm advocating that instead of just swapping out one for the other, we have BOTH versions available. So Mother Mayhem Pre and Post Going Rogue for instance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Basically while I want to see Emperor Cole in his Going Rogue outfits (white uniform and supers gear) I see no reason for us losing the Tyrant Olympian Guard from the AE.  just as an example.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 2 weeks later

Ghostly War Witch is available only as a contact as far as I can see, and not as an ally/boss/whatever.  So a ghostly version of her in that section + a live version! On that note I had to make a copy of Apex for an AE arc (doable but he really should be in there too).  The third in the comic book team was Horus, but he was never in game and would need design work as he has unique costume pieces, not to mention he's a Peacebringer, so an adjunct to that is Kheldians are missing from the AE, along with their power sets.  Yes, you can have individual forms but not like we play them.

Statesman.  Bear with me.  THIS version and THIS version are not in the game yet appear to be images of game models.

540858476_Statesman_1930s.jpg.07cfe6cc2cf4f40066bb9fcfe42f625c.jpg1933691437_Statesman_1940s.jpg.483ff8a9c13dd3d391cb8e72b7cd897c.jpg

A few folk like Kadabra Bill, Sigil, and Cyrus are not in there either... https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Generic_Heroes

but easy enough to recreate

Edited by Ankylosaur

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

• 4 weeks later
  • City Council

So now that this patch is up on Brainstorm, I'm going to explain why some critters didn't make it in. Here's the ground rules, as discovered through much poking of the Architect data files:

• While Architect defines villaingroups which contain specific critters, it still validates them using the original enemy groups. I can't make an enemy group called "Praetorian AVs" that include Diabolique and Tyrant, because the former is in the "Diabolique's Spirits" enemy group, and the latter is in the "Tyrant's Followers" enemy group. The critters have to go to the original enemy group they belong to. I did make some effort to change this, but it's so deeply ingrained that I gave up for now; may revisit in the future.
  • Some critters are set to not spawn by default, and adding them to an Architect villaingroup doesn't change that. The "Demons of Diabolique" group is actually composed of three critters in the "Diabolique's Spirits" group (the different name is just visual) that are set to not spawn by default, and are instead spawned manually in the specific mission that uses them. So while they have been added to Architect, in order to use them you will still need to create a custom villaingroup and add those three critters from "Diabolique's Spirits" in.
  • Enemy groups must contain at least one minion, lieutenant and boss in the range, that can spawn by default. Some of the requested villaingroups fail this; Cap Au Diable Demons is only minions (and only two types, which only vary by a power) so those are out at the moment. A villaingroup can be defined to be treated as a "Bosses Only" group, in which case it doesn't need to have all three ranks, but it doesn't accept minions and lietenants in it - so that's out for the Cap Demons as well. I'll look into extending the "Bosses Only" groups to take also minions and lieutenants, but that may break things so I shelved it for the future.
  • Some critters have powers or mechanics that only make sense as part of a scripted trial, so they can't be added. Angry Citizens exists at level 50 as part of the TPN trial, but they are scripted to only run to specific markers that only exist in the TPN trial, so they're out.

Having said all that, there are more critters on the first post that can and will be added, they just didn't make it for this patch, which is being fast-tracked to support the Cimerora contest. More will be probably added in Page 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Appreciate the work done and the explanations given, @Faultline.

• 3 weeks later