Light Control: A Luminous PBAoE Control Powerset

Going to ping @krj12 - hey there! Given your experience with Controllers and the like, I'd definitely be interested in hearing your thoughts on this proposed powerset; how strong it might be, if it's overtuned, if it's something that you could see yourself playing, and so on. Hope to hear your response! 😄

Might give @Dahle a wave as well, heyo! Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this proposal for a Light Control powerset as well, given your experience with your own Controllers. Might it be something you'd want to play? Find that it overshadows/undershoots compared to the other powersets? As always, I'm all ears.

Looks interesting, my take:

1.   I prefer controller sets with a pet, so don't lose the pets.

2.  Not a fan of ground targeted AE powers in this game, so having more than one power of that type would be a big negative.

3.  I prefer to stay at range when possible with my trollers, I'm not a tank or a blapper.  So, all the PBAE powers... not sure about that.

As to whether I'd play the set ... with me, character concept always comes first before I decide to try a powerset.

After that, it depends on how it plays - I've deleted characters due to either awkwardness of a power set or relative lack of performance.

Hard for me to tell based on descriptions, I'd have to actually try it.

3 hours ago, krj12 said:

1.   I prefer controller sets with a pet, so don't lose the pets.

2.  Not a fan of ground targeted AE powers in this game, so having more than one power of that type would be a big negative.

3.  I prefer to stay at range when possible with my trollers, I'm not a tank or a blapper.  So, all the PBAE powers... not sure about that.

As to whether I'd play the set ... with me, character concept always comes first before I decide to try a powerset.

After that, it depends on how it plays - I've deleted characters due to either awkwardness of a power set or relative lack of performance.

Have you, by chance, played much of Ice Control?

While it can be played with some range, it benefits from close ranged and synergies with other sets that either bolster it's ranged capabilities (I paired mine with Trick Arrow to stack it's control and damage but still wade into the thick of it) but I could imagine Poison, Dark and Empathy being a decent pairing due to wanting to be near the action or having PBAoE effects to capitalize on.

Overall, I think there could be more control sets made for that type of synergy similar to Ice and Illusion, simply because there's just not many like it 

I will chime in, because this is interesting.  I enjoy playing things like Fire Control, Ice Control and Electric Control, all sets that benefit from being more in close or point blank range.  Though none are set in stone to the point of 'you MUST play melee.'

A lot of this, in theory, will force a player to play in melee.  That isn't a bad thing, in some scenarios.  Though looking at it, I feel like you'll be forced into a defensive secondary as a controller and as a Dominator you'll be forced into Perma-Dom (but who doesn't do that).

I do want to ask a few items though:

1. Why is their no Single Target Hold? I understand the sleep and the mechanic there, but if a controller lacks that basic, it really isn't a control set anymore, it becomes a debuff set and might be better as a def primary or controller secondary.

2. I think I read this earlier, but the Ray of Light Mechanic would probably be ignored, just like the /Time mechanic is ignored.  I liked the suggestion of making it a toggle, and maybe even an AoE toggle on an enemy.  This gives it more utility to be used and probably makes it a must take, though it would need to be weakened a bit.  It also would need to be moved out of the T1 spot probably. Maybe move the sleep to T1, put in a Hold at T2 and mix Ray of light and Twilight into an AoE toggle on an enemy power?

3. I saw some slotting inconsistencies. And though I find the Sets that are To Hit Debuff to be more in line with what I look for, some of the powers probably should be changed to Accurate To Hit Debuff, like Ray of Light and Dazzling Glow.
4. Your pet is intentionally made 'weak' so it explodes I am guessing?  But that makes me not want the Pet, it is almost completely skippable IMO.  Just like Fire Imps that die so easily.  I think an opposite of Dark Servant might fit as a pet better, something that throws a lot of Ranged Damage out instead of lots of debuffs (probably a lot of ST damage) to offset the lack of damage in the set, and a Ranged Damage dealing pet may not die so often because of the melee orientation of the set and how it pulls things in.

So yeah, I'd try it. I mean I have 45 controllers in varying states of play, what is one more 🙂

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

6 hours ago, Leo_G said:

While it can be played with some range, it benefits from close ranged and synergies with other sets that either bolster it's ranged capabilities (I paired mine with Trick Arrow to stack it's control and damage but still wade into the thick of it) but I could imagine Poison, Dark and Empathy being a decent pairing due to wanting to be near the action or having PBAoE effects to capitalize on.

Overall, I think there could be more control sets made for that type of synergy similar to Ice and Illusion, simply because there's just not many like it 

I do have an Ice/Cold troller.  It's an ok combination, though very light in the dps.    There is only one power, Glacier, which requires me to be in combat range.

I have no problem with the power,  and I use it when appropriate, but it doesn't make me feel like I have to use it constantly.

1 minute ago, krj12 said:

I do have an Ice/Cold troller.  It's an ok combination, though very light in the dps.    There is only one power, Glacier, which requires me to be in combat range.

I have no problem with the power,  and I use it when appropriate, but it doesn't make me feel like I have to use it constantly.

What about Arctic Air?

1 hour ago, Leo_G said:
1 hour ago, krj12 said:

What about Arctic Air?

I feel naked playing an Ice controller without Arctic Air...

• Like 1

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

11 hours ago, krj12 said:

1.  I prefer controller sets with a pet, so don't lose the pets.

Hey there, and thanks for your response! @MTeague did mention that most people'd probably prefer the pet T9, and I think this supports that, hahah. I am considering replacing Eclipse.png.ad1aa9468e64d19928d03d3c3c86dfb8.png T5: Twilight with 1960645279_GleamingSphere.png.bd89df70fbcb039e88008c4e90ba7c11.png Gleaming Sphere just because flavour wise it sounds a bit more fitting...but having a way of showing the absence of light is neat too. Plus, it provides a relatively safe way of letting the Light Controller/Dominator walk up to enemies beforehand.

Location based powers...hmm. Reducing them might be possible, though I'm not sure how best I'd do that - I imagine you're not a fan of Earth Control as a result! I will say that Light Control does make said powers fairly skippable, since 1975604704_BlindingHalo.png.324caf2c9fd1a29bf9599d753c78a038.png T4: Blinding Halo is its main source of control; the patch powers are useful for influencing larger amounts of the battlefield, but aren't necessary.

That being said, Light Control was definitely conceptualised as a PBAoE control powerset, kind of similar to Ice Control, except with a toolkit that actually synergised with that idea. That's part of the reason why -To Hit is part of it: providing some safety when sticking close to enemies and shining. There's definitely options for staying at range...but it'd definitely make the powerset much less potent. 😅

And, well...I do hope that one day a Light Control actually becomes implemented! I'd look forward to testing out such a set myself if that happens. Once can dream! And in the meantime, draft up concepts of what it'd look like.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leo_G said:

Ice Control was definitely one of the main inspirations for this powerset! Though I did mention to @oedipus_tex that the powers involved here were meant to help keep the Controller/Dominator safe despite staying in melee range: -To Hit debuffs, knockdown, and other forms of softer control should hopefully help to synergise with it. I also mentioned some thematic/mechanical combinations over here:

Though of course, a lot of it is mostly speculation.

19 hours ago, Dahle said:

I will chime in, because this is interesting.  I enjoy playing things like Fire Control, Ice Control and Electric Control, all sets that benefit from being more in close or point blank range.  Though none are set in stone to the point of 'you MUST play melee.'

A lot of this, in theory, will force a player to play in melee.  That isn't a bad thing, in some scenarios.  Though looking at it, I feel like you'll be forced into a defensive secondary as a controller and as a Dominator you'll be forced into Perma-Dom (but who doesn't do that).

I do want to ask a few items though:

1. Why is their no Single Target Hold? I understand the sleep and the mechanic there, but if a controller lacks that basic, it really isn't a control set anymore, it becomes a debuff set and might be better as a def primary or controller secondary.

2. I think I read this earlier, but the Ray of Light Mechanic would probably be ignored, just like the /Time mechanic is ignored.  I liked the suggestion of making it a toggle, and maybe even an AoE toggle on an enemy.  This gives it more utility to be used and probably makes it a must take, though it would need to be weakened a bit.  It also would need to be moved out of the T1 spot probably. Maybe move the sleep to T1, put in a Hold at T2 and mix Ray of light and Twilight into an AoE toggle on an enemy power?

3. I saw some slotting inconsistencies. And though I find the Sets that are To Hit Debuff to be more in line with what I look for, some of the powers probably should be changed to Accurate To Hit Debuff, like Ray of Light and Dazzling Glow.
4. Your pet is intentionally made 'weak' so it explodes I am guessing?  But that makes me not want the Pet, it is almost completely skippable IMO.  Just like Fire Imps that die so easily.  I think an opposite of Dark Servant might fit as a pet better, something that throws a lot of Ranged Damage out instead of lots of debuffs (probably a lot of ST damage) to offset the lack of damage in the set, and a Ranged Damage dealing pet may not die so often because of the melee orientation of the set and how it pulls things in.

So yeah, I'd try it. I mean I have 45 controllers in varying states of play, what is one more 🙂

Hey there, and thanks for your thoughts on this! I was definitely inspired by Ice Control's reliance on Arctic Air to primarily control the battlefield, and thought it'd be a neat fit for something like Light Control - to my mind, I perceive the element as 'radiating' and 'straightforward', which translated to 'up-close-and-personal' for me. I'll definitely say that the -To Hit was supposed to help compensate for this to some degree, with the hope being that it wouldn't necessitate specific secondaries for it to work.

That being said, there were certainly other ways I could have gone about fulfilling that sort of idea. For example as you've mentioned, the Illumination mechanic here could potentially be leaned on much more heavily in terms of control - here it's supposed to be more of a bonus thing, since I figured that an additional mandatory mechanic might get in the way of actually controlling the battlefield. One idea that I've tossed around a little is creating small AoE bursts of temporary Hold status effects when chaining some kinds of powers together, or something like that.

As for the lack of a single target hold, it was for a similar reason to why Ice Control doesn't have any confuse powers outside of Arctic Air - I wanted 1975604704_BlindingHalo.png.324caf2c9fd1a29bf9599d753c78a038.png T4: Blinding Halo to be its main source of lockdown, but still prevent it from immediately stacking without putting in extra work to do that (e.g. like how one can stack Arctic Air with World of Confusion). I figured that it was a potent enough power to stand alone by itself, and provide Light Control with more wriggle room to have a variety of different effects. I actually toyed with the idea of providing a T2 Disorient instead of a Sleep, but I didn't want it to further potentially stack with 122333432_IncandescentEruption.png.bed1d861415a435328a8b4fe6b7b8443.png T6: Incandescent Eruption and 804575760_PrismaticField.png.37db79635018f16e4f24feb5430f294e.png T7: Prismatic Field.

And thanks for the heads up on the slotting - I forgot about the Accurate To Hit Debuff sets, quickly edited to properly fit them; I'm pretty sure that -ToHit powers with an accuracy component actually allow for both To Hit Debuff and Accurate To Hit Debuff sets.

I'm also not entirely sure how durable I'm imagining 278989210_ShiningMotes.png.cee815dd22c339ad160973a3f8e8a36f.png T9: Shining Motes to be. I've been toying with the idea of a -To Hit debuff aura around them; the idea behind them was to stack further PBAoE powers that synergise with Light Control's own ones, a bit of a death-by-a-thousand cuts kind of thing, if that makes sense. The best way to look at the knockdown is more as a bonus flavour thing than as an intentional mechanic to exploit - something that happens in the case of them prematurely expiring than something to rely upon.

Hope this clears things up a bit!

Might also ping @Arcadio on this topic as well - hey there! Saw your post on Illusion Control, so I thought you might be interested in Light Control as well; there's definitely some theme overlap, but I do want it to function as a standalone powerset in its own right. If you've got the time, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this powerset: if it distinguishes itself from the others, if it's a strong/weak set comparatively, and all that good stuff. Thanks in advance if you do decide to do so! 😄

Might give @roleki a wave too - heyo! Saw you mention you primarily played Controllers; would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this proposed Control powerset as a result - I figure that Light Control fills a niche, but I'd definitely like to hear if it'd be something that'd interest you, both in theme and in playstyle/strength. Thanks in advance if you do decide to take a gander and share your thoughts! 🙂

Speaking of luminous powers...hey there @Replacement! Thought this thread might be of interest to you - if you're up for it, I'd definitely be happy to hear your thoughts on this proposal for Light Control, any feedback you might have, likelihood of implementation with existing assets, if you'd be up for trying such a powerset, and so on. Hope you like it! 😄

Thanks for the shout-out, @Blackfeather.
Regrettably, I'm probably not the ideal candidate to approach for this particular project.  As much as I want to see more Control Sets, I feel that Light Control is already in the game in the form of Illusion Control, thematically speaking.  I would very much like to see attention given to Natural-friendly Control Sets, like the Grenade Control or Commanding Voice Set ideas that have been proposed in the past here.
However, I'll fully acknowledge that while there are other players who see things the same or similar to me in this regard, the majority would probably support your proposed Light Control Set if it was brought in to the game.  Perhaps someone else, like @HelBlaiz would be good to pick the brain of, as they're a prolific creator of concept characters.

19 hours ago, Blackfeather said:

Speaking of luminous powers...hey there @Replacement! Thought this thread might be of interest to you - if you're up for it, I'd definitely be happy to hear your thoughts on this proposal for Light Control, any feedback you might have, likelihood of implementation with existing assets, if you'd be up for trying such a powerset, and so on. Hope you like it! 😄

Replacement's actually one of the contributor's to this thread, and also who helped conceptualize the newer 'Light' and 'Void' powersets featured there! 😅

I have been ping-ed

I love the idea of the set and especially the concept behind Blinding Halo. I do thin Dazzling Gaze synergy with Illumination might want to be revisited however. Stacking Sleep is fun and all, but you're one stray Fireball away from all that effort being for naught. Might I suggest having the synergy apply Hold instead/in addition to stacking Sleep? That way it's more useful in teams. Kinda cuts into your attempt to avoid single target holds for varieties sake, though.

Regardless, I have at least one character who would love this set.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

Thanks for the shout-out, @Blackfeather.
Regrettably, I'm probably not the ideal candidate to approach for this particular project.  As much as I want to see more Control Sets, I feel that Light Control is already in the game in the form of Illusion Control, thematically speaking.  I would very much like to see attention given to Natural-friendly Control Sets, like the Grenade Control or Commanding Voice Set ideas that have been proposed in the past here.
However, I'll fully acknowledge that while there are other players who see things the same or similar to me in this regard, the majority would probably support your proposed Light Control Set if it was brought in to the game.  Perhaps someone else, like @HelBlaiz would be good to pick the brain of, as they're a prolific creator of concept characters.

That's quite alright! Illusion Control is definitely involved with bending and manipulating light somewhat, so I can understand that. In fact, one big reason that I thought up this powerset was because Illusion didn't quite fit with some of my own character concepts - @MTeague mentioned something similar in one of their posts, I believe.

On 5/17/2021 at 6:36 AM, HelBlaiz said:

I have been ping-ed

I love the idea of the set and especially the concept behind Blinding Halo. I do thin Dazzling Gaze synergy with Illumination might want to be revisited however. Stacking Sleep is fun and all, but you're one stray Fireball away from all that effort being for naught. Might I suggest having the synergy apply Hold instead/in addition to stacking Sleep? That way it's more useful in teams. Kinda cuts into your attempt to avoid single target holds for varieties sake, though.

Regardless, I have at least one character who would love this set.

Hey there, and thanks for your response!

Glad to hear you do like the concept - I did indeed want to make 1975604704_BlindingHalo.png.324caf2c9fd1a29bf9599d753c78a038.png T4: Blinding Halo the main source of Light Control's lockdown; kind of like Ice Control's Arctic Air, but dealing damage and debuffing accuracy instead of reducing run speed and recharge. As a result, I wanted to avoid easy/consistent stacking of the effect outside of the power itself - in theory, it should be able to consistently Hold bosses by itself, but it'd take some time to do so (balanced around being in melee range, extra risk of damage).

My main motivation for providing a Sleep in the form of 1676291688_DazzlingGlow.png.a5610320e77a10c63623ec414ef7bc26.png T2: Dazzling Glow was to diversify Light Control's status effects as a result of not having two sources of Holds - I do agree that being able to stack sleeps is rather niche, but I do think it can be valid in some circumstances, such as for handling AVs for instance. The power also deals damage and provides an additional source of -To Hit, which is generally useful regardless of team composition.

That also being said, I've definitely been thinking over the Illumination mechanic a little. Perhaps foes marked by 1352599153_RayofLight.png.b44117c53fead96564eb0c84be7bd09a.png T1: Ray of Light may also have a chance of being held for a short period of time whenever they're damaged by one of Light Control's powers? That way, it'd be a little bonus on top of 1975604704_BlindingHalo.png.324caf2c9fd1a29bf9599d753c78a038.png T4: Blinding Halo, but not something that can be relied upon.

As an addition to the above post: the proposed change to the Illumination mechanic is also meant to synergise with 278989210_ShiningMotes.png.cee815dd22c339ad160973a3f8e8a36f.png T9: Shining Motes somewhat. Given the idea of a small chance to hold whenever illuminated by 1352599153_RayofLight.png.b44117c53fead96564eb0c84be7bd09a.png T1: Ray of Light, having three (relatively fragile) pets might work well together with that, and increase their survivability and utility somewhat, which I believe @Dahle was a bit concerned about.

On 5/7/2021 at 6:04 PM, Blackfeather said:

Think I'm going to ping @Galaxy Brain as well on this - heya! Was kind of curious if you had any thoughts on this proposed Control powerset; I wanted to make something that played relatively uniquely compared to the available primaries, with its focus on PBAoE powers. Additionally, would be interested in your thoughts on its relative strength between Controllers/Dominators, with its toggle Hold aura, akin to Ice Control's Arctic Air and so on.

I really dig how this is different from the normal setup of control sets, lacking some of the more traditional powers (ST Immob/Hold). Control sets tend to need to stack up controls to deal with "actual threats", and I like how you also made the T1 uniquely deal with this by making it a more generalized power that also happens to let your controls stack, technically in 2 clicks still but much more "fluidly" than Hold ... wait ... Hold again.

That said, I do feel like this should be the focal point of the set, and as such likely should not be the T1 power. 

T1/T2 is a toss up where folks can often skip one or the other unless it is a secondary, or on an AT that really incentivizes using one or both constantly (Sentinels/Blasters). Otherwise, set-defining powers usually come up at around lvl 6 (T4) where you have a few powers that can bolster that key one like with Assassin's Strike, MM upgrades, 3rd major attack in a chain, etc. Shifting Ray of light there would be great, unless both it AND Dazzling glow can "illuminate" targets.

On top of this, if it is *the* thing for the set, adding more interactions would be cool. Simply: Illuminate = -Mez protect (Non Stacking) / -Mez Resist (Stacking) as a base effect would be neat, and then having each power do a little sumthin extra to targets you put the spotlight on would be cool and thematic to light, where you can fill a room OR laser - focus 😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

I really dig how this is different from the normal setup of control sets, lacking some of the more traditional powers (ST Immob/Hold). Control sets tend to need to stack up controls to deal with "actual threats", and I like how you also made the T1 uniquely deal with this by making it a more generalized power that also happens to let your controls stack, technically in 2 clicks still but much more "fluidly" than Hold ... wait ... Hold again.

That said, I do feel like this should be the focal point of the set, and as such likely should not be the T1 power. 

T1/T2 is a toss up where folks can often skip one or the other unless it is a secondary, or on an AT that really incentivizes using one or both constantly (Sentinels/Blasters). Otherwise, set-defining powers usually come up at around lvl 6 (T4) where you have a few powers that can bolster that key one like with Assassin's Strike, MM upgrades, 3rd major attack in a chain, etc. Shifting Ray of light there would be great, unless both it AND Dazzling glow can "illuminate" targets.

On top of this, if it is *the* thing for the set, adding more interactions would be cool. Simply: Illuminate = -Mez protect (Non Stacking) / -Mez Resist (Stacking) as a base effect would be neat, and then having each power do a little sumthin extra to targets you put the spotlight on would be cool and thematic to light, where you can fill a room OR laser - focus 😉

Hey there, and thanks for your response! Admittedly, I wanted to make 1975604704_BlindingHalo.png.324caf2c9fd1a29bf9599d753c78a038.png T4: Blinding Halo the main focus power of the set, at least in terms of control, kind of similar to how Ice Control's Arctic Air functions as its main lockdown source - as a result, a lot of Light Control's powers are PBAoE focused to supplement this, or area powers that can be layered on top of the player or split up elsewhere.

Something I'll also admit - I wasn't quite sure how I wanted the Illuminate effect to precisely work; you'll see that the implementation of it is a bit vague across the different powers and so on. In retrospect, adding extra magnitude against such targets makes a lot of sense, so thanks for the suggestion! I think I might add that to 245456132_RadiatingTies.png.9debb404b3f189c3780bb2f0c9c77ac5.png T3: Radiating Ties. Perhaps even 1975604704_BlindingHalo.png.324caf2c9fd1a29bf9599d753c78a038.png T4: Blinding Halo could benefit from this - higher magnitude Hold against Illuminated targets - and would also provide a roundabout way of 'adding' a single target Hold (as @Dahle mentioned the lack of in their post, as did @oedipus_tex in theirs) while still requiring one to be in close range to make the effects of that known, which was the main intent of this powerset.

I do like the idea of adding the Illuminate effect to 1676291688_DazzlingGlow.png.a5610320e77a10c63623ec414ef7bc26.png T2: Dazzling Glow more than shuffling the power arrangement around myself. This way, it doesn't buck the trend of having two single target abilities in the T1/T2. This might require a slight modification to the power's effect against Illuminated foes (enhanced magnitude vs. not dealing damage) to make it work properly, but I think it works out to be about the same.

As a result of making the Illuminate effect something that Light Control will end up using, I might bump down the magnitude of 1975604704_BlindingHalo.png.324caf2c9fd1a29bf9599d753c78a038.png T4: Blinding Halo from 2.5 to 2, doubling it to 4 against Illuminted targets. 245456132_RadiatingTies.png.9debb404b3f189c3780bb2f0c9c77ac5.png T3: Radiating Ties could get a similar treatment, with an additional +1 magnitude to its 3, and 1676291688_DazzlingGlow.png.a5610320e77a10c63623ec414ef7bc26.png T2: Dazzling Glow could flat out double itself from 3.5 to 7.

I definitely like the idea of providing some kind of stacking effect, though the fact that Light Control already has a powerful debuff in -To Hit does make me a bit weary of putting in more things on top of that... Well, 122333432_IncandescentEruption.png.bed1d861415a435328a8b4fe6b7b8443.png T6: Incandescent Eruption, 804575760_PrismaticField.png.37db79635018f16e4f24feb5430f294e.png T7: Prismatic Field, and 782392347_LuminousDistortion.png.0e95fd0f5450964b893be683ad3a8eca.png T8: Luminous Distortion all have a chance to inflict some form of hard control. Maybe the likelihood of this occurring can increase with subsequent stacks of Illumination?

Though for additional effects of said stacks, I'm not sure what that might entail...though maybe it's better that it doesn't have too large of a role, since I did want 1975604704_BlindingHalo.png.324caf2c9fd1a29bf9599d753c78a038.png T4: Blinding Halo to be the setpiece of this powerset. As always, interested in your thoughts on the matter, and thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 1:12 AM, Galaxy Brain said:

Tentative effects against Illuminated targets here, posted in the original post, but I'll put them here too:

• 1352599153_RayofLight.png.b44117c53fead96564eb0c84be7bd09a.png T1: Ray of Light, bonus damage
  • 1676291688_DazzlingGlow.png.a5610320e77a10c63623ec414ef7bc26.png T2: Dazzling Glow, Mag 3.5 Sleep -> Mag 7 Sleep (+3.5)
  • 245456132_RadiatingTies.png.9debb404b3f189c3780bb2f0c9c77ac5.png T3: Radiating Ties, Mag 3 Immobilize -> Mag 4 Immobilize (+1)
  • 1975604704_BlindingHalo.png.324caf2c9fd1a29bf9599d753c78a038.png T4: Blinding Halo, Mag 2 Hold -> Mag 4 Hold (+2)
  • 122333432_IncandescentEruption.png.bed1d861415a435328a8b4fe6b7b8443.png T6: Incandescent Eruption, bonus damage
  • 804575760_PrismaticField.png.37db79635018f16e4f24feb5430f294e.png T7: Prismatic Field, 2% chance Disorient -> 4% chance Disorient
  • 782392347_LuminousDistortion.png.0e95fd0f5450964b893be683ad3a8eca.png T8: Luminous Distortion, 2% chance Confuse -> 4% chance Confuse
Edited by Blackfeather
  • Like 1

I think I'll also ping @Mezmera on this topic, given their mention of being a Dominator main - hey there! Was wondering if you had any thoughts on this proposed design for Light Control; if it's something that you'd personally find compelling to play, how it stacks up compared to the other Control sets, if it's overpowered/underpowered and so on. If you do decide to voice your thoughts on it, thanks in advance! 😄