Loaded Question - More Enhancement Slots for PB/WS?

Hey Heros/Villains,

This is my first half-effort for an academic argument on Homecoming Forums.

I've played Peacebringer in both Homecoming and live. City of Heroes forces PB/WS users into two builds, Humans and Forms.

Problem is there's not enough enhancements slots for three forms and all their powers to go around.

Would it be too simple to just allow PB's and WS's to be able to unlock max (6) enhancement slots on all of their powers? 

Maybe for all characters and not just PB's/WS's?

Make it an "Incarnate enhancement slot" unlock? Unlocked through crafting with Incarnate components?

Thanks for the TED Talk,

Lightning Drone

Kheldians are some of the better balanced ATs when it comes to in-game content. A lot went into designing them and they play well in missions and are so fun with a team. I've never felt like my Peacebringers are lacking anything and when it comes to teams - I really don't see anyone doing better.  Most of the "needs more slots" things are just old school guides saying it and people continuing to parrot it because they want to steam roll everything. 6 more slots would be pretty overpowered. 

I think having a global IO that turns all your powers into KD instead of slotting a KD IO in all your powers you want into would be cool. I hate KB so this idea is a personal preference.  It would free up an slot in all my AOE attacks.

Edited by Dahkness
  • Like 5

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

1 hour ago, Dahkness said:

I think having a global IO that turns all your powers into KD instead of slotting a KD IO in all your powers you want into would be cool. I hate KB so this idea is a personal preference.  It would free up an slot in all my AOE attacks.

/signed

I do like what they've done making the first 2 human attacks available to dwarf/nova respectively. It would ease up the slot shortage if there was more power sharing like that, except of course PBs and WSs have quite a different human form loadout making that difficult to do in practice, e.g. human PBs have Solar Flare, which could carry into dwarf form and replace White Dwarf Flare, except you wouldn't be able to do the same on WS, and that aside you'd have to wait until lvl 26 to get it and be forced to spend a power pick on it even if you only ever intended to use it in dwarf form - so complications abound! I'm sure some people would be upset to lose Reform Essence and White Dwarf Sublimation as separately usable heals as well.

The logistics of trying to do it in a reasonable way across PBs and WSs, and without breaking existing characters, mean it'd probably be far easier to simply create a new Kheldian (or Kheldian-like) AT from the ground up using some of the fancy new tech that has been added since.