Build made just needs cleaning up (Grav/NRG)

HachiMan2015

I really liked the concept here, and thought I'd share my own iteration of the build.

I'm not saying it achieves all of the goals set out by @HachiMan2015, but it serves my playstyle. The slotting and power choice advice was quite helpful! Dominators are a bit of foreign territory for me.

My permadom window is a bit tighter, which isn't ideal. If I am off, I'd love to know!

I've also lost a very meaningful amount of ranged defense, though S/L is still very similar. I really like the idea of using Power Up as a sort of opener - buff your defense for the Alpha and damage of your opener as well.

What I have in return is more proc optimization overall. Power Burst especially does much more damage. To be honest, I'm not certain that the procs in sleet are worth it, but there they are. I know they are not generally great in other rain powers.

I was also able to fit in Rune of Protection. This is a nice fallback measure to have in a tight spot, and helps save a slot to be used elsewhere by providing a mule for one of the global defense IOs. It's hard to resist grabbing it when we are already there!

Finally, I have snuck in almost complete -recharge immunity. This is something I value on all builds a bit more than most folks, and I see it being even more important on a Dom, so you can preserve your perma-dom timer.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Energy Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(9), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Apc-Acc/Rchg(13), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(13), GldJvl-Dam%(15)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(3), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(5), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(7)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(5)
Level 6: Hover -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), Ksm-ToHit+(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(A), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(46), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(48), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 10: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 12: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 14: Enflame -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(17), JvlVll-Dam%(31), PstBls-Dam%(46), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(43), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(43)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), ScrDrv-Dam%(21), Obl-%Dam(23), Erd-%Dam(25), Arm-Dam%(25)
Level 22: Rune of Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(40), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 28: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(29), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Hct-Dam%(34), TchofDth-Dam%(37)
Level 30: Tough -- HO:Ribo(A)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), ExpStr-Dam%(39), GldJvl-Dam%(40), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Sleet -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(42), PstBls-Dam%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45), TchofLadG-%Dam(46)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(45), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 47: Dimension Shift -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(31), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Energy Focus 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich

On 5/10/2021 at 5:29 PM, oedipus_tex said:

That's interesting that Enflame procs regularly. I guess connected to how it's technically not a toggle but a pet dropped every few seconds? Makes me want to rethink some slotting on it in general.

So, I have found that if you can get someone sitting still for a while, enflame stacks like crazy. When you marry it to something like caltrops, it goes insane.

I am wondering if I should drop damage procs into it!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hew said:

Enflame procs regularly

I have been running my iteration of the build, and am really pleased with proccy Enflame so far!

Currently I have a little damage slotting and two procs in it. Not yet fully set, but it still burns things down very handily. With this basic slotting (only level 19 so far), it burns down an even con minion in ~8-10 seconds all by itself, which is totally decent considering its low animation investment on a team or with a pet. I think it is a legitimately useful supplement to passive aoe damage on a dominator.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 11:28 AM, SuperPlyx said:

How do slot Sleet

If you are juicing enough recharge for perma-dom, It doesn't honestly need a lot of attention. I just threw a couple Winter ATOs in there for the set bonus and some incidental recharge. It's up every ~28 seconds, which is good.

Rain powers in general aren't that proc-friendly, so I ended up siphoning all of the procs I had in there at first for other purposes.

I just got Singy myself, and oh boy is this build fun! Just wormholing stuff onto Singy when solo while Enflame burns down the house, or combining spawns with wormhole when on teams, going to town with my big controls. I am very happy to have this guy as my first dom!

For you lovely people who have been working through this particular combo, I would love your input on my latest iteration.

I was really struggling to find a way to work teleport target into the build. I already had 4 pools. Speed, Fighting, and Sorcery are pretty integral to the build, so Flight seems the only viable drop. I'm not 100% certain if it is worth sacrificing a lotg and an early-game unique defense IO mule in hover, not to mention cheap-running combat maneuverability. I can still fly, at least.

The idea here is to have S/L defense with a strong baseline, and high enough that Power Up will push me beyond softcap on demand. The primary line of defense is of course the controls and singularity, but this is the slotting goal at least. I also happen to be a big proponent of recharge resistance as well.

My dream would be to keep these same basic power choices and build a stronger baseline of ranged defense as well. My last build tried to shore up ranged where possible, but this is harder to balance without hover while preserving my damage/proc slotting. I ended up bailing on any semblance of caring about ranged defense here to optimize the core goals, with the philosophy that it's not worth focus unless I can achieve ~32 or more.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Energy Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(9), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Apc-Acc/Rchg(13)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(3), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(5), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(5)
Level 6: Teleport Target -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(A), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(11), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(15)
Level 10: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(13), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg(46), Prv-Heal(50), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 12: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A)
Level 14: Enflame -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(17), JvlVll-Dam%(31), PstBls-Dam%(46), Ann-ResDeb%(48)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(43), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(43)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), ScrDrv-Dam%(21), Obl-%Dam(23), Erd-%Dam(25), Arm-Dam%(25)
Level 22: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 24: Kick -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(50)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(40), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(42), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(43)
Level 28: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(29), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Hct-Dam%(34), TchofDth-Dam%(37)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(34), SlbAll-Build%(45)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), ExpStr-Dam%(39), GldJvl-Dam%(40), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Sleet -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(45), Rct-ResDam%(45), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46)
Level 47: Dimension Shift -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(31), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Energy Focus 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich