Recharge in Command of the Mastermind?

TheMoncrief

So, umm, why the heck does the Command of the Mastermind ATO set have so much Recharge enhancement? Don't Mastermind pets specifically ignore any kind of Recharge buff or enhancement? I suppose for sets like Thugs it helps things like Gang War, but it seems kind of weird considering that many Mastermind primaries have no pet powers except the major three that can take the ATO's.

I suppose it helped a little back when MM pet summon powers had long recharge times, but it seems painfully obsolete now. I don't really expect it to change, I'm just sharing my head-scratching confusion here.

I, and a few others, brought this up in the Beta forums when the changes were first made.

There are only 4 powers across ALL of the Mastermind Primary and Secondary powersets that accept that ATO set, AND benefit from the recharge enhancement. Those powers are Gang War, Soul Extraction, Hell on Earth, and Tornado.

The short answer is currently its not going to be changing, but might be looked at later. @Faultline did some digging in the database pre-change and saw how often the set is used for the four powers that can actually benefit from it, and its a pretty small percentage. But because the change would mess with those builds, and the change is still rather new, I'm not sure anything will come of it.

It's insanely good for your secondary though. Lots of support sets benefit from perma hasten levels of recharge quite alot, especially when it lets you perma debuffs, double stack things like acid mortar or tar patch, etc. 

Like, I split the set that gives 10% with just 2 slots across 2 pets on my builds to get double 10% recharge out of just 4 enhancement slots and it's fucking awesome. If you build around making your secondary powerful for supporting pets and teammates those pet sets are actually truly goddamn awesome, you get more mileage out of recharge on an MM than you think if you pick the right secondary to go with your primary. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheSpiritFox said:

It's insanely good for your secondary though. Lots of support sets benefit from perma hasten levels of recharge quite alot, especially when it lets you perma debuffs, double stack things like acid mortar or tar patch, etc. 

Like, I split the set that gives 10% with just 2 slots across 2 pets on my builds to get double 10% recharge out of just 4 enhancement slots and it's fucking awesome. If you build around making your secondary powerful for supporting pets and teammates those pet sets are actually truly goddamn awesome, you get more mileage out of recharge on an MM than you think if you pick the right secondary to go with your primary. 

But that's global recharge, not the enhanced recharge from the IOs themselves. I'll agree that global recharge is amazing.

23 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

But that's global recharge, not the enhanced recharge from the IOs themselves. I'll agree that global recharge is amazing.

Oh I misread. Yeah recharge enhancement is at this point entirely pointless. Replace it with endmod and give pets an endurance recovery buff instead

Edited by TheSpiritFox

6 minutes ago, TheSpiritFox said:

Oh I misread. Yeah recharge enhancement is at this point entirely pointless. Replace it with endmod and give pets an endurance recovery buff instead

As pets don't have any inherent endmod powers (they don't get Stamina, like we do) I'm not sure adding endmod will actually do anything to them at all.