Blaster DPS sheet nobody asked for

Underfyre

1 minute ago, underfyre said:

image.png.aef7b865f32943afbaabdd3723bbe255.png

This box? Mine isn't replicating.

I'm guessing you had to have changed something, but I can't imagine what it could have been that would set that off.

My guess is, you're using excel while I dont have excel (I'm using the excel program built into Google drive). I dont have checkbooks so I just type in true. 

Nonetheless, I bet that is t what actually causes the issue. You are pulling values from cells that are likely functions. Excel probably treats those cells as a 0 when it's empty, but Google drive might not be

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, Bopper said:

My guess is, you're using excel while I dont have excel (I'm using the excel program built into Google drive). I dont have checkbooks so I just type in true. 

Nonetheless, I bet that is t what actually causes the issue. You are pulling values from cells that are likely functions. Excel probably treats those cells as a 0 when it's empty, but Google drive might not be

I do everything in Google drive, no exporting to an outside program. So that might be it. I know when I've pulled sheets for other games that were made in excel they don't work super well in google, and vice versa.

I think excel treats a check box as 0 where Google treats them as true/false

1 minute ago, underfyre said:

I do everything in Google drive, no exporting to an outside program. So that might be it. I know when I've pulled sheets for other games that were made in excel they don't work super well in google, and vice versa.

I think excel treats a check box as 0 where Google treats them as true/false

I was able to resave it into my Drive and the checkboxes work now. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Yeah, I was originally using open office, which was where my original "I don't get it" comes from.  Google drive works.

I've long held the feeling that Aim isn't actually worth using.  I'm hoping for vindication or repudiation.

Edited by DarknessEternal

Options for adding the Pool powers.

1) Just add the attacks to the bottom of the sheet, ignore everything else.

Pros:

Takes up less space on the Ability# block that kind of only has 6 spaces to expand in to

Cons:

Doesn't allow for coding idiosyncrasies of certain abilities.

Can't track toggles to gauge End/s

2) Make 4 individual drop downs for 4 pool selections

Pros:

Can move Assault and Tactics to those slots. Can properly account for all abilities

Cons:

Even more abilities that have to be "slotted" and accounted for on users end.

Have to move everything down to make space for 4 slots, which may or may not mess things up across the sheet.

Have the expand the Ability# block to account for 20 new abilities, which will then be between 0-43. Screen only shows 35 comfortably.

Those are my ideas for now. Adding the stuff isn't a TON of work, I just need to make a new page for pool powers and fill in the data. After that I can just copy a block and insert the new vlookup cells.

2 hours ago, underfyre said:

Options for adding the Pool powers.

1) Just add the attacks to the bottom of the sheet, ignore everything else.

Pros:

Takes up less space on the Ability# block that kind of only has 6 spaces to expand in to

Cons:

Doesn't allow for coding idiosyncrasies of certain abilities.

Can't track toggles to gauge End/s

2) Make 4 individual drop downs for 4 pool selections

Pros:

Can move Assault and Tactics to those slots. Can properly account for all abilities

Cons:

Even more abilities that have to be "slotted" and accounted for on users end.

Have to move everything down to make space for 4 slots, which may or may not mess things up across the sheet.

Have the expand the Ability# block to account for 20 new abilities, which will then be between 0-43. Screen only shows 35 comfortably.

Those are my ideas for now. Adding the stuff isn't a TON of work, I just need to make a new page for pool powers and fill in the data. After that I can just copy a block and insert the new vlookup cells.

Try a layout like this. Expand the Abilities to another column which can handle up to 4 pool selections (notice I also include 6th slot powers like Jaunt, just in case that matters. I would rename your "Pool" sheet to "Epic", then make a new "Pool" sheet to hold all the pool power options.

I also added a Huge Accuracy (11%) option as that was missing in your previous version. I moved the Legend to the top left so that it is hopefully the first thing someone sees before editing. 

image.thumb.png.b6571f4a961acfade42d0c2ef4019b44.png

Side-by-siding it is an option, but I don't think I can get the INDEX function work like that. I could just make a new set of indexed cells and hide those, then arrange them like yours and just not reference those. Like the Hasten/Unrelenting/Adrenal cells usually have white text in them and I just expose them when I'm working with them. I just forgot to white them out again. Don't mind this, I'm just thinking out loud...

If you really poke around my sheets you'll find stuff hidden all over the place, like the 0.5PPM for Reach for the Limit. I should assume for the lowest common denominator to be using the sheet and not do that, but if they break it they can download a new copy lol

2 minutes ago, underfyre said:

Side-by-siding it is an option, but I don't think I can get the INDEX function work like that. I could just make a new set of indexed cells and hide those, then arrange them like yours and just not reference those. Like the Hasten/Unrelenting/Adrenal cells usually have white text in them and I just expose them when I'm working with them. I just forgot to white them out again. Don't mind this, I'm just thinking out loud...

If you really poke around my sheets you'll find stuff hidden all over the place, like the 0.5PPM for Reach for the Limit. I should assume for the lowest common denominator to be using the sheet and not do that, but if they break it they can download a new copy lol

You know your formulas more intimately so I don't know if this would work for you, but what I've done in the past when I've used essentially multiple look up tables is to chain it.

I will look up one table, and if it fails I have it look up the second table. If it doesn't fail it returns the proper item. It complicates the formula slightly, but once you get one right it becomes easy to copy/paste.

6 hours ago, Sunsette said:

I don't know if the sheet is calculating Surveillance correctly -- my resistance and damage numbers all decrease when it is added in, which is very strange with an Achilles' Heel proc.

Looks like I missed that too. Same goes for Melt Armor in that slot. But I left the Defiance data there for Melt Armor and never made it so the data was only fetched only if it was Melt Armor.

Went through all the data for primaries, secondaries and epics to make sure I didn't miss anything else. Spoiler alert: I did. Fixed all of those. Pointed the Defense and Resist formulas to those cells. Now I just need to remember everything I fixed so I can put it in the new sheet I'm working on with the 20 new pool slots in it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, underfyre said:

New version with Pool powers up. Lot's of other fixes/adjustmentations.

Got a list of adjustments? It'll help folks checking the sheet to know where to look for verification and validation. 

1 hour ago, DarknessEternal said:

I'm consistently getting Spectral Radial as higher dps than Reactive Radial.  That seems like an error somewhere.

It does. They do the same damage, and one debuffs resistance. So one of two things is happening. The most likely is that my new calc for Reactive is messed up somewhere. Or you picked a Resist set that is low on Negative. I'll look into it.

What sets were you using and what rotation?

10 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Build Up calculations:

How much Build Up is left if any:
=if(Ability#=[Build Up #], 10,(if([cell to the left]>0,[cell to the left]-[Time of this column])))

If that cell >0, modify Damage.

Believe me, I've considered something like this. But the way I currently have damage bonuses calculated, and the way everything is averaged, it would make for really dirty math. All bonuses are calculated in a lump sum at the power. Essentially it's BASE_DAMAGE * (1 + ENH% + GLOBAL%). That's then multiplied by (1 + RES%). So to tack that on to the end would be multiplying for a third time.

I think to do it like that I would have to retool the entire sheet, have it pull the base damage data, then some how how it also fish up the enhancement data for the ability, then add in global damage bonuses. Right now the best I can do is just throw an COUNTIF(Ability#) into Build Up/Aim to only allow for them to be active if they're in the rotation. I have an idea of how I can retool the rotation data, but fuck... it's already making my brain hurt.

But yes, when I was doing my testing I was optimizing where I cast Aim to make sure hard hitting abilities that weren't reliant on procs were getting the bonus, and that is definitely a downfall of a sheet working on averages and buffs that last for 5.25s-10s.