What missions do you autocomplete?

10 hours ago, Techwright said:

The starter Incarnate mission where Lady Gray sends you, with warning to get a team, to fight the Honoree.   I'd really prefer not to skip it, but I've yet to have a character at that level capable of soloing it, and I've never been able to recruit a team for just a single mission.

Weirdly, the only character of mine that's been able to solo that one was my Demons/Nature Mastermind; neither tanks nor brutes were able to finish. I think it was because I could sit back behind my pets healing them after I parked them back in the next room and used the origin permatemp  power to pull just the Honoree.

But for the first mission I autocomplete, it's always the "Defeat 10 Circle of Thorns" mission you get from talking to the Perez Park security chief at level 5 or 6, when the CoT you'd be facing are 8-10 and in groups.

• Like 1

Any "defeat all" missions inserted as filler into a story arc.  The most frequent example I routinely autocomplete is the defeat all Crey in the Patron Power Pool arc for Black Scorpion.  There's also one in the first Wincott arc to defeat all Outcasts in a base which is exactly as boring as it sounds.  A lot of the older blue side story arcs have these kinds of missions as filler, without any meaningful story info, clues, or souvenirs.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

People have already mentioned these, but...

• The Honoree mission from Mender Ramiel, Not only is is hard (two EBs with swarms of adds) but it will almost always be undertaken by a character who has just turned 50, and does not have their 50 enhancements set up.
  • The bombs 'n' hostages mission from the 'join the Vanguard' arc. Actually I'll autocomplete any mission where you have to find multiple hostages on a wide open outdoor map.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I

• Stop 30 Fir Bolg from entering the portal (Skipper LeGrange) - Who doesn't skip this?  It's a kill-all in disguise across a giant outdoor map and it's super boring guarding the portal solo.

*raises hand* I don't. I love that mission, and try to get zero escapes - which I typically do.  You can move around and get some groups before they escape, even on a lower damage character.  Honestly I like pretty much all of the Croatoa arcs.

What I autocomplete... hmm. The only one I can think of that I regularly do is the... second? one from Levantra where you rescue the longbow squad. Not because it's hard. I just find whatserface to be annoying. She can go save herself.

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Marchand finale vs. Calvin Scott, unless I’m running a team or a really powerful toon. I usually get my arse handed to me. Damned land mines!

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I'm on the verge of deciding to just autocomplete any "board transit" mission that uses that factory map or the city neighborhood map - the big one that's used for the "rescue the congressman and six of his aides" mission. The factory map is just infuriating. The neighborhood map is too damned big with entirely too many possible places for the "hostages" to spawn. Both maps end up taking entirely too long.

Hmm, a couple are pretty much a must skip for me

Second "Defeat all Longbow in base" from Mako's patron arc. First one is very short and easily doable but second one is a pain.

Defeat Honoree and Captain something from Mender Ramiel story arc

Sometimes I also skip last mish on Maria Jenkin's arc just because I'm fed up of repeating said arc for accolades in different chars but that one depends on mood

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

17 hours ago, Kyksie said:
  • The Honoree mission from Mender Ramiel, Not only is is hard (two EBs with swarms of adds) but it will almost always be undertaken by a character who has just turned 50, and does not have their 50 enhancements set up.

I keep seeing this mentioned and really have to wonder how people are running it. I may make a thread on that...

• Like 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

I keep seeing this mentioned and really have to wonder how people are running it. I may make a thread on that...

It's quite beatable on a fully tricked out character. The thing is, as soon as a guy dings 50, the first thing I want is the Alpha unlock so further XP can go toward higher Incarnate unlocks. So, a character attempting it is likely running on crappy 45 SOs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyksie said:

It's quite beatable on a fully tricked out character. The thing is, as soon as a guy dings 50, the first thing I want is the Alpha unlock so further XP can go toward higher Incarnate unlocks. So, a character attempting it is likely running on crappy 45 SOs.

I run it as soon as I hit 50. My characters don't tend to be "fully tricked out," and as I've mentioned elsewhere, I don't tend to do "builds" either, so if anything's capped, I'm probably running a Fire tank and Fire resist is capped (which you almost can't avoid.)  And I have the same attitude about the Alpha unlock - I want it through that mission arc so I "waste" (in my opinion) as little Incarnate XP as possible.

Edited by Greycat

1 minute ago, Kyksie said:

So much "this" to this. 

I'm very content with my slotting at 50.  I actually swap in my purps and catalyze my ATO/WOs before I begin Ram so beating 2 EB even con isn't an issue, I just want to be earning iSalvage asap.

3 hours ago, Kyksie said:

That would definitely explain our difference in experience to it. 

I level super slowly, turning off XP for long  stretches along the way.  It's very common for me to to activate "No XP" immedinately upon accepting a group invite, because I want to have fun grouping with friends, BUT, I don't want to skip past content that I'd wanted to do AT CONTENT levels.  

The flip side of that, is that I slot IO sets (attuned) at their minimum level, and build them up as I go. When I ding 50, I'm pretty much already fully kitted out. I'll often do a respec at 50 to juggle some slots around, steal one slot from this power to give to that power, etc. But the only time I use basic IO's or SO's is if the power is incapable of taking sets.  So yea, when I'm doing the Ramiel arc, I'm already fully ready to go.  (Not unusual for me to be carrying a pocket Shivan temp power from lvl 25 onward, just in case I need to drop an "I Win" button.... when I decide the game is just being sufficiently unfair, I throw down the Shivan and say "right back at you ,pal")

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, MTeague said:

That would definitely explain our difference in experience to it. 

I level super slowly, turning off XP for long  stretches along the way.  It's very common for me to to activate "No XP" immedinately upon accepting a group invite, because I want to have fun grouping with friends, BUT, I don't want to skip past content that I'd wanted to do AT CONTENT levels.  

The flip side of that, is that I slot IO sets (attuned) at their minimum level, and build them up as I go. When I ding 50, I'm pretty much already fully kitted out. I'll often do a respec at 50 to juggle some slots around, steal one slot from this power to give to that power, etc. But the only time I use basic IO's or SO's is if the power is incapable of taking sets.  So yea, when I'm doing the Ramiel arc, I'm already fully ready to go.  (Not unusual for me to be carrying a pocket Shivan temp power from lvl 25 onward, just in case I need to drop an "I Win" button.... when I decide the game is just being sufficiently unfair, I throw down the Shivan and say "right back at you ,pal")

This is exactly how I play and build my characters. I don't always turn off XP, but I do rather frequently just so I can play story arcs I've never done before, or feel would be good for that character's development.

I've also found that slotting things as I reach the level they become available, is rather more economical. I'm not losing several hundred million INF in one go, so I don't need to change my once-a-week market blast money-making scheme. 

• Like 1

Villian side join the midnighters. 

That one kill all in black scorpions arc.

Most kill alls. For some odd reason its cot or longbow on a the largest map you can think of. I dont mind small map no witnesses missions. 

Twinshot. Im kidding. Reddit the written mission is terrible and should never be done.

The Black Scorpion mission people mentioned.

The incarnate Sister Solaris mission when you are on the boat beating the tentacles.

Sometimes the incarnate Sister Solaris mission where you are searching in the haze.

• Like 1

I rarely autocomplete, but the ones that tempt me the most are:

1) Any in the outdoor factories where you have to hunt down multiple objects or mobs.  Takes longer to find stuff than anything else.

2)  I forget who gives it, but find 12 Mages in the Orobenga caves with Malta.

3) Dream Doctor : Do the Diabolique Trial.  It's not that I don't do the trial, but hate having that hang over me.

All those "contact's personal story" missions.  I've played them all once, I don't need to play them again, you don't have sprint or swift so they're a slog to run through, and I just want to get the contact out of my active list.

"Defeat Crimson" from I think it's Shadow Spider?  A failable mission with a running AV with Quickness.  Proof that the  devs hated villains.  Eff that noise.

I also skip "Protect the Henge" but I don't skip "Stop 30 Fir Bolg," since I can at least clear spawns while waiting for the next wave instead of sitting there doing nothing.

"Stop the Legacy Chain army," totally pointless, they don't even give badge credit, and the buggers run and hide under the docks so you have to hunt them down before the next wave will spawn.

On 5/8/2021 at 11:49 PM, RikOz said:

The neighborhood map is too damned big with entirely too many possible places for the "hostages" to spawn.

That's funny, because there are only a limited number of places where the hostages appear, and it's not hard to take a route that passes through or by all of them. Or maybe that's just the way my memory works, so that I remember them easily; I did remember a 27-present loop for the holiday event from before the Snap, so...

I am a very bad man, I autocomplete all missions that aren't not-o-completes (bank missions and badge missions).

Allow me to explain.

I have 104 toons and I want to have as much content completed as possible, with each one. So I have split them into 3 roughly equal chunks and go through each chunk once every 3 days. It takes approximately 3 minutes each so about hour and a half per day. I played on Live for all but 2 weeks so I am not missing anything I haven't seen dozens of times before.

I do run the new content normally of course, and also play daily with a friend and sometimes my kids as well.

Please don't hate me 🙏

On 5/8/2021 at 10:02 PM, GastlyGibus said:

Stop 30 Fir Bolg entering door - Skipper LeGrange

Everyone skips this one, and for good reason. It's one of the most boring missions in the game. I usually don't mind tedium with fighting a bunch of bad guys, but the time between each wave spawn is so damn long and you end up sitting in this mission for close to twenty minutes.

No way I'm ever skipping it. Its the only real form of mission variety that was added after I first played the game.

1 hour ago, DarknessEternal said:

I don't even know how.

Talk to the contact that gave you the mission (or read the paper/scanner, or check the tip).  In most cases there's an option to "Complete the mission from this contact," which is available once every three or four days.  You can't skip timed missions, or any mission if you're in a Task Force/Ouroboros Flashback.  I think there's also a few specific missions you can't skip either, but I can't recall which those may be.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 5/11/2021 at 6:27 PM, MrAxe said:

No way I'm ever skipping it. Its the only real form of mission variety that was added after I first played the game.

If the mission were updated so that the time between spawns wasn't so long, it'd probably be fun. As it stands now, though, they spawn too far away and so infrequently that more than half of your mission time is spent standing there doing nothing.

But wait, "fight other mobs in-between spawns" I hear you say! Well, that really depends on the character I'm playing on. Other stupid thing is the spawns don't announce their presence, or really make any indication at all that they've spawned, so running around fighting the other mobs, if you're not on a high damage character, risks them getting in the door and failing.

That's just my thought process on it. If you like it, go nuts. That's why the auto-complete function exists. If you like it, you can play it. If you don't? Skip!

Edited by GastlyGibus

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.