What missions do you autocomplete?

On 5/12/2021 at 6:39 PM, GastlyGibus said:

If the mission were updated so that the time between spawns wasn't so long, it'd probably be fun. As it stands now, though, they spawn too far away and so infrequently that more than half of your mission time is spent standing there doing nothing.

But wait, "fight other mobs in-between spawns" I hear you say! Well, that really depends on the character I'm playing on. Other stupid thing is the spawns don't announce their presence, or really make any indication at all that they've spawned, so running around fighting the other mobs, if you're not on a high damage character, risks them getting in the door and failing.

That's just my thought process on it. If you like it, go nuts. That's why the auto-complete function exists. If you like it, you can play it. If you don't? Skip!

Well, no, you don't have to be on a high damage character. Even on a lower damage one, I can typically clear from the barn to the henge, then do spawn - static mob - spawn - static mob. It's rare they don't come along the barn or through its field.  Pretty much just "watch for anything actually moving ."

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I tend to auto-complete Maria Jenkin's first mission, against infernal. He's already in her arc, so no need to beat him down twice. But, if I'm playing a fiery aura brute or tank, I might just set it to +4/8 and PL myself a bit. 

Occasionally, I will auto-complete the mission against Honoree and Captain Dietrich in the unlock alpha arc. Just depends. 

I have only rarely auto-completed that "stop 30 fir bolg from entering the door" and the other final mission of Buck Salinger's arc, also in Croatoa, where the red caps keep trying to prevent the ritual.  I kind of like them. 

Not a fan of the "Fir Bolg Zerg" mish, that one's worth skipping.

I kinda like fighting Honoree, takes a bit of that "stragedy" thing I keep hearing about.

I try to avoid skipping the last mish in an arc, they are usually above average, plus I feel all cheaty.

When I'm running a Villain, I try to autocomplete mishes strategically, so I get to feel all cheaty!*

* I'll have to try the "raise the diff to max, then autocomplete" trick next time I'm redside.

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• 11 months later
On 5/8/2021 at 12:24 PM, Techwright said:

The starter Incarnate mission where Lady Gray sends you, with warning to get a team, to fight the Honoree.   I'd really prefer not to skip it, but I've yet to have a character at that level capable of soloing it, and I've never been able to recruit a team for just a single mission.    It's frustrating, but I need to move forward, so I auto-complete it.   I'd probably have better luck recruiting a team if there were, say, 3 missions at team-strength level back-to-back.

A week or two ago, I had just hit 50 with a MM and didn't want to deal with this mission.  So as soon as Mender Ramiel tells me to go talk to Lady Gray, I think, "Yeah, I know how this goes.  Autocomplete!"

Then I realize I had only autocompleted the part where I talk to Lady Gray.  Not the part where I have to go fight the Honoree. 

Oops.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

On 5/6/2022 at 12:26 PM, Zhym said:

Then I realize I had only autocompleted the part where I talk to Lady Gray.  Not the part where I have to go fight the Honoree. 

I've forgotten how many times I received the "Talk to the Perez Park Security Chief" mission at level 6 or 7 and autocompleted it before remembering that it just accepts the "defeat 10 Circle of Thorns in Perez Park" mission, where the spawns are all 5-9 mobs at least two levels higher than I am.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 6:36 AM, Tachstar said:

Missions in a blue cave with that <bleepity bleep!> cake room.

This!

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I found a new one to autocomplete on future characters: The Sister Solaris part of the DA arc; the finale(?) where you have to fight your way through multiple spawns of multiple Boss-level monsters in Cimerora. I successfully completed that one on my first Incarnate character, but she's a fire/fire/fire blaster. She was able to stay airborne and fight at range, mostly out of danger from most of the monsters. She's also the one that soloed Marchand's entire arc in Brickstown at level 35.

My second incarnate character to go through the whole DA story was my dual blades/SR scrapper. Yeah, she wasn't soloing crowds of giant Bosses. I tried, oh how I tried. But it just wasn't happening. So I'll be autocompleting that particular mission on most future alts, particularly melee alts.