How do you run... Mender Ramiel's Honoree mission?

Greycat

18 hours ago, Greycat said:

Finish the enemies. Don't touch the debris pile glowy. That's what triggers the portals in the Honoree room. (As well as the EBs.)

Thanks!  Guess I've been doing this the hard way on my Stalkers.  Well... sort of.  I usually have Moonbeam (snipe) and one-shot the portals one by one.  The summoned gang around the portal comes after me and I beat them down.  Rise. Repeat.   During this time, most of the ambushes arrive, but fortunately not while I am battling EBs.   

Finally, it's just the two EBs left.  Snipe the Captain.  Beat him.  Then go beat the Honoree.

Next time I can play it a bit smarter!

2 Ultimates

9 super reds

9 super purples

My old strategy was half small purples, half small reds; that buys two minutes which is usually enough. Then I ran it on my ice/cold controller; even with cold doing what it does and Jack basically a perfect little tank, it took forever to whittle the Honoree down; this after getting slammed with CoW. Now, no more messing around. I've only done it on a psi/wp scrapper with the new loadout; she probably could have gotten by without any inspirations, but it's good to set a precedent.

On squishies/ranged characters, pick off the portals and Rikti and wait out the ambushes before tackling the AVs. Melee goes straight for Holtz, knocks out the portals, then finishes off the Honoree (usually knocking the rest of the Rikti out with AoEs along the way).

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Never knew the debris pile caused the portals. Neat!

As for how I do the mission, I either eat purples (To try and avoid that dang curse) and reds (because Damage is King) and go to town (some builds really like having all of the portal Rikti swarming around to feed aura powers etc), or I team up we steamroll it.

18 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

I've never had any trouble getting the EBs to engage me one at a time... If you don't have a ranged attack in your primary or secondary, pick up a Nemesis Staff or Blackwand from P2W. Target the one you want to take out first, fire it at the longest range you can, duck back around the corner and the one you popped ought to come after you, leaving the other in place. They aren't aggro-linked. or anything like that. 

This

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On my one scrapper, many tanks and any defender or controller with strong debuffs (like my earth/rad troller), I solo it without any prep work.  I clear every enemy possible before touching the debris pile.  Then I charge in, take out the portals, take out Holtz and then the Honoree.

On squishier characters (my empathy defender, blasters, etc), I do ONE critical piece of prep work.  I ask my girlfriend to bring a tank.  🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 5/9/2021 at 3:01 PM, Coyotedancer said:

I've never had any trouble getting the EBs to engage me one at a time... If you don't have a ranged attack in your primary or secondary, pick up a Nemesis Staff or Blackwand from P2W. Target the one you want to take out first, fire it at the longest range you can, duck back around the corner and the one you popped ought to come after you, leaving the other in place. They aren't aggro-linked. or anything like that.

The bigger the ranged attack, the more likely it is that the other EB will aggro, too; what I do is to make a Grant Invisibility buff at an empowerment station before I start, then use my origin throwaway power -- Throwing Knives, Taser Dart, Apprentice Charm, Mutagen, or Tranq Dart -- on the one in the front. Hitting them with it is okay, but missing is better -- it still aggros the one you threw the attack at, but it's enormously less likely to draw aggro from the other. Then I just backpedal out into the previous room and wait for them to come to me.

I autocomplete not out of fear of the mission but rather I want my incarnate stuff and I want it asap.  The 5-10-15ish minutes (including travel) spent on this could be spent opening interface and judgement by beginning Heather's arc.

16 hours ago, srmalloy said:

The bigger the ranged attack, the more likely it is that the other EB will aggro, too; what I do is to make a Grant Invisibility buff at an empowerment station before I start, then use my origin throwaway power -- Throwing Knives, Taser Dart, Apprentice Charm, Mutagen, or Tranq Dart -- on the one in the front. Hitting them with it is okay, but missing is better -- it still aggros the one you threw the attack at, but it's enormously less likely to draw aggro from the other. Then I just backpedal out into the previous room and wait for them to come to me.

I don't think that's true in this case.  Or I just got insanely lucky.  If Build Up->Moonbeam from a hidden Stalker on Holtz didn't aggro Weakened Honoree, I am not sure what would unless it's an actual AoE that hits them both.

Soloed this last night on a blaster (+1/x3). Pulled each EB off the bridge into the next room, popped one medium purple per EB and defeated each before it ran out. Had a lot more difficulty with the Vanguard Boss in the final mission.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller