Arachnos Flier Giving Reward Merts in MLTF

Apparition

Unlike the Kronos Titan in the Lord Recluse Strike Force, the Arachnos Flier grants six reward merits upon defeat in addition to a badge.  The Arachnos Flier in the MLTF is listed as a Transport, not a Giant Monster unlike its counterpart in Grandville.  Per the Homecoming Wiki, it was apparently confirmed by Castle in early 2009 that the Arachnos Flier granting reward merits in the MLTF was a bug that he intended to fix, although the actual confirmation itself is lost to the sands of time.

Just curious if this will ever be corrected, or if it has been deemed not a bug by Homecoming developers.

If you are going to adjust merits for MLTF then equate it to redside LRSF. Currently without the extra flier merits MLTF gives 12 more merits than the equivalent redside TF. You complete them roughly in the same amount of time on less than world record speedrun timings.

Edited by zenblack
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, zenblack said:

If you are going to adjust merits for MLTF then equate it to redside LRSF. Currently without the extra flier merits MLTF gives 10 more merits than the equivalent redside TF. You complete them roughly in the same amount of time on less than world record speedrun timings.

Yeah.  There's no real reason IMO that MLTF gives 37 reward merits (43 with the Arachnos flier), and LRSF gives 25 reward merits when they both require about the same amount of time on average and are similar in difficulty.  Heck, I'd say that LRSF should give more reward merits than the MLTF considering that it usually takes about three or four times as long to fill a team for. :P  Red side is scary, I suppose.  But I digress.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 2