Naming Issue

Stunrunner

Posting on behalf of a fellow player, who is currently online.

Player A wanted to reroll their character.  They had the name Cryo(xxxx).  They deleted the character, started a new creation, and input the name at the bottom to reserve it during creation.  It came up unavailable.

Now, even given it took about 3-5 seconds to start a new toon, it may have been possible for someone to grab the name, via bad luck/timing.  But, Player A then tried other naming combinations, and found that anything starting with Cry- or Cryo- was getting rejected by the system.

I was online, and I logged out to try for myself.  It was true.  Anytime I tried to reserve a name starting with Cry- or Cryo-, I was getting the red X on the search bar.  I doubt anyone is actually named Cryomuumuu or Cryalamama, I think there is some sort of error.  I also tried Muumuucry, and still was rejected.  Something about the letter combination seems to be triggering something.

Anyone know what happened?

A quick test sample show that any name which starts Cry no longer is able to be created, Cry can be used if it isnt the first 3 letters. Logic would dictate that this is an intended, although unannounced change and an "banned" name list has been put into effect.

• City Council

The word according to our good friend Telephone:

Not being able to create characters whose name starts with Cr is definitely a bug. We will get it fixed. For the time being, please contact a GM (either in-game or by filing a ticket) and they can help you by renaming your character.
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!