Where is all the cold damage?

BLVD

Two suggestions: 

1) Cold damage proc. Pretty straight forward.. there are procs for every damage type except cold. 

2) You very rarely see cold damage in the game outside of winter events. The rare cold dmg mobs that actually exist never feel like a threat. It'll be something like a Council minion hitting you with cyronic rounds or a CoT Ice Thorn Caster throwing a snowball at you. It would be nice to see some bosses added that have access to hard hitting cold powers like Freezing Touch, Frost, Bitter Ice Blast, and Water Jet. 

I think a big issue with the lack of cold damage is that it makes Radiation Armor perform way better than other sets. Its biggest weakness is rarely seen in the game. Other sets' weaknesses are plentiful like toxic, psionic, negative, and energy. 

Edited by tan702
  • Like 3

Banished Pantheon in DA

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

3 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

I'd say make some more NPCs and give them access to powers from Water Blast.

More Coralax maybe? Water themed Outcasts and Circle Mages? Maybe even Tsoo and Banished Pantheon bosses?

And maybe make a Secondary Water-themed powerset?

• Like 1

There's more cold damage than you think, although its primarily circle of thorns and still not a lot. Their demon ghost actually do negative energy/ice similar to dark Astoria demons. And they also have the less seen Hellfrost bosses and the even rarer Blade Princes. It'd be great to get more of them showing up places.

• Like 1

Enhancement set names:

Cold Snap
Boreal
Flash Freeze
Frostbite

Glaciate
Chilling Wave
Brittle Transition
Shattering Freeze
Deep Freeze

Benumb (slow set)
Rapid Condensation
Negentropy
Polar Express (j/k)

Frigiate

Icy Tomb (hold set, not that holds need more damage procs I guess)

Ithaqua's Breath

Edited by aethereal
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Vanden said:

Maybe we could've had a cold damage proc by now if somebody

*👈👈👈*

had been able to come up with a name for an IO set that sounded like it would do cold damage...

Personally, I like Bitterfrost Bombardment, though @aethereal has a few awesome sounding names there.

20 hours ago, Monos King said:

There's more cold damage than you think, although its primarily circle of thorns and still not a lot. Their demon ghost actually do negative energy/ice similar to dark Astoria demons. And they also have the less seen Hellfrost bosses and the even rarer Blade Princes. It'd be great to get more of them showing up places.

This is very true.  Malta is another group using cold --> Liquid Nitrogen Round (Gunslingers)

• Like 1

I just made a thread about the lack of cold / smashing / lethal Interface DoT abilities.

I've also argued why Icicles should be dealing partial cold with some lethal instead of all lethal in a thread as well.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

On 5/10/2021 at 3:11 PM, tan702 said:

I think a big issue with the lack of cold damage is that it makes Radiation Armor perform way better than other sets. Its biggest weakness is rarely seen in the game. Other sets' weaknesses are plentiful like toxic, psionic, negative, and energy. 

It also makes ice armor underperform somewhat.  All that cold resistance (and slow resistance) it has that doesn't really do a whole lot the vast majority of the time.