The pains of being Melee

hakurr

In Groups, As in most things, communicating is very Important. I kind of think a lot of it comes down to how things have changed in gaming since this game came out.

There has been a steep decline in Team mechanics in MMOs in General, and an emphasis on Solo play.

A PuG is a Pick up GROUP, emphasis on GROUP, it only really becomes a TEAM when the members are working together. I love to TEAM with other Players, and put all our skills toward a common goal and usually find things go very quickly, especially if we do a bunch of missions together, and everyone seems to get what they want. I guess if I'm the Tank/Brute, that's what I want, everybody to have a good time, feel important to the TEAM, and be able to contribute.

A GROUP is just that, a collection of warm bodies, who may not even have the same goals, I prefer to play on a TEAM or SOLO, and honestly enjoy both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

i buy 4 ultimate inspirations each week to use on Really Hard Way Magisterium trial.  when (less now, i'm getting better at it) i get killed i bitch vociferously about the money Tyrant just cost me.  popping an ultimate to do fold space on random mobs....well, have fun with that.  i guess.

For one, the sg base has those for your use. And, most of us have farmers that can easily get these for you at no cost to you. Take advantage of this, please! That's what they're for! You pay it forward by your innate ability to criticize accents and other snarky commentary. 

• Haha 2

On 5/10/2021 at 7:21 PM, MTeague said:

This is a big part of why I solo as much as I do. 

I enjoy reading the NPC text, and the mission text. Doesn't matter if it's a story arc I've already done 20 times. I still like reading them. 

Teams won't wait. So I usually don't team.

I also take my time to read everything and enjoy the show.  I'd team with someone like you in a heartbeat.

Also: you listen to Zathras.  What's not to like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arcane said:

but to someone who makes at least one new purply 50 a week, the budget is a little tight for it 😞

Or, a new alt every 5-10 days and a bevy of half slotted, half built, half leveled variations on that constantly sucking money 😛

It is easier to just play 1 alt, but so many new toys makes it hard to do that!

9 hours ago, Hew said:

You mean, you werent ahead of combat on your brute, hit fs before the team got there, and got max targets on your soul drain?

Just trying to follow here.

sometimes there is no "ahead of combat" as you know.  You see the power pop up and you nudge your position slightly and activate.  When you do that right as some....ahem wizard pulls everyone through a warp away from you.....feels a little disappointing

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ukase said:

For one, the sg base has those for your use. And, most of us have farmers that can easily get these for you at no cost to you. Take advantage of this, please! That's what they're for! You pay it forward by your innate ability to criticize accents and other snarky commentary. 

i dont farm and make gajillions, but i do alright.  and the ability to snark about the cost....priceless

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 1:38 AM, Myrmidon said:

For the less tech-savvy, this can also be accomplished by placing Combat Teleport in Slot 1-2 and using your pinkie to activate.

You use your pinky to type the one key!?!?!? Sacrilege!  😄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Solarverse said:

You use your pinky to type the one key!?!?!? Sacrilege!  😄

Oh no, that’s usually side-button 1 or 2 on my mouse. My right thumb does most of the work.

• Haha 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

22 hours ago, Apparition said:

I have also seen a couple of people Wormhole/Fold Space Praetorian Warriors out of the blue patches on the Apex TF.

One caution with Wormhole if you have predefined macros for positioning your target (like "powexec_location back:max Wormhole" to pull mobs behind you to be whaled on) is that using 'up:max' for the destination will sometimes leave the transported mobs standing in mid-air well above you if you do it outside (or in an instanced outdoor map). They don't aggro when this happens, though, so it's an unreliable (most of the time, they just fall to the ground) way to move mobs out of your way ('left:max', 'right:max', or 'cam:max' are better for this if you have the room to shift them where they won't aggro when you go past them).