AR/Ta first sketch of a build.

Sovera

I have been playing different ATs from my beloved Tankers and I'm poking Blasters again.

So, AR has been recently changed but none seems to think it was enough because at least I see no AR builds posted since the AR tweak patch.

The damage seems a bit weak to my un-Blaster trained eye. AoEs hitting for 125-260 damage is nearly Defender levels. Ignite has a nice heavy feel to hit, but, 4y radius, really? Am I missing something? I know the mobs will run away from it straight away so I've tried proccing it out, immobilize and KD to make them sit there for a few seconds more.

The ST is also a bit puzzling without dipping into the secondary. Slug, Sniper Rifle, Slug, then something. Ignite, perhaps? With a bit of recharge in it  Ignite would recharge fast enough to do this.

Two second cast time for Ignite and Full Auto makes for decent use, and all the Bombardments and Intuition there is some outrageous range boost. Buckshot from 40 to 82, Full Auto from 80 to 164.

Piece de resistance is adding Oil Slick which Flame Thrower/Ignite ought to light up. Is a Tanker's agro aura even enough to handle all this fear?

I have not finished messing with it since bed beckons but I'll throw it in.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Assault Rifle
Secondary Power Set: Tactical Arrow
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Slug -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(7)
Level 1: Electrified Net Arrow -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 2: Buckshot -- Artl-Dam/End(A), Artl-Dam/Rech(29), Artl-Acc/Dam(29), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(31), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(31), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(33)
Level 4: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(9)
Level 6: M30 Grenade -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(9), Artl-Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(15), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(11), Rct-ResDam%(13)
Level 10: Upshot -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(15), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(17), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(17), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(19), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(19)
Level 12: Sniper Rifle -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Rchg(36), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 14: Afterburner -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 18: Flamethrower -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(45), Artl-Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(47), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(49), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(49)
Level 20: Eagle Eye -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal(48), PrfShf-End%(50)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 24: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Ignite -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(40), Rgn-Knock%(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), PstBls-Dam%(43), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(45)
Level 28: Gymnastics -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(42), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 30: Victory Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Full Auto -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Dam(33), Artl-Dam/End(33), Artl-Dam/Rech(34), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(34), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(34)
Level 35: Charged Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(42), TtnCtn-ResDam(43), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 38: Oil Slick Arrow -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(46)
Level 41: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), GldArm-3defTpProc(47)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(7)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 50: Agility Radial Boost
------------

8 hours ago, Sovera said:

Piece de resistance is adding Oil Slick which Flame Thrower/Ignite ought to light up. Is a Tanker's agro aura even enough to handle all this fear?

That is also why you pick up Glue Arrow.  The slow will keep everything in the ignited oil slick.  That plus putting in a KB to KD enh to your M80 Grenade will provide another avenue of CC to keep things burning in the 'Hot Zone'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tacheyon said:

That is also why you pick up Glue Arrow.  The slow will keep everything in the ignited oil slick.  That plus putting in a KB to KD enh to your M80 Grenade will provide another avenue of CC to keep things burning in the 'Hot Zone'.

Tbh I might still re-think TA. I'm not going to be balls deep in theme but still, dropping a state of the art (of war) multi-gun to plink wif a lil bow just jars me 😛 But it avoids the whole 'go into melee range' when there are enough AoEs to cycle (with a brutal range) until everything is dead.

3 hours ago, Tacheyon said:

This plus both Glue Arrow, OSA take slow enhancements while Glue Arrow takes slow sets as well.  Make 'em run really sloooooowly out of the area.

This is a Blaster.  The Superior Defiant Barrage, especially the rech/+status prot proc really needs to go in one of your primaries t1 or t2 or secondaries t1 powers so it can be used and hopefully proc while or if you are mezzed.

You may not need the HOs in Ignite, depending on global acc and To Hit buffs.  And therefore just use damage IOs boosted to +5's.  Or a single acc/dam paired with a dam IO both boosted.  I can't use the internet outside this phone to see what your build or numbers in Mids looks like.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nemu said:

I see you are a man of taste taking AR and TA

A true connoisseur of this combo will take this build in only 1 direction.

Unfortunately I gave it a go but it did not even get past level 15. So slow animating with huge gaps, so low damage, so much KB tax I'll have to dedicate slots in near every power. The Soldier of Arachnos gun&grenade focused version was much better despite the terribad ST damage.

My interest deflated and I've parked it.

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

Unfortunately I gave it a go but it did not even get past level 15. So slow animating with huge gaps, so low damage, so much KB tax I'll have to dedicate slots in near every power. The Soldier of Arachnos gun&grenade focused version was much better despite the terribad ST damage.

My interest deflated and I've parked it.

This build doesn't bloom till later.  At 15 you are right it is a bit lackluster.  Get a couple IO's into it and get at least to Full Auto, then decide.  Plus the only real power you need to put a KB to KD is M30 Grenade.  Slug and Buckshot are only 1.25 Mag, so they only fly a little back.

You don't take AR to be "Top Damage, OMG I MELTED THEM IN ONE CLICK", it just isn't the type of power (Fire and Water are those).

But then again I play mostly Controllers and MM's.  So I am used to waiting till late game to get really good powers and any damage is more then a Controllers.

• 5 weeks later

I have one at 50. Typical Range Cap Hover Blaster.. Though Range is at 44.something without hover..  
But regardless I don't need to tell you.. It works well.. solos 3/8 steady and can do 4/8 always mob dependent decent..

• 2 weeks later