Homecoming Code of Conduct Update - May 13th, 2021

Jimmy

• City Council

Hello everyone!

As of today, uploads and livestreams of gameplay footage will now be permitted on Homecoming, subject to the updated Video Policy in our Code of Conduct.

Check out the full update below:

Video & Streaming Policy

You are permitted to upload and livestream gameplay footage from Homecoming, provided that:

• Footage must not contain any content that violates the Code of Conduct, including (but not limited to) content that infringes any third-party copyrights, or other rules or guidelines that we may provide from time to time
  • All uploaded footage and live streams must be free to access for the viewer (however, standard monetization through platform-provided advertisements is permitted)

Any violations of these rules will result in action being taken against your account until the offending videos are taken offline. Continued violations will result in permanent action against your account and any other remedies available to us.

Although we allow for videos and livestreams (subject to the Code of Conduct), we cannot be held responsible for actions taken by third parties. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not break the rules of any video platform you choose to use, or otherwise infringe upon the rights of a third party.

Please keep in mind that Homecoming is still working to secure official use of the City of Heroes IP. Do not upload any footage which may portray the IP or Homecoming in a negative light, or we will be forced to revisit this policy.

Click here to read the full Code of Conduct

We’ve also put together a short video detailing some of the key dos and don’ts for creating videos and live streaming:

Note that our Video Policy, like the rest of the Code of Conduct, is subject to change. If we find that users are unable or unwilling to comply with our rules, we will be forced to revisit this policy.

To celebrate this change, @GM Tempest will be live-streaming our 2nd Anniversary Costume Contest on our Twitch channel this Saturday at 9pm UTC. See you there!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 27
  • Thanks 11

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Nice! Looking forward to seeing HC content on Twitch and other sites!

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

3 minutes ago, Dacy said:

Does this mean I can update my videos? They aren't livestreamed...but they were still on the "do not touch" list.

-Dacy

It says "Uploads and livestreams."

Also, this'll be nice for those occasions where you want to show something, either for a bug, a suggestion, that sort of thing.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• City Council
2 minutes ago, Dacy said:

Does this mean I can update my videos? They aren't livestreamed...but they were still on the "do not touch" list.

-Dacy

Hey Dacy,

The change applies to both videos and livestreams!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Y'all should send out an email blast about this to every account. This is legit huge news that could bring back a lot of lapsed players.

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

THANK YOU homecoming as you worked through the issues to make this happen.

Hey, where can I tune in and watch these videos you all complained you couldn't make  ???

Edited by duane

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

1 minute ago, Chainz said:

Would this be a good time to advertise my stream since i can now stream Coh *lol*

Perhaps a new forum where people can share their YouTubes/Twitches/Mixers/whatever videos and streams would be advisable.

4 minutes ago, HixxyDubz said:

"Do not upload any footage which may portray the IP or Homecoming in a negative light"

So criticism is not welcome?

Constructive criticism isn't portraying anything negative. Just stay away from behaviors that are generally unacceptable and from spreading unfounded rumors or the like. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wapsitax said:

Constructive criticism isn't portraying anything negative. Just stay away from behaviors that are generally unacceptable and from spreading unfounded rumors or the like. 

IDK, most AAA publishers like NCSoft seem allergic to criticism.

• Thanks 3