Homecoming Code of Conduct Update - May 13th, 2021

Jimmy

Just now, Wapsitax said:

To those asking for the reason, read this:

And deduce why the stream policy was likely put into place and what it means that it's been updated in such a manner it has been.

Because of the main part of the message I linked they very likely can't just come out and say exactly why the policy change happened. That's how legal negotiations tend to work.

Oh man I dig the yellow birdie image on that link 💛 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

58 minutes ago, America's Angel said:

Y'all should send out an email blast about this to every account. This is legit huge news that could bring back a lot of lapsed players.

No, they should not. Not everyone does videos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, ZephyrWind said:

I don't get it.  Why do we care about this?

Because it's the first step for Homecoming to come out more publicly.

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

I've never done streaming or game video posting myself.  I'm tempted to start the latter, but I've got too much RL to deal with at the moment.

That said I'm hoping someone(s) will make some spectacular training videos for new players.  I've been trying to get a pair of friends to join, and I realized the other day that what I take for granted comes from years of playing.  The nuances, especially the variations that are unique to Homecoming, would take a ton of time to explain to friends.  I'd love to be able to point them to a training series and say "Watch these, and we'll talk afterwards".

• Retired Developer
2 hours ago, ZephyrWind said:

I don't get it.  Why do we care about this?

BECAUSE NOW WE CAN BROADCAST OUR CRAZY OONTERVARE PAHRTIES!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

12 hours ago, Cipher said:

That is correct as long as the content / platform abides by the Code of Conduct (and the video policy therein).

This means no, you can not stream on Twitch, at least, not without the possibility of a ban on Twitch.

They probably won't do anything, but it is against Twitch' terms of service to stream unauthorized servers.  They have banned people in the past.  I doubt NCSoft will go after Twitch for it but I just want people to know that streaming Homecoming City of Heroes on Twitch is directly against their policies and they have acted on it many times before for other games.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

• City Council

For those asking about prior bans:

1. Nobody has been permanently banned just for posting videos
  2. We do not discuss individual cases with anyone but the player in question

Submit a private support ticket if you have further questions about this. A public forum is not the correct venue.

• Haha 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

17 hours ago, FriezaReturns00001 said:

But dunno this still seems like you guys don't want vods or streaming content to be done in the first place esp if you don't have the IP yet.

I assure you if they didn't want that they wouldn't have changed the policy to allow it. I'm honestly confused why you even think they don't want us streaming the game in the first place. 

I know I'm in a minority but I hate this change. I hate streaming culture, I don't want to invite Twitch streamers in, I just want to play the game. Bad change imo. 

Also like is there any actual word on "negotiations" cause at this point like after 2 years I would have expected to see more than "we're talking" that doesn't sound legit tbh. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox
  • Haha 3