ILLEGAL FOOTAGE (An 8v8 Arena/Zone PvP Vid)

M3z

On 5/13/2021 at 12:34 PM, M3z said:

With the ban lifted figured I'd finally post this. If you don't like the effects, I couldn't preview them on my trash computer so it wasn't easy to tune/change them.

Um what sound does a yoshi make?

Just some fun trivia about the video:

Probably took me around 60-100 hours to make. Had to scrub through 40+ hours of video footage of pvp from the past 12+ months picking out the kills that had some sort of clarity(very hard to find kills like that in the chaos of 8v8s). Also most of the kills in the video are from me so I had to look through the footage and figure out what kills were actually from me.

I also had to add in every sound you hear in there manually because all of the footage had team communication over them. The city of heroes sound library I found didn't have some of the newer sets from the sounds so I had to go record those myself(greater psi blade and assassin strike from psionic melee come to mind). Also the sounds aren't really labeled by their in game name so that took a while to sort through and figure out which sound goes to what set. So yeah if you couldn't tell the sounds were put in there manually than I did my job lol.

Just did this for fun, was watching a lot of BMX/skate videos and was inspired to edit something. Glad ya'll liked it, I know the people on reddit REALLY hated it for some reason. Here's what the final timeline looked like. What a mess!

314582526_illegalfootagetimeline.thumb.jpg.9145426d8940ef3e5f74ef1f7ca5ef5e.jpg

• Like 4

Reddit is gonna be reddit. But yeah at first I thought you just had all gameplay sounds on 0% and would raise the volume when you got kills but after watching it again I can see how they're an extra layer of audio. Reminds me of some of the high quality Overwatch and CoD montages that get millions of views 👏🏼

6 hours ago, M3z said:

Glad ya'll liked it, I know the people on reddit REALLY hated it for some reason.

Most comments on PvP videos on Reddit are usually something like "I can't tell what's going on" or "I don't like your UI layout."

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube