Hot Feet

ZephyrWind

Ok, I don't get it.  Why is a power with -SPD and Damage 1.04 END per second? I was on a team with someone the other day and he commented that his Fire/FF troller was awesome after Hot Feet and Dispersion Shield...why?  Because he wants to spend 1.56+ end per second?

Serious question here.  I don't get it.  Any thoughts?

compared to mud pots which does the same on my fire/earth dom 20 radius vs 15 - 70% slow vs 50% - 15.36 dps vs 9.04 dps all together hotfeet is superior and i wish i could have it twice now i fixed my blue bar something you also skipped over is animation time i never toggle it off so it has 0s animation and im free to do what ever to add even more dps on top

troller and doms dont get alot of damage toggles so they become worth it with the correct slotting for that dom those two powers alone cost me around 200-250 mil to slot another downside imo is the fact that obliteration is utter trash in those powers so cheap slotting options are rather limited

superior avalanche because it provides a 2.5 S&L bonus and a 81% end reduction slotting oh and the arma in mudpots but not the proc i only proc non toggle powers proc chance is low in damage toggles except on rad melee

Edited by PainX

Scirocco's Dervish Acc/Dmg, Acc/Dmg/End, Dmg/End, Dmg/Rch

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

Unless you're a Kin post FS.  Then damage enhancement gets a lot less attention as you are likely at the hard cap.  Then either save slots or enhance the slow to keep them running away from your Hot Feet slowly all while taking capped damage.  Not sure about procs in it these days but procs are figured in after capped damage.

Edit:  and obviously keep in mind if you exemp frequently below FS you'll need to keep in mind your likely well short of capped damage then and consider a 2nd build.

Edited by Doomguide2005

IMO the OP is right to ask why the cost of Hot Feet, Arctic Air, and a few other powers is so high. IMO these are mainstay control powers, or powers that replace controls, and are meant to be left on most of the time. They should ideally cost 0.52 /sec. 

You can manage the endurance cost with various build tricks, but I do think even the casual observer will notice how much more endurance Fire and Ice Control drain from the bar than other sets. 0.54 would have them break about even. This won't make existing best-case uses of these sets any better since they already mostly manage their own endurance, but would greatly help builds like the Fire/Force Field mentioned above in addition to Dominators, who are a class already prone to blue bar woes.

• Thumbs Up 1