Interesting tests of Fortunatas and Night Widow Builds

First this is not my work. @Kanil has put a lot of effort testing lots of builds. He should get the credit.

There is this thread in the scrapper forum.

The second best time was a Fortunta build. Better than a lot of scrapper builds. The build is there in the thread.

Even more interesting, now that streaming is allowed again. Here is the complete playlist of @Kanil run. Includes both the Fort and Night Widow runs.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRcxfxypPPGjsGMnEwDzswMxGqKDniZcl

A few notes,

Obvious, these builds are optimized for 50 incarnate content.

A was surprised by the lack of melee attacks on the Fort. It's basically, Follow up, Lunge, Dominate, Gloom, with AOE. Considering the folks complaining about ranged damage, this should be interesting to watch.

Not surprisingly, the lack of a nuke really hurts the Night Widow times.

Edited by KaizenSoze

Honestly, I'm not too surprised - I have never felt that fortunatas were particularly balanced. They have a good amount of AoE and sustain as well as having Dominate, which bypasses positional defence.

Nice to see the side represented, though!

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

20 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

Honestly, I'm not too surprised - I have never felt that fortunatas were particularly balanced. They have a good amount of AoE and sustain as well as having Dominate, which bypasses positional defence.

I guess the thing I was most surprised was that Night Widow and Fortunata single target was very close.

Just thought Slash would make more of a difference.

I'm also not surprised; the ranged version of my Fortunata (no melee at all, Mu instead of Soul) plays very much like the linked video shows. I am also happy to see a sweet sister showing the scrappers a thing or two 🙂

The only thing that surprised me (but just a little) in the linked video was that the build included perma-Hasten. From my experience it only cuts a few seconds from some of the long recharge powers, although for speed runs I can see how it could make the precious difference between keeping something like Mind Link permanent for the Fortunata. I play my Fortunata much more 'on the edge' with a couple of other tricks in the rotation including Invoke Panic and Unrelenting.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 10:40 AM, Gulbasaur said:

Have your Fortunata Blood Widow build to 29 so far and having a lot of fun. Such a great mix of melee and range. I think it'd fair pretty well on these trapdoor tests. Feels like a Scrap-troller haha.

• Like 1

• 1 year later
  • 3 weeks later

I found the build from the Trapdoor thread and copied it into Mids. I'm kinda shocked how little accuracy was slotted enhancement-wise in several powers... and how far over the softcap it is in defense. My only question is do you really need that much defense over the softcap to combat defense debuffs?

It never once occurred to me that with Aim, TT: Leadership, Mind Link, and Follow Up you have massive amounts of +To Hit that you can afford to slot less accuracy and more damage in your enhancements...and my main toon is a Fortunata.

Fascinating build. The Diamagnetic Interface is even a nice touch.  I am definitely going to try this.

Edit: No travel power though... How often do you use Total Domination? Have to fit Mystic Flight somewhere in there. 🙂

Edited by TalonBlue

13 hours ago, TalonBlue said:

I found the build from the Trapdoor thread and copied it into Mids. I'm kinda shocked how little accuracy was slotted enhancement-wise in several powers... and how far over the softcap it is in defense. My only question is do you really need that much defense over the softcap to combat defense debuffs?

It never once occurred to me that with Aim, TT: Leadership, Mind Link, and Follow Up you have massive amounts of +To Hit that you can afford to slot less accuracy and more damage in your enhancements...and my main toon is a Fortunata.

Fascinating build. The Diamagnetic Interface is even a nice touch.  I am definitely going to try this.

Edit: No travel power though... How often do you use Total Domination? Have to fit Mystic Flight somewhere in there. 🙂

Trapdoor mobs doesn't have a lot of -toHit, Leadership is enough.

Now, if you're soloing carnies or CoT, you need toHit resists. Either through ageless or powers.

One thing I always notice with other non-VEATs is how much more I miss. VEAT has a lot of toHit/Accuracy powers available.

Widows only get ~50% DDR. Each Tarantula Mistress will drop you -33% at 4x8.

Plus, sometimes the extra def is a side effect of power slotting.