55-foot Stealth Radius vs 85-foot

cohRock

One of my blasters had Conceal:Stealth before i27p2 upgraded it to invisibility class (35-ft to 55 ft).  To allow him invisibility, he slotted a Celerity:Stealth proc in Swift, upping his stealth radius to 65 feet while Swift was on.  Now with the base of the Stealth power being 55 feet, does the extra 30 feet from Celerity ever come in handy?  He seems to be ignored by everybody except snipers and drones at the 55-foot value, and the snipers he has encountered have not been inattentive to his 85-foot radius.

Edited by cohRock

-- Rock

I can't say specifically, but I find a huge difference between Superior Invisibility (200) and Hide (150).

Running to the end of the mish should be fine with Stealth or Infiltration+Proc, but I would definitely run with higher stealth (I'm working on a Stalker build with Hide (150) + Stealth (55) + Super Speed (35) + Proc (30) = 270-ft stealth. Won't beat the unsuppressed Superior Invisibility, but it will be real fun!

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

3 hours ago, cohRock said:

One of my blasters had Conceal:Stealth before i27p2 upgraded it to invisibility class (35-ft to 55 ft).  To allow him invisibility, he slotted a Celerity:Stealth proc in Swift, upping his stealth radius to 65 feet while Swift was on.  Now with the base of the Stealth power being 55 feet, does the extra 30 feet from Celerity ever come in handy?  He seems to be ignored by everybody except snipers and drones at the 55-foot value, and the snipers he has encountered have not been inattentive to his 85-foot radius.

Short answer, No.

Slightly longer answer.  The next cutoff for perception is at 100ft for Turrets and GMs.  It does mean you would be within 15 before either would detect you and aggro on you.  And the SG base buff would be enough to bump you to 110ft and you could tap dance on top of a GM and they'd be oblivious.  Snipers' perception is 149ft.  The other thing depends a bit on your power sets.  Powers like Flash Arrow and Smoke debuff perception.  With 85ft you could get close enough without being seen to use such powers on the Sniper and now they won't see anyone, the perception debuff is huge so even after the Purple Patch applies they aren't going to see you.  At 55ft you'll need range enhancement to be able to use Flash Arrow, at 85ft you wouldn't need any range enhancement.  

In short 85ft vs 55ft not a huge advantage but also not a tiny niche edge either especially to sets with powers like Smoke or Flash Arrow who can then Blind Snipers to a whole teams presence.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Typo
  • Like 2

It seems to me that you were happy with a stealth of 65 before patch. If that is the case then 55 stealth should also be good enough.

I believe everything up to and including an AV perception is 54 or less.

Of course this does not include snipers, rikti drones, Knives and those mentioned. But they would have seen through you're old 65 stealth as well. And they would see you with 85 Stealth.