Let us see buy and sell offers

If I list something for 4.5 million, I am hoping that someone will bid 5 million if not higher.  I am also trying to list it low enough to get the sale over someone who lists their own version for exactly five million.  Why in God’s name would I want you to see exactly what I listed it for?

This is just saying that the bad user interface works to your advantage because most people would rather play the game than fight it. This should not be the basis on which the user interface is designed.

Imagine if any other commercial transation were carried out in the same way.

"I'd like to buy this computer monitor, please."

"Certainly. I have the price tag here."

"And how much does it cost?"

"I'm sorry, I can't tell you that. You'll have to guess."

"Can I have it for £50?"

"No." "£60?" "No." "How about £65?" "No." "Let's try £75." "No." "£80?" "Well, all right then."

This would be rightly condemned as an absurd arrangement. It remains absurd here; and right at this moment when we have a lot of new players coming in who haven't internalised the market being horrible to use - who may in fact have played MMOs with non-horrible market interfaces (where of course it is perfectly possible to make money by being patient and clever) - is the time to get rid of this absurdity.

The auction house is not a retail store, it is an auction house. It works fine as it is, no change necessary.

I would have to agree, no change is needed to the way the AH works.  If anything maybe the interface could use some work but it is livable.  Few other games allow me to put in a bid for something I want and then pick it up if/when someone sells it at that price (assuming I am still the highest bidder of course).  Most others have you constantly checking back to see if what you want is at the price point you are willing to buy.

In other words the OP is impatient and wants to change it so that they can save some influence. All a system like the one proposed would do is inflate prices. I know if I post something for 3,333,333 that someone is going to be impatient and give me either 3,500,000 or 4,000,000. Now if you can see the actual sell price... I am going to list it at 4 million. All salvage prices will increase to JUST below their seeded amounts - whereas now most rare salvage is sitting between 800-900k.

It is an absolute NO from me. Your impatience and desire to save some influence because you "Need it now!" is not a valid reason to change a system that works just fine the way it is.

In other words the OP is impatient and wants to change it so that they can save some influence. All a system like the one proposed would do is inflate prices. I know if I post something for 3,333,333 that someone is going to be impatient and give me either 3,500,000 or 4,000,000. Now if you can see the actual sell price... I am going to list it at 4 million. All salvage prices will increase to JUST below their seeded amounts - whereas now most rare salvage is sitting between 800-900k.

It is an absolute NO from me. Your impatience and desire to save some influence because you "Need it now!" is not a valid reason to change a system that works just fine the way it is.

It would actually drop prices considerably if the buyer can see the offers.  He would always pick the lowest offer, so sellers would be forced to keep dropping their prices until the market crashed.  Inflation would happen the other way (if sellers could see the buyers bids)

Still a no from me as well

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting