Playing the new trick arrow

KelvinKole

On 5/18/2021 at 8:26 PM, Psyonico said:

• TrickArrow_Blind.png.cad97249f539b19437876e6155eafb09.png Flash Arrow
    • Can now be slotted with Range enhancements
    • -ToHit increased from -6.25% to -18.76%
      • Half this debuff is now irresistible

How does "irresistible" work in this context? I'm not understanding the mechanics here I think

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

How does "irresistible" work in this context? I'm not understanding the mechanics here I think

The main purpose of the Irresistable portion really is so AVs Purple Triangles of Doom don't make it totally pointless by eating 85% of the entire thing. 

So against a +0 AV if you have the -ToHit slotted up fully (so ~12 resistable and 12 irresistable) they'll take (12 + (12 * 0.15)) = 13.8% -ToHit rather than 24%

It has no effect on the effectiveness against a +4 enemy for example, the Purple Patch modifications kick in after the -ToHit is calculated. So a +4 AV will still reduce that to 0.48 of what it was against the +0, ending up with 6.624% -ToHit. 

Even a +4 standard enemy with no special -ToHit resistances will drop it from 24% to about 11.52%, there's nothing you can do to prevent that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carnifax said:

The main purpose of the Irresistable portion really is so AVs Purple Triangles of Doom don't make it totally pointless by eating 85% of the entire thing. 

So against a +0 AV if you have the -ToHit slotted up fully (so ~12 resistable and 12 irresistable) they'll take (12 + (12 * 0.15)) = 13.8% -ToHit rather than 24%

It has no effect on the effectiveness against a +4 enemy for example, the Purple Patch modifications kick in after the -ToHit is calculated. So a +4 AV will still reduce that to 0.48 of what it was against the +0, ending up with 6.624% -ToHit. 

Even a +4 standard enemy with no special -ToHit resistances will drop it from 24% to about 11.52%, there's nothing you can do to prevent that. 

Thanks. I think I get that.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.