Resolved: Move LGTF Minimum Level Requirement Back Up to 45+

While I don't remember the LGTF being 45+ on live (I remember it being 35+ like the ITF, and just running with a bunch of 50s, so everyone was 49+ due to super sidekicking) if the Weakened Hami is indeed spawning at level 50 regardless of the level of the leader, than the LGTF needs to be looked at, as even at level 45 having a +5 Weakened Hami would be really hard to take down. Roleplay or not, unless its a specific Task Force (think the LRSF or the MsLib one, which specifically says its tough) the AVs/EBs should always scale down.

• Like 1

I'm not a new player. I've been around since I3 and run LGTF dozens of times and I wasn't aware that Hami and the Mitos were locked at lvl 50 until yesterday when I ran the TF with a lvl 42 leader. Part of the problem is that the entire TF doesn't spawn at max level - the first three missions all scale to the leader's level, so you've already invested a lot of time before you get to Hami. If we started the TF and the first mission spawned 50s, we would have quit and reformed. We had a lvl 50 on the team and could easily have passed the star had we known before starting. The signature TFs all spawn at max level plus notoriety. While you can run Manticore at lvl 30, you're going to be fighting lvl 35s regardless of the leader's level. 

As an alternative to restoring the minimum level to 45 (which I'm fine with), have the entire TF spawn at a minimum of lvl 50.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

They dropped level requirements from hazard zones because people were doing arcs with sk'd players, only to run into a wall when the next mission happened to be in a hazard zone with too high of a requirement for the sidekick. I don't think normal arcs will give you a door in RWZ, so I don't think it wouldn't be an issue if it were locked to 35+.

• Like 2

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

10 minutes ago, Jacktar said:

Aw come on Dude, you can’t just leave us hanging like this……..this is not Line of Duty 🤔🤔😀

Hahaha, let's just say that Shadeknight and I had a very....bumpy start....and I called him the forum police. In good fun, he showed me he was not the stick in the a** that I thought he was and he turned it in to his sig. I've loved the guy ever since then, lol.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Vee said:

you'd think a forum cop would use the formal /jranger

"Formal?"

It was created to poke fun at someone who started just saying no to everything - that being the sum total of the post. (I should know, I'm the one who created it.) It's as informal, post-with-a-smirk as it gets!

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 5/17/2021 at 11:50 AM, Uun said:

If we started the TF and the first mission spawned 50s, we would have quit and reformed. We had a lvl 50 on the team and could easily have passed the star had we known before starting. 

That doesn't work on LGTF.  You remain locked at the leader's starting level regardless of what you do. 

Last time LGTF was the weekly I joined a team started by a low 40 who leveled up during the first few missions and our level remained the same. After Hami wiped us out a few times we tried logging out and in a few times to get the level to change, but every time we were locked at the starting level (We had at least one 50 go got the star during this).

I summoned a GM who came in, turned into Sally, and defeated Hami for us. It was epic!

Two of our team never came back during the log out/in stuff, so we finished the TF with six. 

I think it'd be cool if the Weakened Hami were a no-level Monster like zone event monsters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2021 at 1:50 PM, Uun said:

I'm not a new player. I've been around since I3 and run LGTF dozens of times and I wasn't aware that Hami and the Mitos were locked at lvl 50 until yesterday when I ran the TF with a lvl 42 leader. Part of the problem is that the entire TF doesn't spawn at max level - the first three missions all scale to the leader's level, so you've already invested a lot of time before you get to Hami. If we started the TF and the first mission spawned 50s, we would have quit and reformed. We had a lvl 50 on the team and could easily have passed the star had we known before starting. The signature TFs all spawn at max level plus notoriety. While you can run Manticore at lvl 30, you're going to be fighting lvl 35s regardless of the leader's level. 

As an alternative to restoring the minimum level to 45 (which I'm fine with), have the entire TF spawn at a minimum of lvl 50.

Hey! I was on that team!(Little Boy Blue) 😃

16 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

That doesn't work on LGTF.  You remain locked at the leader's starting level regardless of what you do. 

Last time LGTF was the weekly I joined a team started by a low 40 who leveled up during the first few missions and our level remained the same. After Hami wiped us out a few times we tried logging out and in a few times to get the level to change, but every time we were locked at the starting level (We had at least one 50 go got the star during this).

I summoned a GM who came in, turned into Sally, and defeated Hami for us. It was epic!

Two of our team never came back during the log out/in stuff, so we finished the TF with six. 

I think it'd be cool if the Weakened Hami were a no-level Monster like zone event monsters.

Your are correct, but that's not what I was suggesting. I meant that we could have quit the TF, reformed the team and restarted the TF with a 50 as leader.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

• Apparition changed the title to Resolved: Move LGTF Minimum Level Requirement Back Up to 45+
1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Resolved: The minimum level for the LGTF has been raised back up to level 45+ in the new beta.  Thank you, Homecoming developers!

Part of me wishes that Hami just scaled down but another selfish part of me also realizes...

When you lower the level requirement that low (lvl 35 as opposed to 45), you often get un-IO'd non-contributors in the group for that content. So I suppose I'm happy with it. 

Edited by Zeraphia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Resolved: The minimum level for the LGTF has been raised back up to level 45+ in the new beta.  Thank you, Homecoming developers!

Thank -you- for raising the awareness of this.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 11:14 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

"Any character over level 35 can join the TF as long as they are sidekicked to an effective combat level of 45 or greater."

This seems to be the answer.  If it was doable before, it should be doable again.  Team leader at least 45, then 35+ can join.

I would not like to see the TF requirements raised to 45.  Other than ITF, there's not a lot for characters in the 30-40 range.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

This seems to be the answer.  If it was doable before, it should be doable again.  Team leader at least 45, then 35+ can join.

I would not like to see the TF requirements raised to 45.  Other than ITF, there's not a lot for characters in the 30-40 range.

It was doable because it was bugged, and no other TF/SF in the game works like that.

In the 30 - 40 range, you have the Admiral Sutter TF, Mortimer Kal SF, Manticore TF, Katie Hannon TF, Numina TF, and the Ice Mistral SF.

29 minutes ago, Zeraphia said:

Part of me wishes that Hami just scaled down but another selfish part of me also realizes...

When you lower the level requirement that low (lvl 35 as opposed to 45), you often get un-IO'd non-contributors in the group for that content. So I suppose I'm happy with it. 

• The Weakened Hamidon can now spawn from level 45 to 54

1 minute ago, Uun said:
  • The Weakened Hamidon can now spawn from level 45 to 54

Oh cool, still doesn't really change my opinion much on the matter. Although, I suppose they could do that but for 35, however to be quite frank, I just dislike non-contributors.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

... I'm assuming you specifically are talking about task forces / strike forces in that range, not 'stuff in general?'  There's a little *more* in that range - ITF, as mentioned, plus Manti and Numina. Katie Hannon's in Croatoa (30-34.) Think you can do Calvin Scott by flashback, not sure when I've seen anyone do it though. Woodsman and the Abandoned Sewers are in that range, too.

Actually quite a bit to do. Might not *feel* like it since it's taking a bit longer between levels, and some of this stuff is just not run much, but it *is* there. (Honestly 30-35 I'm often finishing Croatoa, myself...)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 minutes ago, Zeraphia said:

Oh cool, still doesn't really change my opinion much on the matter. Although, I suppose they could do that but for 35, however to be quite frank, I just dislike non-contributors.

I agree with you on the non-contributors. I won't run 50+4 TFs if I'm not lvl 50. 

• Thanks 1