Perma Dom gor Mind/Psi

Rinwen

Hello, folks, 

Hoping that I can get some help here.

I've tried searching all over the web, and no where is there a simply outlined Perma-Dom guide, especially for a Mind/Psi... also without Hasten.

Tons of posts on the math, don't care about it.  Mid's builds imported from forum posts seem few and far between, and either involve Hasten or an SG Base recharge buff.

Then no matter what I do I can't get the Mids/Beta import to work.  I export the file to my COH/Homecoming/Data/Texts/English/Menu firect, I see the file there... but neither the line command/macro;  /popmenu MRBTest.mnu, nor using the hack menu feature do anything. 

Posts with the Mids list of powers/enhancements show all acronyms. 

I know I'm asking a lot, but can someone just post: 

Put 3 of these here.

Put 5 of those there. 

Put 4 of this in that please? 

Or at least, in plain spelled out English, just post the sets to use; Basilisk's Gaze, Luck of the Gambler, etc.

At least I can find, and use, them on the test server that way.

I'd really appreciate it. 

Thank you. 

Disregard last transmission... think I've got a handle on things... but how come the recharge time on Domination, despite me currently being at 98% still says 3m 20 sec on the detailed info tab?

3 minutes ago, Rinwen said:

Disregard last transmission... think I've got a handle on things... but how come the recharge time on Domination, despite me currently being at 98% still says 3m 20 sec on the detailed info tab?

If you have hasten slotted with 90% internal recharge with it's 70% global recharge and then at least another 75% more global recharge from bonuses you'll have perma-dom.  I like to have hasten plus another 85-100% more recharge for a better buffer so I have a moment to click domination again without being frantic about it.  

Not sure about what mids has to say but this is what you need to shoot for.  

Edited by Mezmera

36 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

If you have hasten slotted with 90% internal recharge with it's 70% global recharge and then at least another 75% more global recharge from bonuses you'll have perma-dom.  I like to have hasten plus another 85-100% more recharge for a better buffer so I have a moment to click domination again without being frantic about it.  

Not sure about what mids has to say but this is what you need to shoot for.  

Thank you. 

So far, without Hasten, I'm at 115%.

However, I don't seem to be getting any global recharge from Synapses' Shock in Stamina, even though it shows the 5 pc 6.25% in green, or the same with Preventive Medicinenin Aid Self... there was a 3rd one too that doesn't seem to be adding to the total that I don't recall the name of.

I should be about 123%, (I've read that you need 122% for Perma-Dom).  I have no idea why the three sets, despite seemingly giving me global recharge are not factoring into the total.

And still don't why Domination recharge time still says 3m 20secs.

This is very frustrating actually. 

I thought I'd figured out how to get there, but obviously not :(

1 hour ago, Rinwen said:

Thank you. 

So far, without Hasten, I'm at 115%.

However, I don't seem to be getting any global recharge from Synapses' Shock in Stamina, even though it shows the 5 pc 6.25% in green, or the same with Preventive Medicinenin Aid Self... there was a 3rd one too that doesn't seem to be adding to the total that I don't recall the name of.

I should be about 123%, (I've read that you need 122% for Perma-Dom).  I have no idea why the three sets, despite seemingly giving me global recharge are not factoring into the total.

And still don't why Domination recharge time still says 3m 20secs.

This is very frustrating actually. 

I thought I'd figured out how to get there, but obviously not 😞

You're not over the 5x limit are you?  Like you can only have 5 bonuses of that 6.25% and all other bonuses.  

The only unique thing is the LotG 7.5% recharge doesn't factor into the 5 at 7.5%, it's separate so you can get 5 of the 7.5% plus then 5 of those gamblers.

1 minute ago, Mezmera said:

You're not over the 5x limit are you?  Like you can only have 5 bonuses of that 6.25% and all other bonuses.  

The only unique thing is the LotG 7.5% recharge doesn't factor into the 5 at 7.5%, it's separate so you can get 5 of the 7.5% plus then 5 of those gamblers.

I'm quite sure that I am, and didn’t know about that, thank you.

I just used this page, and picked powers that could use the 6.5% sets: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Enhancement_Sets.

Back to the drawing board, lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rinwen said:

I'm quite sure that I am, and didn’t know about that, thank you.

I just used this page, and picked powers that could use the 6.5% sets: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Enhancement_Sets.

Back to the drawing board, lol.

Yeah lots of powers can slot the 6.25%.  You have to dabble into the purple sets with 5x 10% recharge ones plus then the LotG's.  It's feasible to get perma without Hasten, but Hasten is too good of a power to pass on.  That one power is equal to 7 purple 10% bonuses.   

Actually, I picked those with the highest recharge rate, not specifically 6.25%... but some, like Preventive Medicine, says something different on the page; 8.25%, but is actually 6.25% in the game.

So, I'm sure that's what happened. 

I'll check in a bit.

1 minute ago, Mezmera said:

Yeah lots of powers can slot the 6.25%.  You have to dabble into the purple sets with 5x 10% recharge ones plus then the LotG's.  It's feasible to get perma without Hasten, but Hasten is too good of a power to pass on.  That one power is equal to 7 purple 10% bonuses.   

But then you have to play the slotting game again to make Hasten perma.

On the Beta server, using the cheat menu, how do I get "purples?"  I'm not even sure what exactly "purples" are specifically, lol.

Was wrong, (shocker I know), Preventive Medicine is 8.75%... however I have kitted out 9x 6.25% sets, lol.

Thanks... I'm getting there... slowly but surely, lol.

Edited by Rinwen

10 minutes ago, Rinwen said:

On the Beta server, using the cheat menu, how do I get "purples?"  I'm not even sure what exactly "purples" are specifically, lol.

Oh... under very rare... and on the page I linked the "purples" are colored... uh... purple... is it Friday yet?

15 minutes ago, Rinwen said:

If you look in the auction house for recipes and the type of power you're enhancing, for instance your confuse powers you can see the Coercive Persuasion.  This is the list of purple sets for the various types of powers.  

https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Very_Rare_IO_Sets

You're going to have to spend a lot of slots to make up for that 70% you can get from Hasten, doms are already slot starved, feasible but you are knowingly gimping yourself.

What I have:

5x Decimation (+6.25% each) in Mesmerize, Psionic Dart, Mental Blast, Subdue

5x Unbreakable Constraint (+10%) in Dominate

5x Crushing Impact (+5% each) in Mind Probe and Telekinetic Thrust

5x Coercive Persuasion (+10%) in Confuse

5x Fortunata Hypnosis (+10%) in Mass Hypnosis

5x Bombardment (+5%) in Psychic Scream

5x Superior Ascendancy of the Dominator (+10%) in Total Domination

5x Sting of the Manticore (+7.5%) in Psionic Lance

5x Armageddon (+10%) in Psychic Shockwave

Luck of the Gambler +7.5% in Hover, Elusive Maneuvers, Link Minds, Invisibility, Grant Invisibility

That's a total of +135%, giving a 85.11 recharge on Domination.

(I do have Hasten, largely as protection against debuffs which gets me perma-Drain Psyche. But I can keep Domination up without it.)

Edited by Placta
(Lots of edits, lots of tweaks.)

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Thank you both very much.

I went back to that page, and just went down it, grabbed full sets of 5x 10%, 5x 6.25%, etc... and while not probably the best choices, I'm at 147.5% and Perma-Dom... so at least now I can perform a side by side comparison, fighting the same mobs in the same area, between the Perma-Dom Mind/Psi and the non-Perma one.

@placta you've given me a more specific road map, and that's greatly appreciated. 

This is a really old Plant/Thorn build I remade from Live over a year ago I got to play some last weekend.   I have 148.75% global recharge.  At higher levels I leave Dom on auto cast and forget about it unless I eat dirt.  I have Hasten so I can have perma Dom if I stay on top of casting Hasten at lower levels.  And Dom is ready just about every minute if I keep Hasten perma as well at level 50.  That is really all the build does is recharge but I find it fun. 

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Dexx: Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Thorny Assault
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(39), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(39), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(39)
Level 1: Thorny Darts -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Thn-Acc/Dmg(25)
Level 2: Roots -- GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(A), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(3), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(3), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(21), GrvAnc-Hold%(21)
Level 4: Fling Thorns -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(5), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(5), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(15), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15)
Level 6: Spore Burst -- FrtHyp-Sleep/Rchg(A), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(7), FrtHyp-Acc/Rchg(7), FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx(13), FrtHyp-Plct%(13)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(11), CrcPrs-Conf%(11)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 14: Super Speed -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Build Up -- AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(17), AdjTrg-Rchg(17), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(37)
Level 18: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(23)
Level 20: Impale -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 22: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(27), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(27), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(36), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 28: Thorntrops -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(29), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(29), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(36), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 30: Spirit Tree -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(31), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(31), DctWnd-Heal(31), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 35: Sleet -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Rgn-Knock%(43), AchHee-ResDeb%(48)
Level 38: Thorn Barrage -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Apc-Dam%(48)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- RedFrt-EndRdx(A), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(42), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(42), RedFrt-Def(43)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 47: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(34)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(34), PrfShf-End%(50)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 4: Ninja Run 
------------