[Focused Feedback] Paladin Event

Should the Paladin Event reversion be published to the Live servers?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Paladin Event be reverted to the old version?

• Yes, the new version is too buggy and we'd rather not wait for the event to be revamped.
    • No, the old version is terrible and we'd rather keep the new one until the event is revamped.

This poll is closed to new votes

19 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Has anyone seen the Hero Event Message display for this yet? I haven't seen it, I may have missed it before the event started, just wondering!

These are the ones I have seen:

2021-05-29 23:41:22 [PPD] Unusual Clockwork activity in Kings Row.
2021-05-29 23:49:32 [PPD] Clockwork Paladin spotted in Kings Row.
2021-05-31 09:56:55 [PPD] Unusual Clockwork activity in Kings Row.
2021-05-31 10:05:36 [PPD] Clockwork Paladin spotted in Kings Row.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

I'm not certain, but if I recall correctly, each site can only spawn if their respective Paladin is not presently alive.  So, if all three Paladins are up and running, then the event won't trigger.

I think.

I remember that. You had to defeat existing Paladins to get a new event to trigger.

• Thanks 1

• City Council

Closing poll since this is getting patched to live now. To those suggesting changes to the event: noting those down for when the event gets revamped, but the whole point of this patch was to not have to spend development time on the event right now.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

I'm not certain, but if I recall correctly, each site can only spawn if their respective Paladin is not presently alive.  So, if all three Paladins are up and running, then the event won't trigger.

I think.

Correct,  Back on live if all 3 Paladins were stomping around no new events would occur. This happened a lot as the goal was to STOP paladin being built and people didn't want to smash the completed Paladin.  If I found them and couldn't get a team together I would just drone them to reset the event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 alts with all the badges!

• 1 month later

Sooooooooooo here's a thought...leave this event as is (the old version , I mean). Maybe create a BRAND NEW event where a GM spawns. Make the GM totally new and something different. Yes, create something original. Personally, I am kinda done with seeing new material which seems like it isn't new. New characters, stories etc in future missions, events etc would be my suggestion.

Edited by BurtHutt

• Booper locked this topic