Tank passive/aggro changes

"I can aggro more mobs at once" just doesn't matter if no one cares about "classic" tanking.

If they are going to overwhelm the mobs with controls or just nuke them outright then who cares if the tanker can grab aggro on more mobs?

Three complimentary reasons.  First, most AoE powers have a fairly small target limit.  So you can only nuke so many targets at once, and you want un-nuked targets hanging around and not switching aggro over to support or w/e.  Second, for powers with much higher target limits -- like Judgements -- you want to have as many targets in range as possible to maximize their use.  Third, while not everyone here is talking about truly large aggro caps, I am.  I'm fully in favor of somewhere between triple and unlimited aggro for Tankers.  Herding the map is an incredible tool for 'overwhelming' things as well as, imho, incredibly fun.

Herding the map is the biggest reason, as I understand things, for reducing the aggro cap to begin with.

And, if in a group, the target cap only matters so much as this ranged DPSer is going to hit this guy, that ranged DPSer is going to hit that guy, and the other ranged DPSer is going to hit the other guy.  Their targets won't all be the same.

And this is still only really an issue if the enemy has been herded.  If you are just hitting one or two groups at a time then the cap doesn't much matter.  Even if something survives then what is it going to do?  Charge a character that can easily withstand an attack or three and probably not even make it since the DPSers and controllers will have other powers to use?

And a brute can still do any gathering that you want for your first two reasons.

The third reason is irrelevant since it's just wishful thinking on your part.  And since that was a big part of why the aggro cap exists, I doubt that it will return and, personally, hope it doesn't.

"Everyone stay here while I gather the map" is not fun for me, and if allowed will become the type of thing that most people will want/expect so if you don't make the "right" type of tanker then too bad for you.

And after all of that there would still be the possibility of brutes doing the job, so I still don't see how this helps tankers.

And after all of that there would still be the possibility of brutes doing the job, so I still don't see how this helps tankers.

Only Tankers get the proposed aggro cap increase.

it's just wishful thinking on your part.

To clarify, this proposal is to revert or mitigate a previous change that is no longer necessary in the current state of the game.  I know where the change would need to be made in the code -- or at least the principal place -- and roughly what it would need to be.  I concur with reasonable arguments why this change is warranted.  This is very structured wishful thinking, in the Wishful Thinking forum, in a wishful thinking thread.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

This is very structured wishful thinking, in the Wishful Thinking forum, in a wishful thinking thread.

They should have a board in the forums for wishful thinking you'd like to see in the game...somekind of a suggestions forum.  Probably wishful thinking on my part...  :P

OEM, I'm just being silly...I'm not trying to make fun of anyone...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Wait, didn't I read somewhere that a Tank's inherent ability is bugged and does not work properly? Or was this fixed?

I don't know if this counts, but I saw COXG server group patch notes posted on reddit and one of the notes was:

Tankers:

Gauntlet:

In the code, Gauntlet didn't actually DO anything. Due to Brutes more or less deprecating Tankers, they have received a shiny new passive.

As a Tanker's health gets low, his damage resistance goes up. At 1% health, a Tanker will have a bonus 20% resistance to all damage types.

Wait, didn't I read somewhere that a Tank's inherent ability is bugged and does not work properly? Or was this fixed?

I don't know if this counts, but I saw COXG server group patch notes posted on reddit and one of the notes was:

Tankers:

Gauntlet:

In the code, Gauntlet didn't actually DO anything. Due to Brutes more or less deprecating Tankers, they have received a shiny new passive.

As a Tanker's health gets low, his damage resistance goes up. At 1% health, a Tanker will have a bonus 20% resistance to all damage types.

LOL!

I wonder how they're going to fix Scrappers?

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker