Patch Notes for June 2nd, 2021

4 hours ago, Ymedron said:

Arcane power might accidentally no longer be proccing at all, i've been keeping an eye on my hotbar and it hasn't activated at all when previously it'd have activated several times in the same timeframe. (from normal attacks, not toggles.)

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to report this.

I am also experiencing that arcane power no longer procs. I've been watching and street sweeping for over an hour, no procs

So, for the paladin construction event (since it's been reverted), you have to wait until they start building the paladin, right?  I see levelless clockwork showing up, but I don't start defeating them until the construction scaffold thingy appears, right?

• Like 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

I believe if you see a bunch of levelless Clockwork without any Construction Site, it means that a Paladin has already been completed, and is now muckin' about in High Park.

CORRECTION PER FAULTLINE:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/29353-patch-notes-for-june-2nd-2021/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-368205

New Construction Sites won't spawn until existing Paladins have been defeated.  There is a limit of three.

Edited by GraspingVileTerror
Edit to include Faultline's correction directly, to avoid disseminating misinformation.
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
1 hour ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

I believe if you see a bunch of levelless Clockwork without any Construction Site, it means that a Paladin has already been completed, and is now muckin' about in High Park.

This is not always the case - each Paladin Construction site is actually composed of many "Heap" spawn locations and one "PaladinEvent" spawn location. When the "PaladinEvent" spawn triggers, it spawns gear piles or waves of clockwork in the "Heap" spawn locations, and those spawns created by the event script will follow the Paladin when he is finished building. But those "Heap" locations can, and will, spawn either gear piles or clockwork defenders on their own, without the event being active, and those spawns, generated by the normal spawn mechanics of the game, will not follow the Paladin once its built.

Note that currently, each spawn location is set to wait a random number between 0.001 and 36 hours before spawning the Paladin. If the event is too rare I can easily lower the maximum time, but that's what it was set during the entire lifetime of the game and I saw the event relatively often.

• Thanks 2

Are there event announcements for the Paladin constructions? If not, could we get them added?

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

5 minutes ago, Burk said:

Are there event announcements for the Paladin constructions? If not, could we get them added?

Back on Live there were.  Something along the lines of "Unusual Clockwork Activity detected in Kings Row" at construction start and then "The Paladin has been sighted in Kings Row" if construction finishes.

• Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

4 minutes ago, Burk said:

Are there event announcements for the Paladin constructions?

Yes. The spawn of the construction event is broadcast thusly:

[PPD] Unusual Clockwork activity in Kings Row.

If the Paladin construction is completed (five minutes after the construction event spawns), the following is broadcast:

[PPD] Clockwork Paladin spotted in Kings Row.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Faultline said:

This is not always the case - each Paladin Construction site is actually composed of many "Heap" spawn locations and one "PaladinEvent" spawn location. When the "PaladinEvent" spawn triggers, it spawns gear piles or waves of clockwork in the "Heap" spawn locations, and those spawns created by the event script will follow the Paladin when he is finished building. But those "Heap" locations can, and will, spawn either gear piles or clockwork defenders on their own, without the event being active, and those spawns, generated by the normal spawn mechanics of the game, will not follow the Paladin once its built.

Note that currently, each spawn location is set to wait a random number between 0.001 and 36 hours before spawning the Paladin. If the event is too rare I can easily lower the maximum time, but that's what it was set during the entire lifetime of the game and I saw the event relatively often.

36 hours too WAY too rare, I spent days on live at the time hunting for that guy. If you have a 5 Min window in a 36 hour period, it could take you months or longer to get him. 
I honestly think it needs the same frequency of Sally/The Troll Raves/Steel Canyon Fires, Multiple times a day at least.

Please reduce the time.

Edited by Baney

14 hours ago, dtj714 said:

Pointless options. He’s right - nobody is gonna do in 3 steps what they can do in 1, if it’s just a QoL thing. I’d bet dollars to donuts virtually NO ONE uses the tram anymore, except for those few missions that actually require it. But again that ship has long since sailed...(pun intended?)

You owe me a dollar.

• Like 2

The Lady Grey Task Force

• The minimum level to start the TF has been changed to 45

• We've had it at 35 for a while, but there are numerous issues related to starting it at lower levels (on live the minimum was 45)
  • All enemies in the TF (including the Weakened Hamidon and its buds) can now spawn from level 45 to 54

.... Welp, there goes one of my fun ways to level on a lv 35 alt.

I get that people were having issues but I'm gonna miss being able to run Lady Grey with some of my lower alts. I get tired of using Imperious Task Force over and over again as a way to level up my lv 35s (or alts in that range). Some of the other 30s Task Forces are, well, a bit lackluster, honestly, not all of them, but having Lady Grey was a fun option. And I personally never ran it at the bare minimum of 35, if you had at least one lv 50 tagging along why not just make them the leader and run it that way? Or simply lower the minimal level of the Weakened Hamidon and its buds to 35 if someone happened to be running it around that level? (Unless the code simply wouldnt allow it, I'm not a coder, that stuff scares me 😧 ).

I'm grateful for some of the other changes, bug fixes are always nice, some more entrances to Pocket D was a surprising change but I'm not against it. I'm not particular sure about the Paladin Event changes (though to be fair, I'll hardly know the difference as I have only ever done the event once before said change) - as long as I can get my temporary power at the end I don't mind one bit how the event is run, hehe (I'm a sucker for temporary powers). Despite my disappointment in the Lady Grey changes, I'm happy the game is up and running smoothly, so thank you very much 😄 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I use the trams quite regularly as well. If the station is fewer than 20 seconds away, that's my default. LRT and Ouro are more for the "far corner of nowhere" moments. I've never bothered with a base hub. I'm both too lazy to build one and to mess with the passcodes. Getting around is already so easy that I never saw a reason.

I prefer chocolate icing on my donuts. Anything with fruity cereal on top will be returned along with a suitable explosive device to purify the source of the contamination.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, brawlizard said:

I am also experiencing that arcane power no longer procs. I've been watching and street sweeping for over an hour, no procs

For the record, Arcane Power is working today.  Looks like a fix.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gamingglen said:

You owe me a dollar.

In what manner or context, pray tell, do you use the tram?  The other person who said they did did so in the context of a situation where it was actually the simplest way of getting around for that story arc (which just further makes the point that people will use the path of least effort) and was obviously solo.

By the way, they added Pocket D to Atlas because people need/want to go there in the very early levels to turn off the pop-up trays, etc. (especially Afterburner). 

Edited by dtj714

2 hours ago, caveat emptor said:

Is there a reason atlas seems to be having 2 instances at all times now? even when search said there was 37 people on and searching by zone only 8 of them where in atlas #2 with no listing for anyone in atlas #1?

Yeah, they had to do a hotfix for something, which involves closing down open zones and respawning new instances (for... some reason?). The closed zones remain while people are still in them, but no one new can enter. 

35 minutes ago, dtj714 said:

By the way, they added Pocket D to Atlas because people need/want to go there in the very early levels to turn off the pop-up trays, etc. (especially Afterburner). 

That may have been part of the motivation, but it was also to provide ease-of-access to Echo Plaza for low-level characters.

Count me among the tram-users as well. Tram/ferry/black helicopter is my preferred method of getting around (followed by base portal).

• Like 3