How to slot Enflame now?

Procs are essentially the same as proccing something like Burning Aura or another toggle (the procs trigger off the toggle now, not the pseudopet). 

I parsed it out on my Ice/Traps/Sorcery/Fold Spacer. The slots were better off elsewhere proc-wise. I ended up with 2 non-proc Bombardment (Dam & Acc/Dam/Recharge) plus one Acc/Dam IO which got me 50% acc and 100% dam. So 2 extra slots and all set, suited me well. 

Now granted that is on a "I'll put this on my Pet and forget about it" build. If you were very aggressively applying it in the middle of the spawns all of the time it would be better (because the "0 second" check would have more valid tartgets). Traps is too busy for me to do that so Jack gets lit up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Only lvl 34 on my Earth/Nature Controller, I apply it to Animated Stone and forget it. I have it 1acc, 3 dam currently, but will add procs as slots become available in the build.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

4 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Procs are essentially the same as proccing something like Burning Aura or another toggle (the procs trigger off the toggle now, not the pseudopet). 

ths is true and it isnt. while this power works like a toggle now with respec to procs. it also summons a NEW pet that has a chance for procs. to go off every 5 seconds.

thats twice as manny proc. checks as a normal standard toggle.

22 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

ths is true and it isnt. while this power works like a toggle now with respec to procs. it also summons a NEW pet that has a chance for procs. to go off every 5 seconds.

thats twice as manny proc. checks as a normal standard toggle.

Not any more. The proc effect was moved from the pet patches to the aura itself in the last major patch.

Specifically to get around the "spawns triggers twice as much as expected" behaviour.

That being said I've been reexamining my logs and I think on low damage ATs procs are better than slotting for damage. But it's close. So for Controllers, Defenders & Masterminds procs are better than damage. High damage ATs damage is better to slot for.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, arcane said:

Good AoE damage. Very good DPA too if you think about it.

Great for ATs who do decent damage but don't get too much in the way of AoE. Especially if you get a pet too. So excellent for Domis. 

Not amazing on Controllers (even on my Ice/Traps it's not doing amazing work) but like arcane says decent DPA, just fire it off on a pet and leave it off to do its thing. In an AV fight same thing but on the AV. 

In fact the whole Sorcery set is quite good as a lot of "fire and forget" or "trigger occasionally when it goes yellow" powers. 

39 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Not amazing on Controllers (even on my Ice/Traps it's not doing amazing work) but like arcane says decent DPA, just fire it off on a pet and leave it off to do its thing. In an AV fight same thing but on the AV. 

Well, I can assure you it’s pretty great on the new Singularity. I have a Grav/Sonic Sorcerer specifically for abusing 4 ally toggles working with the AoE pull effect.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Why do people consider Enflame worth using?

Because for MMs and trollers/doms at least you can drop it on your (tanky) pet and when you send that in to die gloriously it will do more damage to the mobs it's punching in the unmentionables.  It as mentioned also takes a number of procs, some of which can be helpful.

For a heavier damage AT it's probably not worth taking.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 year later