On 7/15/2021 at 10:55 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I recently bought every Trap of the Hunter proc from the AH (highest price I paid was 9mm).  I don't remember exactly how many, but it was somewhere between 500 and 700 of them.  I reposted 10 of them, and have been converting the remainder and selling them.

You bought a few of mine that I had sitting at relatively high sell prices on characters that I'd forgotten I placed. Thanks! Now I have to go back and check all my other 'retired' characters with similar pieces on the market.

I also noticed that somebody has got "Inf Fever" buying non-LotG Defense pieces way above what they had been selling at. This strikes me more like a "buy it NAO" but I suppose somebody could be trying to push everyone else out of the LotG market.

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

Personally, the economist in me would rather die than spend merits on a recipe. 

Your comment from another thread reminded me.  The arbitrager in me looked at the Steadfast 3% IO market (which was trading 5mm  or so) a year and change ago and wondered why anyone would sell 100 merits to sell 300 converters for 21mm before taxes when they could buy 5 lvl 10 recipes, craft and sell for 25mm before taxes.

So I’ve pretty much been putting in a ~4mm cap on those for a year or so.  Just to keep people from spending merits there.

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

See this link for my giveaway!  FREEMoney!

Our hero wakes up tied to a chair in a dark room. The briny air and undulating floor beneath suggests a ship. From the shadows, a tidy monologue begins.

"Enough with this talk of trade. Do you wish to know why you are here? It is simple. There is only enough room for thirty on this vessel. No more, no less. When a fresh new face arrives, room must be made on the roster. A fellow traveler goes overboard into the abyss."

A sanctimonious smile spreads into a wicked grin.

"And you have failed to earn your place. Goodbye...."

TLDR: I only keep 30 characters at a time. Alts get deleted like a bad Reddit post. I feel like a hoarder with even that many.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've long used the guideline that "any rare" I can acquire for under 500k is a good one.  I wanted to put that to the test.

So I put in bids at 500k on all kinds of lvl 31 rares.  Some don't fill (like Lotg).  Some pretty much instafill.  Anyway, let's just say it's pretty easy to acquire a large number of rares at or below that price (and if you are converting uncommon recipes to rare IOs, WAY below that price level.)

Yesterday, I took 100 of these assorted rares, converted each one once by rarity, not even looking at what it converted into.  Each converter cost me 66,666, each IO cost me 500,000 for a total cost of 566,666.  I listed each IO at 629,629 to ensure that I would get a profit if it sold.

41/100 insta sold.  Less than 24 hours later, 94/100 were sold.  Proceeds after taxes were 136,308,658 on an investment of 56,666,600 for a profit of almost 80mm inf and a 140.5% return overnight.  That is without knowing anything about which IOs are valuable or not, or using strategy while converting.  Just blindly converting once and dumping them.

Small sample set, I know.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
Missed a digit.
  • Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

is someone actually crazy enough to try to manipulate numina's? i've seen some *very* very odd trends going on with it more recently. i try not to be overly quick to judge manipulation when its usually the case that the coincidence is simply the result of lack of information, but seeing the supply drop to zero on a couple less desirable numina's pieces piques my curiosity.

edit: hah you nabbed quite a bit out of an enhancement i keep a close eye on, and i had suspected it was you before you even posted that. should have jumped on that earlier in this particular set, but that's also yet another way people end up making money.

Edited by nax2
  • Like 1

My main is an Invuln/EM Tanker, American Dream Girl. First on Freedom and now on Torchbearer.

She was never supposed to be my main. She was just a character that I made one day. I had a fun theme in mind and an AT/powerset combo I wanted to try out just to see what it was like. I never had a main, just a bunch of different characters that I played.

Never mind that I eventually spent more time playing this character than all of my other characters combined. I even made a bunch of other characters trying to find an AT/powerset combo that I would like so that I would stop spending so much time on this one character.

Years after The Snap, I logged in to Homecoming for the first time and they had one server: Bree. Without even thinking about it I started recreating my Invuln/EM Tank in the character creator, old screenshot of her costume on my other screen. That's when I realized that she was my main.

• Like 3

If you'd rather be Lame-O the Wonder Clown instead of Homelander then you're playing the wrong game.

Thank you doesn't even come close to the gratitude I have for the Homecoming developers for resurrecting Paragon City.

5 hours ago, nax2 said:

is someone actually crazy enough to try to manipulate numina's? i've seen some *very* very odd trends going on with it more recently. i try not to be overly quick to judge manipulation when its usually the case that the coincidence is simply the result of lack of information, but seeing the supply drop to zero on a couple less desirable numina's pieces piques my curiosity.

edit: hah you nabbed quite a bit out of an enhancement i keep a close eye on, and i had suspected it was you before you even posted that. should have jumped on that earlier in this particular set, but that's also yet another way people end up making money.

I assume you are talking about me in your edit, and guilty as charged.  I don't mess around with numina's however, for one simple reason.  I rarely use them and I don't feel like I can sell 50-100 of them in a day for a 2-3mm+ profit.  I guess that's two reasons.

Who run Bartertown?

yeah the numina's is a strange case, and I'm almost certain it was a marketer - the supply took an immediate nosedive to zero, and then suddenly a huge amount of bids in both directions. the non suspicious theory could simply be that several people noted the dwindling supply and saw an opportunity to make quick bucks by crafting them, but thats a pretty oft traded enh and it begs the question why all of a sudden...

as for you, that was a partially lethal trap.  but i did end up making a large amount of money on it.  im guessing your bids already cleared.

Edited by nax2
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, nax2 said:

as for you, that was a partially lethal trap.  but i did end up making a large amount of money on it.  im guessing your bids already cleared.

Aha!  Not nearly as much as I did...

Although only 1/10 of the ones I relisted sold.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
What's an "n" amongst friends?
  • Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

18 hours ago, nax2 said:

yeah the numina's is a strange case, and I'm almost certain it was a marketer - the supply took an immediate nosedive to zero, and then suddenly a huge amount of bids in both directions. the non suspicious theory could simply be that several people noted the dwindling supply and saw an opportunity to make quick bucks by crafting them, but thats a pretty oft traded enh and it begs the question why all of a sudden...

I've been doing a lot of trading in Numina's and Miracle the past day or two, but I'm small-time and certainly not dealing in enough volume to shift things.  The market has surprised me though as I've both been buying cheaply and selling for almost an order of magnitude higher.  I'm not even having to convert within the set for the 'junk' pieces.