Phantom Army not attacking in Night Ward - nor my confused foe

Greycat

So, noticed this at least once before, but...

Running an Ill/Storm through Night Ward, level 29. Ran across a group of Talons and Apparitions facing off on a rooftop. Cast PA right into the middle of them. Result?

PA wanders towards me like nothing's happening, even while being attacked, attacking nothing. Try dragging them through the spawn again - same thing. They're being attacked, I'm being attacked, I even initiated an attack with Freezing Rain - no go. Took down one talon, confused another - the confused talon (facing three Apparitions) didn't attack, either.

Inside an instanced mission (one of SIr Lionel's,) versus Drudges - no problem. Everything works as intended. I have no status effects such as confuse on me, so...

Did it with another group that was -1 or -2 to me, just apparitions - no problem, they fought.

Found a third group of the same make up, PA killed the lvl 29 Talons minion... then ignored the Talons LT and apparitions.

Edit: And since we can do this now -

(... not the *best* capture, but still. Up the resolution :) )

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Further testing, finding a group of even con *just* apparitions, PA attacks just fine...

Even weirder. (Have to get a video of this up, because.. yeah.) Found a rooftop with that same combo on it (Talons vs Apparitions,) and Apparitions in the distance - same rooftop. All even con. Same thing happened. Pulled PA over to the group of apparitions, they attacked... but not the LT. And still completely ignored the other group.

(Edit - forgot the second link.

)

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

... and another group, apparitions vs drudges, -1, didn't attack the apparitions. Trying to pick out what the heck's going on here...

Edit: Except for one drudge. Who came back. Now PA's not attacking any of them.

Edit2: Also seems to have nothing to do with level. Brought a 32 Ill/Sonic in. Similar group and level - 29 Apparitions and Talons together. PA completely ignored them. As well as a group of just-apparitions.  Phantasm doesn't attack them, either. Or a Shivan.

Power analyzer shows nothing stealthy.

Doesn't seem to affect MM pets - they'll attack happily, though they tend to be attacked first. At least they respond.

Edited by Greycat

It feels like this is another strong argument for giving controllers the MM pet commands. 

26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

• 8 months later

Bit of a necro here, but I didn't think an update needed a whole new thread.

Ran across this same behaviour in one other spawn - Brickstown, one of the Council spawns that has a few recruiters you can't attack with several regular enemies you can. Might be the makeup of the spawn, but it was just completely ignored by PA.