[Beta] Patch Notes for June 6th, 2021

• City Council

PvP Powers Changes

These changes will not be going live in this patch - they are for testing only. Please provide your feedback if you would or would not like to see these changes go live!

• All travel power speed cap increases from Issue 27, Page 2 now also apply in PvP
  • Modified the PvP diminishing return curves for travel speeds for testing purposes

• SpeedRunning set to 0.45, SpeedFlying set to 0.60, SpeedJumping set to 0.45

• Sorcery > Arcane Bolt / Arcane Power
    • Arcane Power can now trigger in PvP
    • Damage bonus in PvP is 50% of the base damage rather than 100%
  • Fortunata Hypnosis (IO proc): PvP placate effect reduced from 5.336s to 4s
    • This puts it in line with the Presence pool's Pacify, which also does 8s PvE and 4s PvP
  • Electrical Affinity:

• Rejuvenating Circuit: Increased the Main Target heal to do an extra 0.41 scale in PvP only. This makes the main target get the equivalent of a 1.96 scale heal (same as Heal Other from Empathy). The chain heal still works off of the 1.55 scale heal, so no change for the healing of secondary targets.

• Faraday Cage: Increased the duration of PvP-only effects to 20s (up from 5s). This includes mez protection, mez resistance, kb protection and repel protection. The other effects (PvE and Both) still use 5s. This increase in duration is to allow PvPers to have more time outside of the faraday cage bubble before wearing off.

• Faraday Cage: Decreased the activation period from 1 second to 0.2 second. The faster rate should allow for the Faraday Cage buffs to apply more quickly/reliably when moving through the Faraday Cage bubble. Note: This does not affect Static build up, that will still use a 5s activation period.

• Super Reflexes PvP tweaks (All ATs):

• Lowered the activation period of powers with scaling resistance from 2s to 0.5s (all ATs)

• Increased PvP Elusivity in Focused Fighting, Focused Senses and Evasion to 20%.
    • Reverted scaling resistance and scaling elusivity changes from last patch.
    • Added Toxic Resistance to all scaling resistance powers (all ATs)
    • Bug Fix: Corrected Brute's Evasion elusivity duration. It was set to 0.75s when it was supposed to be 2.25s. This resulted in AoE elusivity dropping out between each 2s tick application.
  • EMP Arrow PvP tweaks:

• Increased the duration of all PvP effects to 20s (up from 0.65s). This will allow players to buff themselves inside the EMP field, then exit for up to 20s of protection. These effects only include the following:
      • Resistance to Mez, Teleport
      • Protection to Mez, Knock, and Repel
  • Power Surge and Unstoppable PvP tweaks (All ATs):
    • Removed the HP crash
    • Added Psionic Resistance (2.45 scale). The amount of psionic resistance is 35% of what the T9 typically gives to other damage types.
  • Granite Armor PvP tweaks (All ATs):
    • Added Psionic Resistance (1.75 scale). The amount of psionic resistance is 35% of what Granite Armor gives to other damage types.
  • Thumbs Up 5

The one thing that stands out to me as something I would love to see added to the game is the HP crash removal from Power Surge and Unstoppable... however, I would much prefer it be an overall change rather than a pvp exclusive change.

• Like 5

Fantastic. Excited to test these.

• Like 1

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Power Surge and Unstoppable PvP tweaks (All ATs):

• Removed the HP crash

I don't pvp so i'm no expert here. But just for this one, it looks amazing.

Kudos as well for EA changes and overall power effects reliability.

On 6/6/2021 at 5:56 PM, Faultline said:

PvP Powers Changes

• Granite Armor PvP tweaks (All ATs):
    • Added Psionic Resistance (1.75 scale). The amount of psionic resistance is 35% of what Granite Armor gives to other damage types.

Do people actually use Granite Armor in PvP?  In any case I'd rather see Minerals changed to work with Granite Armor.  I should mention that I PvP very rarely though, so my opinion is based more on my conception of the set and its various powers than the effect of the change; Minerals would probably be a lot stronger in PvP than the small amount of Res and may be too strong if paired with Granite.

Edited by csr

3 hours ago, JayboH said:

Hopefully the PvPers help test

This has been an ongoing process over the past few months, with a number of very dedicated and PvP-knowledgeable players testing these and other proposed changes. And while it isn't solely up to PvPers to test these changes, players who are familiar with or compete in an organized manner (in the arena, for example) and in zones are also testing these proposed changes. Heck, even folks who don't PvP are testing these proposed changes. I honestly can't think of a reason for anyone not to be included for testing - if you or others would like to, I certainly recommend helping the community through the testing and providing feedback of these proposed changes.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

9 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

This has been an ongoing process over the past few months, with a number of very dedicated and PvP-knowledgeable players testing these and other proposed changes. And while it isn't solely up to PvPers to test these changes, players who are familiar with or compete in an organized manner (in the arena, for example) and in zones are also testing these proposed changes. Heck, even folks who don't PvP are testing these proposed changes. I honestly can't think of a reason for anyone not to be included for testing - if you or others would like to, I certainly recommend helping the community through the testing and providing feedback of these proposed changes.

I do test and give feedback; I just think if there is a bunch of PvP changes to test I shouldn't get involved.  Dice roll PvP where it's more about getting favorable rolls than actual skill/reflexes has never appealed to me (well, most of us it looks like.)  I don't want my limited experience to influence things that others care more about - isn't that the smart thing to do?  Do the PvP players want PvE only players to help change the PvP?

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

15 minutes ago, JayboH said:

I do test and give feedback; I just think if there is a bunch of PvP changes to test I shouldn't get involved.  Dice roll PvP where it's more about getting favorable rolls than actual skill/reflexes has never appealed to me (well, most of us it looks like.)  I don't want my limited experience to influence things that others care more about - isn't that the smart thing to do?  Do the PvP players want PvE only players to help change the PvP?

I wasn't meaning* to imply in my response to you that you weren't testing or giving feedback. And I can certainly understand your point though, in fact I am in the same boat.

One thing I am good at is measuring and comparing stated effects (i.e., what the patch notes say or how it should work) against what is actually happening, and when there is a discrepancy, I ensure the bug report is very detailed to make sure my results can be retested by others. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

15 hours ago, JayboH said:

Hopefully the PvPers help test

We do. :classic_biggrin:

Most of our feedback comes via the discord, though.

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

On 6/10/2021 at 12:27 PM, csr said:

Do people actually use Granite Armor in PvP?  In any case I'd rather see Minerals changed to work with Granite Armor.  I should mention that I PvP very rarely though, so my opinion is based more on my conception of the set and its various powers than the effect of the change; Minerals would probably be a lot stronger in PvP than the small amount of Res and may be too strong if paired with Granite.

Yes!

Pocket D Zone Tour

2 hours ago, Faultline said:

Are you willing to take the harsh diminishing returns that the PvP versions have for it?

I would be very happy for (as an example) Unstoppable to be balanced such that clicking it brought a Tanker to 90% Res to all but Psi IF it is fully slotted for Res AND combined with your toggles and passives, if that meant we could slash the Health and End crashes to 50%.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Faultline said:

Are you willing to take the harsh diminishing returns that the PvP versions have for it?

As opposed to not using them because they are trash powers most of the time in PvE? I would say that it’s at least worth a look.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

9 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Right now fully slotted Unstoppable gives ~109% Resistance, which is silly of course.

My suggestion is to reduce the base value of Unstoppable on a Tanker down to 40% and cut the Health and End crashes both to 50%.

Is that harsh enough?

Take this, maybe drop the S/L component entirely and then we would have an excellent place to start.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

Right now fully slotted Unstoppable gives ~109% Resistance, which is silly of course.

My suggestion is to reduce the base value of Unstoppable on a Tanker down to 40% and cut the Health and End crashes both to 50%.

Is that harsh enough?

Why is 109% res silly? Your resistancce debuff resistance isn't capped at 90% (as you are mentioning tankers), so having higher than 90% res can actually be pretty useful. In PvE at least, not sure if it works the same in PvP.

That being said I would like to see all the T9 crashes reduced to the point where I might actually consider using the power, rather than merely taking it as another mule for set bonuses, so I wouldn't actually be against the powers base values being reduced if that's what it takes to make it happen.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

38 minutes ago, CaptainLupis said:

Why is 109% res silly? Your resistancce debuff resistance isn't capped at 90% (as you are mentioning tankers), so having higher than 90% res can actually be pretty useful. In PvE at least, not sure if it works the same in PvP.

To my understanding that's not how it works in PvE either. Someone more knowledgeable should feel free to correct me, but I thought there isn't actually anything called Resistance Debuff Resistance. There is just Damage Resistance which itself resists debuffs to itself and as such is in fact capped at 90%.