How is Melee in PvP these days?

19 hours ago, America's Angel said:

@M3z you should check out MJB's videos, above. They show that melee can be viable in small scale stuff just as much as it is in 1v1s.

In Zone PvP, stacking taunt for -range is one way of countering your opponent's Jaunt. This is what it looks like in practice:

Here's what my psy/em with Intuition, and a whole bunch of +range bonuses look like vs stacked taunt...

image.png.c12c71d0779c002a74f61b55fda39df9.png

Melee being able to seriously neuter the best evading power in the game, reduce the range of all ranged foes' attacks, as well as dish out loads of damage themseles (their epic attacks now have increased crit chances from the ATOs, remember) means Melee is in a very good spot right now.

sounds like an absolute blast

I've been scouring these forums and the discord for about 5 hours now searching for any build advice for my EM\Invuln Brute and am disheartened to see that I may be just wasting my time. I really love this combo too. Is the only options for melee really that limited?

• 5 months later
On 6/17/2021 at 12:55 AM, WindKnight said:

I've been scouring these forums and the discord for about 5 hours now searching for any build advice for my EM\Invuln Brute and am disheartened to see that I may be just wasting my time. I really love this combo too. Is the only options for melee really that limited?

I haven't played any brutes but I've played many scrappers. Energy melee / inv scrapper is absolutely insane and it makes my street justice / inv scrapper look like a baby. Scrapper is insane on damage.

EDIT:  after playing two sj / inv scrappers and then using an energy / inv scrapper, it's not even a contest. Enemies are more resistant to crushing than energy naturally

Edited by stegosaurus